Date: 29/04/24 - 07:13 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: 2012 Recruiting Thread  (Read 50947 times)

June 24, 2009, 11:54:40 PM
Reply #90

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
23   Ismaila Dauda   C   6-11/230   Miami, FL   Choice Learning Academy C.O.L.   Team Georgia Elite

teammate of mitchell.  but i think he's already committed to miami.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

June 25, 2009, 08:14:33 AM
Reply #91

bbhoops

• Cub

1   Perry Ellis   F   6-8/210   Wichita, KS   Wichita Heights   K.C. Cowboys
14   Christopher Thomas   SG   6-4/180   Denver, CO   Montbello   Colorado Hawks
33   Gavin Thurman   PF   6-6/190   Kansas City, MO   Southeast   KC Pump 'N Run
38   Joshua Scott   PF   6-9/210   Colorado Springs, CO   Lewis-Palmer   Colorado
50   Marcus Paige   PG   5-11/155   Marion, IA   Linn-Mar   Martin Brothers Select
72   Trey Boykin   G   6-4/185   Aurora, CO   Rangeview   Colorado Chaos
73   Kaileb Rodriguez   SF   6-7/185   Highlands Ranch, CO   Thunderridge   Next Level
77   Wesley Staten   PG   6-1/160   Sioux City, IA   Sioux City West   K.C. Cowboys Players
90   Willie Cauley   C   6-10/210   Dodge City, KS   Spearville   KC Pump 'N Run
111   Jalin Love   G   6-1/165   Kansas City, MO   East   KC Pump 'N Run
113   Tyler Thomas   F   6-7/190   Olathe, KS   Olathe South   Spice Mo-Kan
119   Kevin Pritchard   PG   6-2/165   Lawrence, KS   Lawrence   KC Pump 'N Run
124   Adam Woodbury   C   6-11/215   Sioux City, IA   East   Martin Brothers Select
130   Dominique Wilson   PF   6-8/200   Kansas City, KS   Piper   K.C. Cowboys Players
140   Casey Kasperbauer   SG   6-1/165   Carroll, IA   Carroll   All Iowa Attack
144   Clinton McCullough   PF   6-6/190   Lenexa, KS   St. James Academy   Spice Mo-Kan Elite
150   Amara Darboh   SF   6-3/185   Dowling, IA   Dowling   All Iowa Attack

is this bossi's list?

No this list is from Antonio Curro National Recruiting Editor for NY2LASports.com

June 25, 2009, 08:18:34 AM
Reply #92

bbhoops

• Cub

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

NY2LASPORTS.COM - CLASS OF 2012 PLAYER RANKINGS
Antonio Curro - National Recruiting Editor NY2LASports.com
June 24, 2009
E-mail us at [email protected] with questions or comments
RANKINGS WEEK is in full swing here at NY2LASports.com and after releasing our new Top 150 for the 2010 & 2011 classes earlier this week we head into the future today with a look at what is shaping up to be a very strong 2012 class nationally.  With tons of size, lots of explosive athletes, and some big time sleepers the 2012 class has all the makings of something exciting in the coming years and you can expect to hear an awful lot about some of the names that made the cut in the new NY2LASports.com Top 150 for the Class of 2012.  Here's a look at some of what you can expect to see from the rising sophomore class nationally...
NY2LASPORTS.COM TOP 150 PLAYER RANKINGS - CLASS OF 2012
Power Forwards/Centers
Bigs, bigs, and more bigs is the story of the day here as the 2012 class has a number of interior prospects from coast to coast that are sure to land on the radars of college coaches across the country.  Be sure to remember names like 6-9 DaJuan Coleman of Syracuse, New York (#5); 6-11 Andre Drummond of Hartford, Connecticut (#7); 6-7 Ricardo Gathers of LaPlace, Louisiana (#9), and 6-9 Hanner Perea of Birmingham, Alabama (#11) as they're sure to generate a lot of pub in the coming years.

However, while each of those is a promising talent in his own right, the bar in the 2012 class could be set by 6-8 Kansas native Perry Ellis.  Ellis has excellent length, a solid skill set, great feel for the game, and untapped potential that colleges across the country are already lining up around the block to see.  With a big time high school season already under his belt and rave reviews from coast to coast, Ellis is a blue chip talent that oozes potential and is one of the 2012 prospects by which others are measured at this point in the game.  

Point Guards
Looking at a deep floor general group in the 2012 class the conversation must start with 6-7 Kyle Anderson of Fairview, New Jersey.  Not only does the young Anderson have excellent instincts and big time physical upside but he flat out knows how to play and puts it down on the national circuit in a major way.  With a couple tournament championships under his belt this spring, Anderson continues to evolve into a big time talent and provided he can continue to develop his skills on the defensive end against smaller and quicker guards, Anderson could become one of the best floor generals to come down the pipe in a long time. 
Anderson isn't the only 2012 PG to get some burn though as the 2012 class has a ton of talented young lead guards.  6-5 LaDarius White of McComb, Mississippi (#10) has to be mentioned in any conversation as he has a chance to challenge the top 5 if he continues to evolve and develop.  Add to the mix talented prospects like 6-1 Jaran Reese of Bryan, Texas (#12); 6-2 Lynden Rose of Houston, Texas (#21); 5-10 Javan Felix of New Orleans, Louisiana (#31); and 6-1 Jaylen Beckam of Lexington, Kentucky (#36) and its safe to say that there will be a number of talented floor generals getting major ink from the 2012 class over the next few years. 
Shooting Guards
Putting the ball in the basket is always a top priority and the 2012 class has more than its fair share of talented perimeter scorers with range, versatility, and athleticism.  Las Vegas is always hot but the 2012 class stands to sizzle with super talents like 6-4 Shabazz Muhammad rocking the hardwood.  The mult-skilled Muhammad promises to challenge for the top spot and is already regarded by some as the top player in the 2012 class.  Muhammad is already showing he's the real deal and when talking about impact players in the 2012 class the Las Vegas phenom is a major conversational piece to say the least. 
While Las Vegas is home to one of the hottest talents in the 2012 class, the country as a whole possesses some solid talent as well from top to bottom and guys like 6-4 Jordan Price of Conyers, Georgia (#8); 6-4 Christopher Thomas of Denver, Colorado (#14); 6-3 Jordan Tebbutt of Tualatin, Oregon (#22); and 6-3 Omar Calhoun of Brooklyn, New York (#27) are just of few of many talented SG's to make the cut in the new NY2LASports.com Top 150 for the Class of 2012 that stand to make a lot of noise in the coming years. 
Small Forwards
Explosive wing talents and slashing scoring machines are the story of the day here and the 2012 class has a number of excellent wing talents who stand to become big time impact players over the next couple of years if they continue to progress.  Arguably the most explosive of the bunch athletically is 6-5 Justin Anderson of Spotsylvania, VA.  The young Virginia talent has hops from another planet and is a human highlight reel waiting to happen in the open floor.  Arguably one of the most hyped and discussed talents in the 2012 class for the past couple of years; Anderson gets his just due as he secures a top 5 spot in the new rankings.
As explosive and exciting as Anderson is, Philadelphia native 6-6 Savon Lloyd-Goodman is that smooth.  With an advanced skilled floor game that shreds opposing teams and stands superior to most in the 2012 class, Goodman follows in the footsteps of current Class of 2011 #1 Michael Gilchrist as the next big thing in the Team Final program.  Goodman knows how to play and does so in a smooth fashion that puts W's on the board and generates big time press in the process. 
Biggest Movers
6-5 PG LaDarius White of McComb, Mississippi
6-4 SG Shabazz Muhammad of Las Vegas, Nevada
6-11 C Andre Drummond of Hartford, Connecticut
6-9 F/C Emmanuel Ochenje of Carbondale, Illinois
6-6 PF Gavin Thurman of Kansas City, Missouri
Ones to Watch
6-9 F Hanner Perea of Birmingham, Alabama
6-11 C Ismaila Dauda of Miami, Florida
6-9 PF Joshua Scott of Colorado Springs, Colorado
5-10 PG Siyani Chambers of Hopkins, Minnesota
6-2 PG Rayven Lee of Dearborn Heights, Michigan

June 25, 2009, 08:28:59 AM
Reply #93

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
bbhoops, please tell Perry to get to know Tony Mitchell at the Vince Carter Nike camp. If you get any info on Tony feel free to report here.  Would be interested to know what Perry thinks of him as a player and as human being.
<---------Click the ball

June 25, 2009, 08:30:16 AM
Reply #94

bbhoops

• Cub

Here is another updated ranking it says March 09 at the top but just came out today.  FYI: Ellis was #6 on the March 09 list.
http://sportspresstv.com/basketball-2012.htm

June 25, 2009, 08:52:52 AM
Reply #95

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
Here is another updated ranking it says March 09 at the top but just came out today.  FYI: Ellis was #6 on the March 09 list.
http://sportspresstv.com/basketball-2012.htm

#7 from arlington grace
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

June 25, 2009, 08:58:26 AM
Reply #96

treysolid

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Ready for Maize girls!

June 25, 2009, 05:05:36 PM
Reply #97

FoamClaw

• Cub

Noticed quite a few Kansas players in both lists (alot more than usual)... will be interesting to see how that pans out

July 06, 2009, 10:17:05 PM
Reply #98

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
Perry Ellis says he's "pretty sure" he knows which schools he wants to take a closer look at...uk Memphis Kansas UNC Okla Kan St

3 local schools, 3 national.

July 06, 2009, 11:32:07 PM
Reply #99

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.
Perry Ellis says he's "pretty sure" he knows which schools he wants to take a closer look at...uk Memphis Kansas UNC Okla Kan St

3 local schools, 3 national.

:eek:

July 13, 2009, 08:06:56 PM
Reply #100

bbhoops

• Cub

http://www.truebluekentucky.com/index.php/basketball/926-guest-basketball/1683-ellis-talks-about-visit.html

http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2009/07/07/lebron-james-skills-academy-day-i/

http://www.hoopsreport.com/news/eventreports/lbjskillsacademymondaynightupdate

http://www.hoopsreport.com/news/eventreports/lebronjamesskillsacademynewsandnotes

http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=22902

http://www.kentucky.com/818/story/848993.html

Chris Fisher with Kentucky Ink wrote this:
On the Fourth of July, most people are grilling hamburgers and setting off fireworks to celebrate America's birthday. The Kentucky coaching staff instead played host to a recruit--2012 Wichita Heights (Kan.) power forward Perry Ellis.Ellis, his mother, Fonda, and his AAU Coach Cortland Carney, visited Memphis Friday on their way to Lexington Saturday morning. uk coach John Calipari had previously offered Ellis a scholarship at Memphis. Ellis' sister, Savannah, will be a senior on the Tigers' basketball team this season."Perry had already seen the facilities and we had a nice visit," Ellis said. "We know Coach Josh (Pastner) well from visiting Memphis several times to see my daughter Savannah."Calipari recently extended Ellis another offer from his new digs at Kentucky and the Ellis' felt compelled to come check it out on their way to the Lebron James Skills Academy in Akron, Ohio this week."We had a great visit," Ellis said. "We didn't stay in Lexington long but we got the feeling of what uk was about. It was great to hear about the long history of uk. It was worth the stop."With Calipari and uk assistant Rod Strickland were with family in Memphis, Orlando Antigua served as the Ellis' host."We already knew him really well from Memphis and he's a great guy," Ellis said. "We met DeMarcus Cousins and got to see the den that the athletes will be staying.  They said they plan to remodel just about everything."At 6-8, 215 pounds, Ellis is a skilled combo forward who is big enough at 6-8 to play down low and skilled enough to step out on the perimeter. He is projected as one of, if not the, top prospect in the 2012 class and also holds a scholarship offer from Kansas.

July 14, 2009, 07:34:59 AM
Reply #101

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
Hey, bbhoops, make sure that Perry is aware of Memphis' impending sanctions and probation.  I would hate for the kid to commit and run into all of that.  Wouldn't be fair to him.
<---------Click the ball

July 14, 2009, 10:12:31 AM
Reply #102

doom

• Muzzled Poster
  • Junior Wildcat

Hey, bbhoops, make sure that Perry is aware of Memphis' impending sanctions and probation.  I would hate for the kid to commit and run into all of that.  Wouldn't be fair to him.

And Kentucky's.  Memphis will get the initial slaps on the wrist but if they ever drop the hammer it will be on Cal. 

I still want my cooler, bitches!

July 15, 2009, 02:28:01 PM
Reply #103

bam8485

• Cub

Im not feeling to great about landing Ellis. I think we will need to beat up on ku to steal him away which is possible.

July 25, 2009, 12:25:42 AM
Reply #104

JTKSU

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Gettin' angried up!!!

And Kentucky's.  Memphis will get the initial slaps on the wrist but if they ever drop the hammer it will be on Cal. 

I didn't realize that Cortland Carney was his AAU coach.  I remember him from his days in the City League.  Nice little player, good dude.

July 25, 2009, 06:20:07 PM
Reply #105

Trim

• Administrator
  • Cub

• Personal Text
    "Tacky" -Kietz
"There really is nothing to do out there but go to school, work out and play basketball. You don't really have a social life," Goodman said. "But that really won't be a concern of mine."

Does Martin et al sell this to recruits?

July 25, 2009, 07:52:48 PM
Reply #106

JTKSU

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Gettin' angried up!!!
"There really is nothing to do out there but go to school, work out and play basketball. You don't really have a social life," Goodman said. "But that really won't be a concern of mine."

Does Martin et al sell this to recruits?

I think it's pretty obvious that dude spent the entire recruiting visit smoking tweed, pounding beers, counting the cash we gave him, picking out a new SUV, and doing coke off stripper's asses.  He just knows to keep his mouth shut.

Goodman:  Yo, Coach Martin, this place is &@#%ing awesome.  I can't wait to come back with several of my highly rated buddies and sign on the dotted line!  I'm gonna start making calls to everyone right now!

Frank:  Snitches get stitches.  Don't make me take my shirt off.

Goodman:  I fully understand you coach, I will silently commit to you right now and continue to help recruit other players behind the scenes.

July 27, 2009, 08:13:50 AM
Reply #107

treysolid

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Ready for Maize girls!
In honor of his reclassification, here is a Jordan Goodman highlight video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmtD1zRpsEk&NR=1

July 27, 2009, 09:35:45 AM
Reply #108

Paul11

• Premium Member
  • Cub

Goodman has been compared to DeMarr Johnson who went to Cincy for one season. Also, Johnson is the god brother of Michael Beasley.

If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes-John Wooden

July 27, 2009, 09:52:03 AM
Reply #109

treysolid

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Ready for Maize girls!
wasn't 'Te a member of DeMarr Johnson's entourage before he got into coaching?

July 27, 2009, 10:35:25 AM
Reply #110

Paul11

• Premium Member
  • Cub

wasn't 'Te a member of DeMarr Johnson's entourage before he got into coaching?

'Te is his brother. The similarities are just getting ridiculous.
If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes-John Wooden

August 07, 2009, 10:17:36 PM
Reply #111

Leyton

• Cub

"We met DeMarcus Cousins and got to see the den that the athletes will be staying.  They said they plan to remodel just about everything."
LOL.  Must have been a pretty sweet "den".

August 08, 2009, 01:48:23 AM
Reply #112

blackmild1

• Cub

ksu will not beat up on ku to steal ellis from ku
it great to be a jayhawk

u digg

August 08, 2009, 12:59:24 PM
Reply #113

Leyton

• Cub

Bold.

August 08, 2009, 01:47:48 PM
Reply #114

JTKSU

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Gettin' angried up!!!
Bold.

I assume Frank will take his shirt off for this?

August 11, 2009, 12:45:48 PM
Reply #115

Winters

• Senior Cub

August 11, 2009, 01:33:10 PM
Reply #116

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb

August 14, 2009, 09:37:15 PM
Reply #118

bbhoops

• Cub

Perry Ellis and Dajuan Coleman both of class 2012 were invited to play in the elite 24 at Rucker Park on August 21st.

August 15, 2009, 07:32:13 AM
Reply #119

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
Perry Ellis and Dajuan Coleman both of class 2012 were invited to play in the elite 24 at Rucker Park on August 21st.

Thanks bbhoops.  Do we have a shot with Perry?  Please be honest.  We can take it.
<---------Click the ball