Author Topic: Pullen/Kelly  (Read 29128 times)

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Pullen/Kelly
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2010, 10:09:03 AM »
This has nothing to do with legal or the amount of the discount.  The fact is that discount was not a store promotion so Jake recieved something for nothing.  When I was running Cross Country at KSU we would go out and run 10k's and 5k's.  We were not allowed to accept the prize money no matter how little it was, because it would be a violation of NCAA rules.  While I know this is not the same thing it is pretty serious in the eyes of the NCAA.

Most of the time the people running the races would then put all the winners names in a raffle and give the money to the winner of the raffle, don't know if the violates any rules (I'm sure it does) but we thought we were pretty clever.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2010, 10:40:15 AM »
E*MAW!

*all of God's children

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2010, 11:13:34 AM »
So ShirtTuckVille reporting that it was "10 Polo Shirts" . . . so was it 10 Polo style shirts, or 10 Ralph Lauren Polo shirts??

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2010, 11:19:27 AM »
We should call it getting a deal that someone offered.  Who the eff decides when a good deal is too good of a deal.  If they got 75% off would that be good enough?  Laws can't be arbitrary.  So if I know that some white person got $700 more off of a car because they were white can I call the cops and ask that the buyer and seller be charged with larceny?

Last year Directv was in a carriage dispute with Versus.  Myself and thousands of others nationwide called directv and oversold how much we would miss Versus to get lots of free cac.  I got the NHL and College Basketball packages for free.  I have first hand knowledge of people getting cac like free HD DVRs and they never watched Versus.  I don't think anyone would be knocking on my door even if I called the district attorney on myself.  

You are out of your goddamn mind if you think cac like this doesn't happen in every single retail store in America to regular j_rake people.  And you know what people get caught every day by their bosses giving people discounts they shouldn't.  I am willing to bet that .6794% of these end up with the person receiving the discount getting cuffed and charged with larceny.

While agree with most of what you say here, I'm curious what kind of discount is 95% off.

Your car comparison doesn't hold it's salt.  A better comparison?  Me walking away with a 2011 5.0 'Stang for $1,500.

Regardless, it's still against the rules to use a private/family/employee/whatever, for a third party.  Whether or not they get away with it, the rule/law is still in place.

Have you ever purchased something for 95% off, I have.  What's the threshold?  Who determines this threshold?  Is 85% okay and 95% not?  Should I stop using Groupon for fear that the feds are going to raid my house?

I'm intentionally being obtuse, but the point is if you charge someone for grand larceny for something like this you should just go ahead and say that you as a district attorney supports gross inequities when enforcing law.  The DA in that case should have just said in whatever press release I'm sure they had, "yeah this appears incredibly racist, I don't give a eff."  I'm willing to bet that the charges against the football players were dropped or pleaded waaayyy down.

The people who offer the discounts should be the ones that should be targeted.   

why are you bringing race into this? seems weird. also, are you talking about the fsu stuff or the ksu stuff or both?

This specific conversion you are quoting refers specifically to FSU.  I am not going to comment on the KSU case, there's been no facts reported at all.  As far as race, let's be real about how this law is enforced.  How many times do you think the DA in Tallahassee has prosecuted a 47 year old housewife for getting a discount from her 18 year old daughter at Maurices?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2010, 11:22:49 AM »
We should call it getting a deal that someone offered.  Who the eff decides when a good deal is too good of a deal.  If they got 75% off would that be good enough?  Laws can't be arbitrary.  So if I know that some white person got $700 more off of a car because they were white can I call the cops and ask that the buyer and seller be charged with larceny?

Last year Directv was in a carriage dispute with Versus.  Myself and thousands of others nationwide called directv and oversold how much we would miss Versus to get lots of free cac.  I got the NHL and College Basketball packages for free.  I have first hand knowledge of people getting cac like free HD DVRs and they never watched Versus.  I don't think anyone would be knocking on my door even if I called the district attorney on myself.  

You are out of your goddamn mind if you think cac like this doesn't happen in every single retail store in America to regular j_rake people.  And you know what people get caught every day by their bosses giving people discounts they shouldn't.  I am willing to bet that .6794% of these end up with the person receiving the discount getting cuffed and charged with larceny.

While agree with most of what you say here, I'm curious what kind of discount is 95% off.

Your car comparison doesn't hold it's salt.  A better comparison?  Me walking away with a 2011 5.0 'Stang for $1,500.

Regardless, it's still against the rules to use a private/family/employee/whatever, for a third party.  Whether or not they get away with it, the rule/law is still in place.

Have you ever purchased something for 95% off, I have.  What's the threshold?  Who determines this threshold?  Is 85% okay and 95% not?  Should I stop using Groupon for fear that the feds are going to raid my house?

I'm intentionally being obtuse, but the point is if you charge someone for grand larceny for something like this you should just go ahead and say that you as a district attorney supports gross inequities when enforcing law.  The DA in that case should have just said in whatever press release I'm sure they had, "yeah this appears incredibly racist, I don't give a eff."  I'm willing to bet that the charges against the football players were dropped or pleaded waaayyy down.

The people who offer the discounts should be the ones that should be targeted.   

why are you bringing race into this? seems weird. also, are you talking about the fsu stuff or the ksu stuff or both?

This specific conversion you are quoting refers specifically to FSU.  I am not going to comment on the KSU case, there's been no facts reported at all.  As far as race, let's be real about how this law is enforced.  How many times do you think the DA in Tallahassee has prosecuted a 47 year old housewife for getting a discount from her 18 year old daughter at Maurices?

i think the same thing happens if you substitute chris weinke for charlie ward. jmo.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2010, 11:23:07 AM »
Wish we had fans of the program that could buy our best players what they want rather than them have to get friendly with the Dillards clerk.

Blame our stinkfest fanbase.

Bingo.  ku/mu fans are laughing at us

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2010, 11:25:28 AM »
So ShirtTuckVille reporting that it was "10 Polo Shirts" . . . so was it 10 Polo style shirts, or 10 Ralph Lauren Polo shirts??

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=9362.0

I'm going to trust Joe Pullen, whoever he is, over those mouthbreathers

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2010, 11:28:28 AM »
So if I read that right, we're talking $16 dollars here . . . $16 bucks??

:lol:  3 game suspension for $16 bucks??   :lol:

eff our compliance people if that's the case for even bothering to turn it in.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2010, 11:34:50 AM »
"A source said a sales clerk who knew Pullen and Kelly allowed them to take more clothing from the store than they paid for. When the store manager found out, K-State officials were contacted.

The clothing Pullen and Kelly took from the store exceeded the value of the merchandise paid for. The difference in value is the impermissible benefit. Because Pullen's suspension was specific and is known, Kansas State has learned the value of his benefit. Kelly's is larger and is still being determined."

Per USA Today:"A statement by the school said the impermissible benefits had to do with clothing at a local store. The Kansas City Star reported that clothing Pullen and Kelly got at the store exceeded the value of the merchandise paid for, and the difference in value is the impermissible benefit. The NCAA suspened Pullen for three games. Kelly is sitting out until it is determined if he had a role in the violation."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2010, 11:36:36 AM »
You just know Kelly grabbed a sweet Fossil watch and a Roundtree & York robe.

:ck:  <---- likes watches

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2010, 11:45:21 AM »
"A source said a sales clerk who knew Pullen and Kelly allowed them to take more clothing from the store than they paid for. When the store manager found out, K-State officials were contacted.

The clothing Pullen and Kelly took from the store exceeded the value of the merchandise paid for. The difference in value is the impermissible benefit. Because Pullen's suspension was specific and is known, Kansas State has learned the value of his benefit. Kelly's is larger and is still being determined."

Per USA Today:"A statement by the school said the impermissible benefits had to do with clothing at a local store. The Kansas City Star reported that clothing Pullen and Kelly got at the store exceeded the value of the merchandise paid for, and the difference in value is the impermissible benefit. The NCAA suspened Pullen for three games. Kelly is sitting out until it is determined if he had a role in the violation."

So trying to translate all this, the value of the benefit according to Puls or someone is . . . $16 bucks.   :ck:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2010, 12:01:06 PM »
It's times like these I hate being a K-State fan.

Offline pencat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2010, 12:04:48 PM »
Because they have guns.

Because it is legal and the NCAA is not involved :facepalm:

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2010, 12:07:52 PM »
Because they have guns.

Because it is legal and the NCAA is not involved :facepalm:

yeah you missed the point of that conversation, it has absolutely nothing to do with the NCAA sit this out

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2010, 12:23:43 PM »
So the Dillards store manager is a POS KU fan? Got it.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2010, 12:30:17 PM »
So the Dillards store manager is a POS KU fan? Got it.

If you're K-State you can't mess with a snitch.  If he/she is willing to call the athletic department who's to say they would stop there if not satisfied with the results of said snitching.

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2010, 01:09:45 PM »
Heard the girl that sold the stuff works at Rusty's...... :chainsaw:
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2010, 01:18:54 PM »
What's her name
EMAW

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2010, 01:29:15 PM »
Rumblings there was a R&Y scarf spotted.    :ohno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2010, 01:31:50 PM »
Tards saying Curt is gonzo.  Anyone actually hear anything?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2010, 01:33:50 PM »

i asked the same question on the premium board and haven't had a response.  :dunno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2010, 01:34:12 PM »
Premium

:cry:

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2010, 01:38:27 PM »

i asked the same question on the premium board and haven't had a response.  :dunno:
Even the superpremium insidery board has nothing, really hush hush.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2010, 01:40:37 PM »

Even the superpremium insidery board has nothing, really hush hush.

Pfft.

Premium Busted.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2010, 02:12:40 PM »
if it really was $16, dillards is going to burn.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."