Author Topic: Alchohol Thread  (Read 14594 times)

yoga-like_abana

Alchohol Thread
« on: February 12, 2010, 02:18:30 PM »
What are some of your favorite beers and/or mixed drinks. (don't say coors or some crap like that)
Just started expanding on my beers and am loving this beer called Purple Haze its a rasperry wheat, yeah I know but it tastes good. Mixed drinks I always do crown and coke or something like that.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Alchohol Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 02:21:24 PM »
my fav beer by far and currently on tap at rab....

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 02:21:39 PM »
Summit Extra Pale Ale

Annyong

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 02:25:30 PM »

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 02:25:45 PM »
What are some of your favorite beers and/or mixed drinks. (don't say coors or some crap like that)
Just started expanding on my beers and am loving this beer called Purple Haze its a rasperry wheat, yeah I know but it tastes good. Mixed drinks I always do crown and coke or something like that.

That's some good stuff.  I can hook you up with some Abita Purple Haze if you ever hit NOLA for a CajunPak.

Been drinking Leinenkugel lately.  Kind of my compromise between drinking assbeer and sliceofheavenbeer.
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 02:26:26 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 02:27:24 PM »
this thread is right up my alley (and I'm not talking about O'Malley's)

vodka:  ketel one.  i drink it with soda, no fruit.  i also drink it in white russians w/ kahlua.

gin:  hendrick's.  it tastes like cucumber.  i drink it with tonic and with or without cucumber.  awesome.

rum:  pyrat.  i drink it in my D&S's, but they're a warm weather drink.  nothing like sitting on the couch with an ice cold D&S in the summer time and watching the Grenkie pitch a gem.

beer:  sam adams.  sol - only in the summer time.  broken arrow pale ale from new belgium is good.  newcastle.  i don't drink much beer though.

wine:  love wine and drink a lot and collect wine a lot.  reds mostly in the cooler months, whites when its warm.  prefer wines with high tanin counts.   cain five is my favorite but it's $$ and saved for special occasies.  there's some really good meritages that i enjoy and it's one of them.

scotch:  meh, i'm kinda over it.  might drink it once a year now-  balvenie double wood, 10 year.

:users:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 02:27:40 PM »

That's some good stuff.  I can hook you up with some Abita Purple Haze if you ever hit NOLA for a CajunPak.

Been drinking Leinenkugel lately.  Kind of my compromise between drinking assbeer and sliceofheavenbeer.

the abita jockamo would be in my top twenty if i actually sat down and tried to put together a top 20.

Offline PurpleScarf

• Fan
  • Wheeee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 02:30:41 PM »
Abita Turbodog is also fantastic.

Recent beer heaven: Schlafly Coffee Stout, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter.  :love:
My sister Stheno says I "verily personify the terrors of the sea" and would be a "real catch" for any man with half a brain.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 02:30:47 PM »
rick daris- i visited the odell's brewery.  those are some cool people and it's a cool brewery.  i love their beers.

also forgot, I love Del Tremens.  place in KC has it on tap.  i love that place, it's called the Westside Local.

also forgot, lately i've  been making stuff with this-

St Germain.  It's an elderflower liquor.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 02:31:34 PM »
rick daris- does rich still RAB?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 02:32:14 PM »

vodka:  ketel one.  i drink it with soda, no fruit.  i also drink it in white russians w/ kahlua.

gin:  hendrick's.  it tastes like cucumber.  i drink it with tonic and with or without cucumber.  awesome.

rum:  pyrat.  i drink it in my D&S's, but they're a warm weather drink.  nothing like sitting on the couch with an ice cold D&S in the summer time and watching the Grenkie pitch a gem.

beer:  sam adams.  sol - only in the summer time.  broken arrow pale ale from new belgium is good.  newcastle.  i don't drink much beer though.

wine:  love wine and drink a lot and collect wine a lot.  reds mostly in the cooler months, whites when its warm.  prefer wines with high tanin counts.   cain five is my favorite but it's $$ and saved for special occasies.  there's some really good meritages that i enjoy and it's one of them.

scotch:  meh, i'm kinda over it.  might drink it once a year now-  balvenie double wood, 10 year.

clams- if you're ever in wine country (oregon, not ca) let me know. bro in law manages the wine club for a really big organic winery in oregon. known for their pinots. was featured on top chef. he could hook you up d00dz.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 02:33:09 PM »
THIS THREAD IS MAKING ME THIRSTY!

:drool:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 02:33:28 PM »

yeah. rich and/or randy there pretty much evertime i go there. randy hung out w/ us once over the summer and covered our tab for the whole night. good times.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 02:34:09 PM »
THIS THREAD IS MAKING ME THIRSTY!

:drool:

:darisgoingtofridgetogetabeercausehehasafedgovtjobandthedayoff:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 02:36:46 PM »

vodka:  ketel one.  i drink it with soda, no fruit.  i also drink it in white russians w/ kahlua.

gin:  hendrick's.  it tastes like cucumber.  i drink it with tonic and with or without cucumber.  awesome.

rum:  pyrat.  i drink it in my D&S's, but they're a warm weather drink.  nothing like sitting on the couch with an ice cold D&S in the summer time and watching the Grenkie pitch a gem.

beer:  sam adams.  sol - only in the summer time.  broken arrow pale ale from new belgium is good.  newcastle.  i don't drink much beer though.

wine:  love wine and drink a lot and collect wine a lot.  reds mostly in the cooler months, whites when its warm.  prefer wines with high tanin counts.   cain five is my favorite but it's $$ and saved for special occasies.  there's some really good meritages that i enjoy and it's one of them.

scotch:  meh, i'm kinda over it.  might drink it once a year now-  balvenie double wood, 10 year.

clams- if you're ever in wine country (oregon, not ca) let me know. bro in law manages the wine club for a really big organic winery in oregon. known for their pinots. was featured on top chef. he could hook you up d00dz.
rick daris- that's powerful information.  i have a freind who manages a winery/ranch in los olivos, ca.  the area is pretty known for its pinots too.  he hooked me up bigtime last summer.  going to visit him again in march, cannot wait.

do remember the top chef pinot episode, last season's finale iirc

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 02:38:25 PM »

yeah. rich and/or randy there pretty much evertime i go there. randy hung out w/ us once over the summer and covered our tab for the whole night. good times.

rick daris- thanks for the rich update.  old friend of mine who i haven't talked to in years.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 02:43:27 PM »
Beer:

Rum:

Tequila:

Misc:

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 02:45:05 PM »
Question is there anything better on a hott summer day then a RAB Summer Beer?

trick question, no, no there isn't.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 02:57:32 PM »

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 03:03:37 PM »
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat - Not much of a fruit flavor, very subtle and very good.  Also very easy to find.

Melbourne Bro's Strawberry Ale (hard time finding it and it is $5/bottle) - best fruit beer I have found

Pyramid Apricot Ale: Have to go to a Red X or Lucas type store to find.  Not a strong fruit flavor, very good. 

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 03:08:53 PM »
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat - Not much of a fruit flavor, very subtle and very good.  Also very easy to find.

Melbourne Bro's Strawberry Ale (hard time finding it and it is $5/bottle) - best fruit beer I have found

Pyramid Apricot Ale: Have to go to a Red X or Lucas type store to find.  Not a strong fruit flavor, very good. 

fruit beers?

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 03:11:52 PM »

eff you and your elite beer.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 03:13:12 PM »

eff you and your elite beer.

Honestly, drink this 90% of the time.  Love popular music too.  Not ashamed. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 03:14:38 PM »
I really like Bell's Two Hearted.  But I'm cheap, so I usually drink Busch Heavy.

Also, love cheap whiskey and water.  Kentucky Deluxe is my brand of choice.