Author Topic: 2012 Recruiting Thread  (Read 623401 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #3450 on: April 17, 2012, 02:41:38 PM »
If oscar snags up Gray, I'll be pretty impressed with what he's done with minimal time/minimal staff. To keep the team together and to grab two spring recruits at this stage of the game, would be majorly impressive.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:44:03 PM by fanningksu »

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: April 17, 2012, 03:26:21 PM »
I think we still have a really good shot with gray. TTU just got trency jackson, so that is 3 guys who can play the one in this class alone. Granted, all 3 are JC, but still...

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #3452 on: April 17, 2012, 03:34:11 PM »
I'm just going to presume that Gray will keep his visit next week, and we're planning on running someone to make room.

In fact, I think it's safe to assume someone's going to get run anyway because I imagine that if we can't get Gray to commit next week, Orris will probably be on board shortly thereafter.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: April 17, 2012, 03:38:48 PM »
So, we've basically got 2 ships available for 3 guys (Darrell Johnson, Gray, and Orris)? 

We're taking both Gray and Orris if they both commit

With Johnson, Diaz, Gipson, JO (and Nino I guess), isn't James Watson the most logical to cut? 

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: April 17, 2012, 03:40:08 PM »
So, we've basically got 2 ships available for 3 guys (Darrell Johnson, Gray, and Orris)? 

With Johnson, Diaz, Gipson, JO (and Nino I guess), isn't James Watson the most logical to cut?

we've got 1 scholly for Johnson.  Anyone else and someone's getting run.  and the fact that we are apparently aggresively pursuing a PG means someone's getting run. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: April 17, 2012, 03:41:12 PM »
I'm betting Shane gets run, what with him tweeting about getting cheated and all.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: April 17, 2012, 03:43:06 PM »

Here's a question...

Wasn't Watson a RS at Washington State?  So, theoretcially, he's been in college four years, right?

Could it be that he may only have a handful of credits left to get his degree and maybe we're going to make him pay his way (thereby freeing up a scholarship)?

If Watson has been in school four years, and he's close to graduating (hopefully), it may be a waste to put him on athletic scholarship for a full semester.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: April 17, 2012, 03:46:23 PM »
I'm betting Shane gets run, what with him tweeting about getting cheated and all.

IceCreamMan has talked very positively about Shane several times.  Has pointed Shane out individually above most others as the one guy who ICM thinks is the BBIQ'iest on the team and has also said he will probably surprise people the most over this off season.

I doubt he means that Shane is smart enough to know that he needs to go elsewhere or that a bunch of us will be surprised when he isn't on the team anymore.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: April 17, 2012, 03:47:31 PM »

IceCreamMan has talked very positively about Shane several times.  Has pointed Shane out individually above most others as the one guy who ICM thinks is the BBIQ'iest on the team and has also said he will probably surprise people the most over this off season.

I doubt he means that Shane is smart enough to know that he needs to go elsewhere or that a bunch of us will be surprised when he isn't on the team anymore.

Dude, lock it up.  Seriously.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: April 17, 2012, 03:48:39 PM »
wut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: April 17, 2012, 03:51:22 PM »

Here's a question...

Wasn't Watson a RS at Washington State?  So, theoretcially, he's been in college four years, right?

Could it be that he may only have a handful of credits left to get his degree and maybe we're going to make him pay his way (thereby freeing up a scholarship)?

If Watson has been in school four years, and he's close to graduating (hopefully), it may be a waste to put him on athletic scholarship for a full semester.

It might work out that way. It's hard telling how well all of his credits transfer, though. It would definitely be the ideal scenario.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: April 17, 2012, 04:01:18 PM »

we've got 1 scholly for Johnson.  Anyone else and someone's getting run.  and the fact that we are apparently aggresively pursuing a PG means someone's getting run.

So Chatkevicius is still part of the plan?  Thought that dude was gone. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: April 17, 2012, 04:16:41 PM »

So Chatkevicius is still part of the plan?  Thought that dude was gone.

No, he's gone. Nobody left the team. We only lost one scholarship player (Jamar) to graduation. Ojeleye was a walk-on.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: April 17, 2012, 04:18:12 PM »

No, he's gone. Nobody left the team. We only lost one scholarship player (Jamar) to graduation. Ojeleye was a walk-on.

So who was getting Franked?  Upshaw and Moose both had schollys. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: April 17, 2012, 04:20:30 PM »

So who was getting Franked?  Upshaw and Moose both had schollys.

If you believe the rumors, 3-4 players were going to Frank themselves.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3465 on: April 17, 2012, 04:22:46 PM »
Watson and Omari are ripe for Franking. 

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: April 17, 2012, 04:27:35 PM »
i believe i said everything best when i said:

i would be completely content with a recruiting class of josh gray, michael orris and darrell johnson while showing watson and omari the door. especially if orris is the sacrifice we need to make at the altar of jerrance howard.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: April 17, 2012, 04:40:43 PM »
Ya, I'm going to absolutely fall in love with his hair.  :love: Also, he jetted down the court pretty well for his size. Oh and get this, he was dribbling too.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: April 17, 2012, 04:41:02 PM »
http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/dunk-city-darrell-johnson-with-the-flush-for-parkway-north-about-marquette-v-parkway-north-on-fox-sports-midwest-prep-zone

uh-oh, uh-oh, UH-OH!!!

Looks like Jae Crowder, I think it's pretty clear his game isn't anywhere close to Crowder's at this point but  :crossfingers: and all that stuff.

Offline beefpac

• The Mexecutioner
  • Fan
  • The future is coming!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: April 17, 2012, 04:42:55 PM »

Wont be Shane.  BW said that he was excited about him and his offense on his 610 interview today.
"Ever heard of that one, Stan?"

Offline Jackie Moon

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: April 17, 2012, 04:48:14 PM »
http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/battle-of-the-big-men-darrell-johnson-and-ryan-rosburg-goin-about-marquette-v-parkway-north-on-fox-sports-midwest-prep-zone

Nice block in this one, but then gets scored on. Will need to go to Luis Colon's school of taking charges.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: April 17, 2012, 04:54:07 PM »
The Colon School headmaster just jumped ship. 

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk