Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003441 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3000 on: October 08, 2012, 11:28:36 AM »
I have a conspiracy theory that AA is intentionally sucking ass to nudge the judicial process along to allow the AA/USA merger

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: October 08, 2012, 11:35:50 AM »
I have a conspiracy theory that AA is intentionally sucking ass to nudge the judicial process along to allow the AA/USA merger

Take it to the conspiracy theory thread
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: October 08, 2012, 11:38:02 AM »

Take it to the conspiracy theory thread

nope

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: October 08, 2012, 01:43:54 PM »
SW 50k for the personal and business card is back, but now with a $2000 spend in 3 months. It's still a great deal and just in time to get the companion pass in early 2013 so you get to use it for most of 2013 and 2014
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: October 08, 2012, 01:50:41 PM »
SW 50k for the personal and business card is back, but now with a $2000 spend in 3 months. It's still a great deal and just in time to get the companion pass in early 2013 so you get to use it for most of 2013 and 2014

Yeah, gonna have mrs. dave get the personal and biz at the beginning of 2013 and do this. Have to hit $10k in spend on 2 Delta cards between now and then as well as $750 in each of Oct/Nov/Dec on US Air to get a 12.5k bonus and $1k on United card this month to get 5k bonus.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: October 08, 2012, 02:06:13 PM »

Yeah, gonna have mrs. dave get the personal and biz at the beginning of 2013 and do this. Have to hit $10k in spend on 2 Delta cards between now and then as well as $750 in each of Oct/Nov/Dec on US Air to get a 12.5k bonus and $1k on United card this month to get 5k bonus.

So if I was gonna do this, I should wait until 2013 to apply so the companion pass is valid for most of that year, right?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: October 08, 2012, 02:08:21 PM »
Yeah, you will wait until 2013 or towards the end of 2012, you just want the points to credit in 2013. you will need to get both cards, hit the spend, get the bonuses and then earn a few more miles and you will have a companion pass for the remainder of 2013 and all of 2014. 

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: October 08, 2012, 09:35:12 PM »
How much time has to pass between cancelling my old SW credit card and getting approved for a new one?

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: October 08, 2012, 10:28:36 PM »
How much time has to pass between cancelling my old SW credit card and getting approved for a new one?

It's a chase card so it isn't churnable, sorry.
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: October 09, 2012, 07:11:13 AM »

3+ years

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: October 09, 2012, 02:01:29 PM »
this is a newb question but why the hell cant I pay my chase cards off online with another cc? Was going to pay them off with the barclays chiefs card thing if I call will they let me pay that way

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: October 09, 2012, 02:03:28 PM »
this is a newb question but why the hell cant I pay my chase cards off online with another cc? Was going to pay them off with the barclays chiefs card thing if I call will they let me pay that way

because then I would have over a billion trillion miles/points and they won't allow that to happen. you could set up an infinite loop of payment and take down the entire system.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: October 09, 2012, 02:05:04 PM »

because then I would have over a billion trillion miles/points and they won't allow that to happen. you could set up an infinite loop of payment and take down the entire system.
yeah I figured debt surfing was a common practice though? did they regulate this at some point then I take it

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: October 09, 2012, 02:27:25 PM »

yeah I figured debt surfing was a common practice though? did they regulate this at some point then I take it

you can always transfer your balance...usually for a 3% fee or something...but you can never "pay" one credit card bill with another.  can't imagine you ever could.  transferring balances doesn't earn you points though (see sd's post re: infinite loop).
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: October 09, 2012, 03:12:37 PM »
remind me what the timetable is for churning the citi aa business.  I applied for it on 3/22 and canceled it on 8/24.  am I good to apply again?  :pray:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3015 on: October 09, 2012, 03:14:16 PM »
remind me what the timetable is for churning the citi aa business.  I applied for it on 3/22 and canceled it on 8/24.  am I good to apply again?  :pray:

yes, I think so.  iirc the biz is 4 months or something around there.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: October 09, 2012, 03:21:00 PM »

yes, I think so.  iirc the biz is 4 months or something around there.

:dance:

what an incredible hobby this is  :D

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: October 10, 2012, 05:02:22 PM »
Last applied about a year and a half ago and got two BA 100k cards.

my god, the world is your oyster friend.  How much can you spend on the card per month?

$1,500 - $3,000 each for two cards.

You and the wife EACH sign up for BOTH of these cards at the same time:

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/Apply.do?promocode=away7&ProspectID=81DDA16581FE4BF7A8024EEFC0ECFB3F&app=UNSOL&sc=4XK4IE31&m=XUSMZB2WENW&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=S&screenID=3001

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/Apply.do?promocode=away7&ProspectID=81DDA16581FE4BF7A8024EEFC0ECFB3F&app=UNSOL&sc=BXD4IE61&m=XUSMZB2WENW&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=X&screenID=3033

You will have to spend $3k on each card in the first 4 months.  You will then be sitting on 212K AA miles (enough for 2 RT business class tickets to Europe or 5 RT coach tickets). 

I would also have each of you sign up for the US Air Mastercard (http://www.mostmiles.com/Chairmans) and the Chase United Explorer (http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/01/05/chase-united-60000-2/)  because they both only require one purchase and you would then have another 80k US Air miles and 100k United miles combined. 

Make sure you apply for all of them in the same day.

Once all of this is done check back and we will start building your hotel miles.  Godspeed.

Steve Dave, even though we aren't friends (no "happy birthday, friend" message on my birthday), could you guide me on what credit cards to get next?  I'm done with these four.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #3018 on: October 10, 2012, 05:08:03 PM »
Yes, when I'm on a computer instead of phone I will make your next list (unless rd beats me to it). Where will you be wanting to travel btw?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: October 10, 2012, 05:08:17 PM »
Also happy birthday friend

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: October 10, 2012, 05:10:31 PM »
Yes, when I'm on a computer instead of phone I will make your next list (unless rd beats me to it). Where will you be wanting to travel btw?

Seattle, LA, DC.  We usually fly Delta to DC, which is why I wanted the 70k deal, but slept on it too long. 

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: October 10, 2012, 05:10:52 PM »
Also happy birthday friend

Oh, Thanks! 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: October 10, 2012, 06:08:29 PM »
JW, did you see the new link for the delta deal I posted? Good grief man.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: October 10, 2012, 09:13:54 PM »
JW, did you see the new link for the delta deal I posted? Good grief man.

I do now.  Sorry I missed that.  Every time I have gone to that page I couldn't see anything near the top of the page besides the 48 pt GAY LORD.  Thanks! 

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: October 10, 2012, 09:14:23 PM »
Last applied about a year and a half ago and got two BA 100k cards.

my god, the world is your oyster friend.  How much can you spend on the card per month?

$1,500 - $3,000 each for two cards.

You and the wife EACH sign up for BOTH of these cards at the same time:

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/Apply.do?promocode=away7&ProspectID=81DDA16581FE4BF7A8024EEFC0ECFB3F&app=UNSOL&sc=4XK4IE31&m=XUSMZB2WENW&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=S&screenID=3001

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/Apply.do?promocode=away7&ProspectID=81DDA16581FE4BF7A8024EEFC0ECFB3F&app=UNSOL&sc=BXD4IE61&m=XUSMZB2WENW&langId=EN&siteId=CB&B=X&screenID=3033

You will have to spend $3k on each card in the first 4 months.  You will then be sitting on 212K AA miles (enough for 2 RT business class tickets to Europe or 5 RT coach tickets). 

I would also have each of you sign up for the US Air Mastercard (http://www.mostmiles.com/Chairmans) and the Chase United Explorer (http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/01/05/chase-united-60000-2/)  because they both only require one purchase and you would then have another 80k US Air miles and 100k United miles combined. 

Make sure you apply for all of them in the same day.

Once all of this is done check back and we will start building your hotel miles.  Godspeed.

is that US Air MC really only valid for Chairman's Preferred status only?