Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1005285 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2900 on: September 21, 2012, 05:56:01 PM »
Each PC hotel has to have 5% of their total rooms open to PC rewards availability.  There is really no reason not to go higher though, unless you are going to sell out.  Even then, the incentive is small.

The guarantee for a room is 72 hours in advance and points can't necessarily be used.  They have X amount of special event days they can use per year as well.  Some hotels can be dicks and jack up their rates if someone tries the 72 hour guarantee.  If you wanted to use points/guarantee, I would book the room normally then call the hotel and try to get them to ok using points.  If they know what they are doing, they won't, but most HIs are run by dumbasses

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: September 21, 2012, 05:59:54 PM »
I've found that, for the most part, PC award availability to be good

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: September 21, 2012, 06:08:00 PM »
Each PC hotel has to have 5% of their total rooms open to PC rewards availability.  There is really no reason not to go higher though, unless you are going to sell out.  Even then, the incentive is small.

The guarantee for a room is 72 hours in advance and points can't necessarily be used.  They have X amount of special event days they can use per year as well.  Some hotels can be dicks and jack up their rates if someone tries the 72 hour guarantee.  If you wanted to use points/guarantee, I would book the room normally then call the hotel and try to get them to ok using points.  If they know what they are doing, they won't, but most HIs are run by dumbasses

:thumbs:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: September 21, 2012, 06:21:08 PM »
I've found that, for the most part, PC award availability to be good

HI's get reimbursed an amount that should cover the cost of cleaning/stocking the room.  If they are close to booked, they get reimbursed average rate for the night.  Little reason to limit availability until you're absolutely certain you can sell out and for a good rate.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: September 21, 2012, 06:25:15 PM »
Chase Sapphire Preferred or SPG Amex

I could prob look a little harder, but will get a better answer here. What is dif between preferred and non. I get 2x dining and maybe other stuff on the non. Doesn't really matter to me since I got 100k for the non.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: September 21, 2012, 09:38:59 PM »

I could prob look a little harder, but will get a better answer here. What is dif between preferred and non. I get 2x dining and maybe other stuff on the non. Doesn't really matter to me since I got 100k for the non.

I don't know. I wasn't even aware there was another one. prolly the same from the sounds of it? you still get ultimate reward points right?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: September 21, 2012, 09:50:45 PM »

I don't know. I wasn't even aware there was another one. prolly the same from the sounds of it? you still get ultimate reward points right?

Yep, I got 100k to sign up. No annual fee.  :gocho:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: September 21, 2012, 09:52:58 PM »
yeah, me too

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: September 21, 2012, 10:34:56 PM »
Just realized my top guest account got suspended  :frown:

Wish I'd hit it harder when it was working

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: September 21, 2012, 10:44:53 PM »
Just realized my top guest account got suspended  :frown:

Wish I'd hit it harder when it was working

meh, no big loss

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2910 on: September 22, 2012, 11:20:58 AM »

Yep, I got 100k to sign up. No annual fee.  :gocho:
The non preferred you can't transfer points directly to all the hotel and airline programs, but if you have a preferred you can transfer points to it and then to a hotel or airline program
I'm purple down

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: September 22, 2012, 11:30:34 AM »
yo steve dave want to send me your template(but obviously w/o all of your info on it) tia boss

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2913 on: September 22, 2012, 11:38:51 AM »
What do you mean?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: September 22, 2012, 11:50:06 AM »
do you mean what cards I have? picture a spreadsheet with the name of the card, when I got it, the minimum spend, and annual fee, and when I plan to cancel it (or KEEP) in the five columns :dunno:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: September 22, 2012, 12:41:09 PM »
do you mean what cards I have? picture a spreadsheet with the name of the card, when I got it, the minimum spend, and annual fee, and when I plan to cancel it (or KEEP) in the five columns :dunno:
yeah thats kinda what I figured. thanks

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: September 27, 2012, 09:31:12 AM »
What should I apply for that will allow me to fly to the bowl game for free this January? Do not care about anything else on the card, prefer pretty low spend.  $1K / month is about the top I could spend on it.  TIA.
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: September 27, 2012, 09:39:23 AM »
What should I apply for that will allow me to fly to the bowl game for free this January? Do not care about anything else on the card, prefer pretty low spend.  $1K / month is about the top I could spend on it.  TIA.

southwest. though it only has 25k bonus sign up right now and would be stupid to get it. you could probably get one RT out of it.  I'd roll the dice and get one of the 50k AA cards though (if you can make the spend ASAP)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: September 27, 2012, 09:50:52 AM »
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/mommypoints/2012/09/27/hyatt-regency-wichita-family-visits-and-high-school-reunions/

:sdeek:

that darn little c is quite the scammer what with getting her grandparents to get her concession food and all. what a sweetheart.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: September 27, 2012, 09:51:49 AM »
little C inherited the worst parts of each of her parent's faces

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: September 27, 2012, 09:53:46 AM »

southwest. though it only has 25k bonus sign up right now and would be stupid to get it. you could probably get one RT out of it.  I'd roll the dice and get one of the 50k AA cards though (if you can make the spend ASAP)

Already have a Citi AA card... not enough points for a trip and that probably won't change in the meantime.  Any chance SW does another 50k offer in time?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: September 27, 2012, 09:56:02 AM »

Already have a Citi AA card... not enough points for a trip and that probably won't change in the meantime.  Any chance SW does another 50k offer in time?

very slim because you are looking at a minimum of 30 days after applying to get the points.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2923 on: September 27, 2012, 10:03:13 AM »
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/mommypoints/2012/09/27/hyatt-regency-wichita-family-visits-and-high-school-reunions/

:sdeek:

Any old people here graduate from Newton high around 1992? Also I've stayed at that hotel for a wedding, can confirm its nice.
I'm purple down

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: September 27, 2012, 10:09:03 AM »

very slim because you are looking at a minimum of 30 days after applying to get the points.

:thumbs: looks like I'll be flying out of KC