Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003613 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2450 on: July 17, 2012, 07:55:38 AM »
Damn, that sucks

Yep.  I'm just now getting my 35K cc bonus too.

I have, like, 60k frontier miles.  they fly a lot of routes out of omaha and are consistently the cheapest to fly west but the miles are difficult to use.  they black out some days of the week on some routes which pisses me off.  I like flying them though.  most of their birds have personal tvs and they serve fat tire. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: July 17, 2012, 07:56:38 AM »
yeah, I'm going to send mrs. dave a referral for the new 30k one when it comes out, then cancel mine, then have her send me a referral for another 30k one.  70k SPG, sure, why not. 

It's probably another month or 2 out, right?  I know I didn't cancel mine last year until at least August, because  I didn't want to be in that purgatory period w/o card while using it and points in Florida, but it wasn't long after I cancelled that I got my new one and another 30K.

I don't remember when it was last year.  also, I wouldn't bank on getting the bonus again.  great if you do and little downside to trying but generally you have to wait 3 years with Amex cards to get it again.  the last time you did was kind of an outlier from reports I've seen.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: July 17, 2012, 07:59:51 AM »
yeah, I'm going to send mrs. dave a referral for the new 30k one when it comes out, then cancel mine, then have her send me a referral for another 30k one.  70k SPG, sure, why not. 

It's probably another month or 2 out, right?  I know I didn't cancel mine last year until at least August, because  I didn't want to be in that purgatory period w/o card while using it and points in Florida, but it wasn't long after I cancelled that I got my new one and another 30K.

I don't remember when it was last year.  also, I wouldn't bank on getting the bonus again.  great if you do and little downside to trying but generally you have to wait 3 years with Amex cards to get it again. 

Of course, it's just an extra lottery ticket that comes with again not paying my annual fee.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: July 17, 2012, 08:00:11 AM »
great way to look at it

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: July 17, 2012, 08:01:48 AM »
I have, like, 60k frontier miles.  they fly a lot of routes out of omaha and are consistently the cheapest to fly west but the miles are difficult to use.  they black out some days of the week on some routes which pisses me off.  I like flying them though.  most of their birds have personal tvs and they serve fat tire. 

When the flights are on time, I like them for all those reasons, and for being able to buy their "classic plus" tickets for not much more and cancelling/changing whenever I want.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: July 17, 2012, 08:18:05 AM »
I got to get my home loan crap done so I can hop back on the CC train.  Help me out with this:  It is 18 months to reapply for the AA card.  Is that from initial application or from when card is canceled?  Theoretically, could I cancel and reapply in a month if its been 18 months since initial application?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: July 17, 2012, 08:18:48 AM »
I got to get my home loan crap done so I can hop back on the CC train.  Help me out with this:  It is 18 months to reapply for the AA card.  Is that from initial application or from when card is canceled?  Theoretically, could I cancel and reapply in a month if its been 18 months since initial application?

yes, 18 and since application

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: July 17, 2012, 09:52:04 AM »
also, the 50k SW cards are back if anyone is interested.  rumblings that a new Ink Bold credit card will be announced and that the SPG will go to 30k again for a short time like it does every summer so hold off on getting the SPG until it does if you were going to jump on it.

is there a spend requirement for the 30k bonus on the SPG card?
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: July 17, 2012, 09:52:38 AM »
also, the 50k SW cards are back if anyone is interested.  rumblings that a new Ink Bold credit card will be announced and that the SPG will go to 30k again for a short time like it does every summer so hold off on getting the SPG until it does if you were going to jump on it.

yes, there will be.  not sure what it will be though.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: July 17, 2012, 09:54:15 AM »

been considering switching to it for my primary card... will pm you for that referral thing if I do
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2460 on: July 17, 2012, 09:58:32 AM »

been considering switching to it for my primary card... will pm you for that referral thing if I do

k, wait until the 30k offer though.  even if it has a higher spend you can always fall back on the 25k regular offer at that time if needed. 

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: July 17, 2012, 10:03:20 AM »

k, wait until the 30k offer though.  even if it has a higher spend you can always fall back on the 25k regular offer at that time if needed.

that's my plan
emaw

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: July 17, 2012, 10:35:20 AM »
Question:

Say you and all the other elites took advantage of all this crap and are awash in avios points and are buying their less elite bros free flights to KATPAK national conventions and stuff, and another elite secured diamond suites in the nicest hotel right in the center of a 10.0 pocket planes airport city. 

The guy has to accept the free flight and cheap hotel room and go on the trip, right?  I mean, how can he not?

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: July 17, 2012, 10:38:51 AM »
10.0 pocket planes airport city

enjoyed this
emaw

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: July 17, 2012, 10:47:12 AM »
for anyone who was interested in the current 50k+25k+25k Avios offer, it expires at 5pm today.

I signed up for the 50K+50k offer though.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: July 17, 2012, 05:48:08 PM »
guyz, it totally makes my day when I see the credit card thread filled with new posts

:D
I'm purple down

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: July 17, 2012, 08:16:06 PM »
I think the Hyatt sd stayed at in Chicago is 2 blocks from where I live.

Weird.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2467 on: July 17, 2012, 08:30:01 PM »
I stayed at The Wit in Chicago

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: July 17, 2012, 09:22:27 PM »
Is there an easy way to tell which bureau cards pull from if you're approved?  I just did another round of apps and everything got approved, but I'd like to know where they pulled my credit from.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: July 17, 2012, 10:09:51 PM »
Is there an easy way to tell which bureau cards pull from if you're approved?  I just did another round of apps and everything got approved, but I'd like to know where they pulled my credit from.

I just got a bank of america card and they pull from Experian, I don't know about any other banks
I'm purple down

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: July 17, 2012, 11:32:45 PM »
I stayed at The Wit in Chicago

The Wit is even closer  :runaway:

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: July 17, 2012, 11:33:44 PM »
Speaking of, did you eat at 'The Wave' (the restaurant in the hotel) if so, please give a detailed review.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #2472 on: July 18, 2012, 06:10:07 AM »
There isn't a The Wave there. Ate at State and Lake and theROOF which are the only two venues. Both really good.  TheROOF is super popular and the line to get up there was out the hotel door and down the block both nights.

Do you even live in Chicago?  :dubious:  JK, you are invited to meet up with the goEMAW ownership and hangers on the last weekend of August to show us the hip sites if interested.  :thumbs:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: July 18, 2012, 07:12:48 AM »
Need a recommendo for a good card to use overseas with no foreign fees.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: July 18, 2012, 07:38:46 AM »
Need a recommendo for a good card to use overseas with no foreign fees.

do you need a "chip" card?  If not, the Chase Sapphire is by far the best.  No foreign fees.  double points on travel and restaurants.  If you need a "chip" card then the Hyatt or British Air from Chase are your best options with no fees.