Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1002470 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1800 on: February 03, 2012, 11:36:46 PM »
haha, travel blog guy blogs about travel related dreams

link

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: February 04, 2012, 01:38:11 PM »
I finally started kind of half-ass doing this a couple months ago. But I feel like the dude from the pickup bball thread who wants to practice on an open court before he dives in to an ongoing game and everyone starts rolling their eyes.

stay away from the hotel cards, they will pervert you with their twisted siren songs.

Can you expand on this?  Would like to find the best hotel membership/bonus card to go along with the airline cards I'm going to apply for so I can vaca for free.  tia.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: February 04, 2012, 05:47:15 PM »
I finally started kind of half-ass doing this a couple months ago. But I feel like the dude from the pickup bball thread who wants to practice on an open court before he dives in to an ongoing game and everyone starts rolling their eyes.

stay away from the hotel cards, they will pervert you with their twisted siren songs.

Can you expand on this?  Would like to find the best hotel membership/bonus card to go along with the airline cards I'm going to apply for so I can vaca for free.  tia.

not really the cards themselves, more the hotel loyalty programs in general.  they are addictive and lead you to limit your hotel options due to overvalueing the points.  i'm fighting this right now.

if you are paying with company metal, obviously this doesn't matter.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: February 04, 2012, 06:11:47 PM »
if you are paying with company metal, obviously this doesn't matter.

:sdeek:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: February 05, 2012, 09:56:47 PM »
Chipotle Cashier: That will be $8.13 sir

Me: Hand over my chase sapphire preferred card

Chipotle Cashier : Dang this is heavy, I could work out with this thing

Me:  :gocho:   :kstategrad:
I'm purple down

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: February 05, 2012, 10:02:29 PM »
Chipotle Cashier: That will be $8.13 sir

Me: Hand over my chase sapphire preferred card

Chipotle Cashier : Dang this is heavy, I could work out with this thing

Me:  :gocho:   :kstategrad:

The waitress at R-A-B said something yesterday about mine that produced a bunch of hur-hur-hur responses from the pak, can't quite remember it though.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: February 06, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »
ba also lets people in the same househould combine points so i'm guessing you could sign five different emails/"people" from the same address up and get 15k avios. roundtrip from mhk to ord or dfw is only 9k.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1808 on: February 06, 2012, 08:29:44 PM »
ba also lets people in the same househould combine points so i'm guessing you could sign five different emails/"people" from the same address up and get 15k avios. roundtrip from mhk to ord or dfw is only 9k.

I'm not above getting my 2 kids (and maybe my dog) executive accounts, but will I need a different CC for each person/dog for this to go through?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: February 07, 2012, 07:23:40 AM »

I'm not above getting my 2 kids (and maybe my dog) executive accounts, but will I need a different CC for each person/dog for this to go through?

you don't have to have the carrier's credit card to use the carrier's mileage plan. 

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: February 07, 2012, 08:11:22 AM »

you don't have to have the carrier's credit card to use the carrier's mileage plan.  

I know. My question was worded really horribly.  Sorry.  I was actually asking whether RealtyTrac wouild require a different CC number for each sign-up account.  After researching it more, the better question would've been: Is it worth signing all my family members up under a household account?  I can't really believe they're going to credit one BA Executive number with 3,000 points 6 times for a total of 18,000 points.  I realize that all family members technically have separate accounts, but they all use the same Avios number, no?  There's just no way they'll credit a single account number more than once.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: February 07, 2012, 10:33:14 AM »

I know. My question was worded really horribly.  Sorry.  I was actually asking whether RealtyTrac wouild require a different CC number for each sign-up account.  After researching it more, the better question would've been: Is it worth signing all my family members up under a household account?  I can't really believe they're going to credit one BA Executive number with 3,000 points 6 times for a total of 18,000 points.  I realize that all family members technically have separate accounts, but they all use the same Avios number, no?  There's just no way they'll credit a single account number more than once.

no.  mrs. dave and I have our own accounts and each got the BA 100k card.  we joined them in a family account so I can use her miles and vice versa if need be.  The downside is I can no longer book flights for anyone that isn't in my family account. 

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: February 07, 2012, 11:32:46 AM »

no.  mrs. dave and I have our own accounts and each got the BA 100k card.  we joined them in a family account so I can use her miles and vice versa if need be.  The downside is I can no longer book flights for anyone that isn't in my family account. 

That much I had figured out, but with the age restrictions on kids' accounts, they aren't allowed to have their own account.  They have to be part of a household account, which I'm assuming would just use my same account number.  So my wife could get her own account and number and I could merge that into one household account, but my kids would have to go under my household account with the same number.  Is that right?

BTW, is the 100k BA card still available?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: February 07, 2012, 11:57:06 AM »

That much I had figured out, but with the age restrictions on kids' accounts, they aren't allowed to have their own account.  They have to be part of a household account, which I'm assuming would just use my same account number.  So my wife could get her own account and number and I could merge that into one household account, but my kids would have to go under my household account with the same number.  Is that right?

BTW, is the 100k BA card still available?

my assumption rams (and i haven't done it yet so i don't know if it's possible) is that you could make up fake BA accounts of "people" over the age of 18 that all "live at your address" and then just merge their 3k into your account once the miles post. these "people" will need to have different email addresses. also, fwiw i'm about ready to ban you from the credit cards thread for mucking it up and things of that nature.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: February 07, 2012, 12:32:48 PM »
also, fwiw i'm about ready to ban you from the credit cards thread for mucking it up and things of that nature.

I know. I'm sorry. I'm pretty ashamed/angry at myself too.  I'll stop.  :embarrassed:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: February 07, 2012, 01:32:09 PM »
Quote from:  response Rams would have gotten on FT after his very first post
Are you some kind of complete Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) with crap for brains and no reading comprehension?  I mean, I have nothing better to do than to help out dumbfucks who REFUSE TO READING THE rough ridin' FAQ BEFORE COMMENTING IN THE rough ridin' THREAD.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: February 07, 2012, 01:32:35 PM »
we are here to help at goEMAW though Rams.  keep the questions coming.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: February 07, 2012, 01:40:39 PM »

Thanks, friend.  :D

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: February 07, 2012, 01:41:14 PM »
Wow, thought i was on FT for a second. :ohno:

Offline ChodoCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: February 08, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »

Well, since you asked for more questions. I need some advice. I currently have the Sapphire card under my name and put all living expenses on this card. I signed up Mrs. Chodo this fall for the AA citi amex card, to get the 50k AA bonus and for her to use only on Costco purchases (since costco only allows amex). I tried the double browser thing to apply for the AA Amex and AA Visa to get 100k total AA for Mrs. Chodo, but it didn't work for me for some reason. The AA citi visa was denied.

We are going to book at trip to Cabo soon and will put the all-inclusive resort cost on a CC. I want to maximize my opportunity here b/c I'd like that big Cabo spend to go towards a spending requirement (either for the Sapphire or for the AA citi visa). The way I see it, I have 3 options:
 1) Sign up for a Sapphire card for Mrs. Chodo to get the 50k bonus and earn points on that cabo trip while eating approx 50% of the spending requirement. Then we would each have 50k UR points, just under different accounts.
 2) Sign myself up for the AA citi Visa to get the 50k bonus and eat approx 50% of the spending requirement. I can't sign up Mrs. Chodo b/c I have to wait 18 months from when I sign up. So again, we will each have 50k points, just under different accounts.
3) Just pay for the Cabo trip on my current Sapphire card to earn the 2X points.

Seems like option #1 is probably the best since I can get an extra 50k points while also getting 2X the points on travel costs while also eating away at spending requirement with one large purchase.

Thoughts? Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something with this. Fairly LCCCIQ here, but can we combine accounts either at Sapphire or AA since we are in the same household and each will potentiallly have an account? Please be easy on me.  :ohno:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: February 08, 2012, 03:28:17 PM »
If looking for a AA card for domestic or NA travel, first look instead at available BA cards.   The Avios has a much higher value than AA miles, for example a short hop from MCI(or MHK) to ORD or DFW is 30k AA miles but only 9k Avios.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/credit-cards/public/en_us

BTW my free 3k Avios are already pending from my free RealtyTrac promo above.   :crossfingers:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:31:39 PM by Mikeyis4dcats »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: February 08, 2012, 03:48:37 PM »

Well, since you asked for more questions. I need some advice. I currently have the Sapphire card under my name and put all living expenses on this card. I signed up Mrs. Chodo this fall for the AA citi amex card, to get the 50k AA bonus and for her to use only on Costco purchases (since costco only allows amex). I tried the double browser thing to apply for the AA Amex and AA Visa to get 100k total AA for Mrs. Chodo, but it didn't work for me for some reason. The AA citi visa was denied.

We are going to book at trip to Cabo soon and will put the all-inclusive resort cost on a CC. I want to maximize my opportunity here b/c I'd like that big Cabo spend to go towards a spending requirement (either for the Sapphire or for the AA citi visa). The way I see it, I have 3 options:
 1) Sign up for a Sapphire card for Mrs. Chodo to get the 50k bonus and earn points on that cabo trip while eating approx 50% of the spending requirement. Then we would each have 50k UR points, just under different accounts.
 2) Sign myself up for the AA citi Visa to get the 50k bonus and eat approx 50% of the spending requirement. I can't sign up Mrs. Chodo b/c I have to wait 18 months from when I sign up. So again, we will each have 50k points, just under different accounts.
3) Just pay for the Cabo trip on my current Sapphire card to earn the 2X points.

Seems like option #1 is probably the best since I can get an extra 50k points while also getting 2X the points on travel costs while also eating away at spending requirement with one large purchase.

Thoughts? Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something with this. Fairly LCCCIQ here, but can we combine accounts either at Sapphire or AA since we are in the same household and each will potentiallly have an account? Please be easy on me.  :ohno:

i would do the sapphire and yes you can combine accounts. while you are signing up for one that requires a minimum spend i'd probably go ahead and sign up for another card on the same day that doesn't require a minimum spend like the usairways cards. they aren't chase which the sapphire is, so you won't have to call chase and explain why you want two chase cards. you'll just get the usairways card, use it once and get 40kusairways. usairways is a member of the star alliance so you can even use the miles to book something on united, etc.

Offline ChodoCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: February 08, 2012, 04:44:53 PM »

i would do the sapphire and yes you can combine accounts. while you are signing up for one that requires a minimum spend i'd probably go ahead and sign up for another card on the same day that doesn't require a minimum spend like the usairways cards. they aren't chase which the sapphire is, so you won't have to call chase and explain why you want two chase cards. you'll just get the usairways card, use it once and get 40kusairways. usairways is a member of the star alliance so you can even use the miles to book something on united, etc.
[/quote]

That is amazing advice. I just did both as suggested. Had no idea you could transfer Sapphire (UR) points between UR accounts, that card is the bomb yo.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: February 08, 2012, 05:08:57 PM »
If looking for a AA card for domestic or NA travel, first look instead at available BA cards.   The Avios has a much higher value than AA miles, for example a short hop from MCI(or MHK) to ORD or DFW is 30k AA miles but only 9k Avios.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/credit-cards/public/en_us

BTW my free 3k Avios are already pending from my free RealtyTrac promo above.   :crossfingers:

BA are only better for me for DFW or ORD.  They are roughly the same to anywhere else and are significantly shittier for flying outside the US. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: February 08, 2012, 05:10:25 PM »
also, make sure you use the Sapphire (or another no foreign transaction fee card) or you will get charged roughly 3% more.