Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004864 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1725 on: January 21, 2012, 08:36:56 AM »

ha. that's great. pretty sure i've heard that 8 dollar flight story before but it's just so great. i fear for myself if i ever start mileage runs. almost certain it will never happen.

also, that guy is just living the life. did you watch his hip hop underground video?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:39:15 AM by rick daris »

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: January 21, 2012, 08:42:39 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 23, 2012, 12:04:51 PM »
FYI anyone who got in on last January's AA Citi card, they are willing to waive your $85 fee to keep the card...

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: January 23, 2012, 12:06:38 PM »
FYI anyone who got in on last January's AA Citi card, they are willing to waive your $85 fee to keep the card...

eff them, cancelling anyway. 

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: January 23, 2012, 12:25:58 PM »

eff them, cancelling anyway. 

Will you cancel my Delta Amex for me SD.  I am so  :ohno: 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: January 23, 2012, 12:28:26 PM »

ha. that's great. pretty sure i've heard that 8 dollar flight story before but it's just so great. i fear for myself if i ever start mileage runs. almost certain it will never happen.

also, that guy is just living the life. did you watch his hip hop underground video?

sheesh, that looks amazing.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: January 23, 2012, 12:30:54 PM »
i am now much more aware of what bank is what and all. i went borderline overboard on chase last year i think. it's all citi/barclays/boa/etc for the next six months at least.  :ump:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: January 23, 2012, 12:35:18 PM »

sheesh, that looks amazing.

i know. i mean here that guy is out there flying around the world with a pocket video camera for free and going to underground hip hop events and interviewing people and meanwhile i'm stuck behind a desk in the middle of kansas arguing w/ buhlcat69 about what linebacking group was better, '98 or '03. i mean it just makes you think, ya know?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: January 23, 2012, 12:40:29 PM »
buhlcat69 is biased

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: January 24, 2012, 08:27:18 AM »

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: January 24, 2012, 08:38:41 AM »
Noob question:

Is there any reason not to add the wife as an authorized user on my AAdvantage card to help get to the minimums?  After our refi I'll be doing the two-browser trick and getting her 2 cards, so I just want to make sure having her as an authorized user won't effect anything.  I don't have to give her social or anything other than her name so I'm assuming I'm good to go, but I figured I'd ask the pros.   :users:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: January 24, 2012, 08:40:14 AM »
Noob question:

Is there any reason not to add the wife as an authorized user on my AAdvantage card to help get to the minimums?  After our refi I'll be doing the two-browser trick and getting her 2 cards, so I just want to make sure having her as an authorized user won't effect anything.  I don't have to give her social or anything other than her name so I'm assuming I'm good to go, but I figured I'd ask the pros.   :users:

no, it won't effect anything.  if your dog spends money get him a card too. 

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: January 24, 2012, 08:41:20 AM »

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: January 27, 2012, 07:27:54 AM »
Kind of interesting.  I hope they are still running this promo to match for 60 days while you try to get 12 stays in a couple months.  Not that I'm going to stay 12 times in 60 days at a Hyatt but would love Diamond status while we are in Kauai.  Also, priced the Topeka Hyatt Place and you can get 12 nights for $1,068.  Kind of tempting and the hilarity of the conversation I would have with my wife about why I am spending over $1k on two weeks of hotel rooms in Topeka that I'm not staying at would be off the chart. 

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/frequentmiler/2012/01/27/hacking-hyatt/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FrequentMiler+%28The+Frequent+Miler%29

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: January 27, 2012, 07:41:49 AM »
Kind of interesting.  I hope they are still running this promo to match for 60 days while you try to get 12 stays in a couple months.  Not that I'm going to stay 12 times in 60 days at a Hyatt but would love Diamond status while we are in Kauai.  Also, priced the Topeka Hyatt Place and you can get 12 nights for $1,068.  Kind of tempting and the hilarity of the conversation I would have with my wife about why I am spending over $1k on two weeks of hotel rooms in Topeka that I'm not staying at would be off the chart. 

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/frequentmiler/2012/01/27/hacking-hyatt/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FrequentMiler+%28The+Frequent+Miler%29

I was going to be a few nights short(not 12 like your example) for Marriott mega bonus once and I called them and said I wanted to book 3 nights at a Fairfield in the most podunk cheap town in the US.  When I told them why, they said, "since you are an amazing platinum client, we will just give you a bunch of points so you don't have to do that".   :gocho:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: January 27, 2012, 07:50:27 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: January 27, 2012, 09:15:16 AM »

aren't you top tier with priority club or spg or something? can you just ask them for the trial offer a month before you go and then just not do any stays. the whole twelve night thing doesn't sound bad though because you'd have diamond status while you were there which would probably just be insane and you'd get 60k+ hyatt points. would love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation between you and mrs sd though. lots of eye rolling would be my prediction.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: January 27, 2012, 10:41:16 AM »

aren't you top tier with priority club or spg or something? can you just ask them for the trial offer a month before you go and then just not do any stays. the whole twelve night thing doesn't sound bad though because you'd have diamond status while you were there which would probably just be insane and you'd get 60k+ hyatt points. would love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation between you and mrs sd though. lots of eye rolling would be my prediction.

Yeah, that's my plan.  Call them less than 60 days before we hit the Grand Hyatt Kaui in May, email them proof that I'm PC platinum and get to be a Hyatt Diamond while there.   Free breakfast alone is worth about $60 a day because their buffett is damn expensive while also being irresistable. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: January 27, 2012, 11:26:05 AM »

Yeah, that's my plan.  Call them less than 60 days before we hit the Grand Hyatt Kaui in May, email them proof that I'm PC platinum and get to be a Hyatt Diamond while there.   Free breakfast alone is worth about $60 a day because their buffett is damn expensive while also being irresistable. 

what if you also get upgraded to some kind of magnum pi suite  :excited:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1746 on: February 01, 2012, 01:09:55 PM »
250 free spg points

http://slickdeals.net/f/3879132-250-FREE-SPG-Starwood-Preferred-Guest-points-by-01FEB2012

Got the email today and sent back my spg number. They said it will be 4 - 8 Weeks before the points are suppose to show up in your account :fingerscrossed:
I'm purple down

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: February 02, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »
7% Annual Points Dividend earned: 8,149 points

Your 7% annual points dividend has posted to your account and can be viewed on your January or February 2012 statements.

holy crap, just got this email, forgot about this thing on the Chase Sapphire card  :thumbs:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1748 on: February 02, 2012, 05:10:54 PM »
7% Annual Points Dividend earned: 8,149 points

Your 7% annual points dividend has posted to your account and can be viewed on your January or February 2012 statements.

holy crap, just got this email, forgot about this thing on the Chase Sapphire card  :thumbs:
Me too! it was a nice little Thursday surprise, 3499 for me :ksugrad: and holy crap pointsdave 116,414??? Nice
I'm purple down

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: February 02, 2012, 05:13:34 PM »
my 50k is set to hit on my feb statement. Any chance i can bitch to get my annual bonus to include this?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best