Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1005965 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1700 on: January 18, 2012, 09:47:05 AM »
Just got an email offer for a marriott premier cc, 50,000 points after first use, plus a free night, no min spend, and no annual fee for the first year. I'm not familiar with the marriott program, does 50k amount to much? should I get it?

standard offer

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: January 18, 2012, 10:49:16 AM »
:-[ might get it anyway, I'm jonesing for a new cc
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1702 on: January 18, 2012, 12:16:22 PM »
I can nerd out on these for hours.  I'll be going on mileage runs before long.   :frown:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: January 18, 2012, 12:32:17 PM »
:-[ might get it anyway, I'm jonesing for a new cc

There might still be a 70,000 offer out there. I got that card back in October/November with the 50,000 offer and right after I got it there was the same offer, but with 70,000 points. I e-mailed Chase through my account and they added 20,000 points.

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: January 18, 2012, 12:40:02 PM »
Here's the FT thread on it, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1271936-70k-points-1-night-no-fee-1st-yr-marriott-premier-visa.html. Looks like the landing page for the 70,000 offer isn't working, but people are calling the 1-800 number and the reps are saying the deal is still on.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #1705 on: January 18, 2012, 01:42:59 PM »
Here's the FT thread on it, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1271936-70k-points-1-night-no-fee-1st-yr-marriott-premier-visa.html. Looks like the landing page for the 70,000 offer isn't working, but people are calling the 1-800 number and the reps are saying the deal is still on.
Thanks, I'll report back with how it goes
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: January 18, 2012, 03:23:38 PM »
more fantastic airline pron

http://wpjrnl.com/

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: January 19, 2012, 08:29:36 AM »
Input request:  I am going to be flying from Paris to Omaha on an AA 767-300.  I have enough AA miles for the 2 coach seats.  I'm 6 ft. tall so not some freako giant but is it even possible for me to spend 9 to 11 hours in that coach seat?  I can transfer 40k SPG points into AA to get the adnl. 50k AA miles needed for 2 business class seats.  Really don't want to use all those SPG though.  Also, my flight options are through ORD with a 6 1/2 hour layover or through DFW with a 2 1/2 hour layover.  The flight from Paris to Dallas is 2 hours longer though which would be 11 hours in that seat.  Total travel time is 2 hours more total via Chicago.  So, use the SPG to upgrade the seats?  Fly coach into ORD or DFW?  Really wish I would have gotten one more AA card at some point so this wouldn't be an issue.  

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 19, 2012, 12:08:50 PM »
Input request:  I am going to be flying from Paris to Omaha on an AA 767-300.  I have enough AA miles for the 2 coach seats.  I'm 6 ft. tall so not some freako giant but is it even possible for me to spend 9 to 11 hours in that coach seat?  I can transfer 40k SPG points into AA to get the adnl. 50k AA miles needed for 2 business class seats.  Really don't want to use all those SPG though.  Also, my flight options are through ORD with a 6 1/2 hour layover or through DFW with a 2 1/2 hour layover.  The flight from Paris to Dallas is 2 hours longer though which would be 11 hours in that seat.  Total travel time is 2 hours more total via Chicago.  So, use the SPG to upgrade the seats?  Fly coach into ORD or DFW?  Really wish I would have gotten one more AA card at some point so this wouldn't be an issue. 
I've flown ORD to Paris and Copenhagen to ORD both in coach and I'm 6' 2" (but pretty skinny). The last couple hours were getting pretty uncomfortable so I definitely wouldn't add the extra 2 hours of flight time to get the flight into dfw, I would much rather be in ord with the monster layover. just IMO
I'm purple down

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 19, 2012, 12:14:03 PM »
Input request:  I am going to be flying from Paris to Omaha on an AA 767-300.  I have enough AA miles for the 2 coach seats.  I'm 6 ft. tall so not some freako giant but is it even possible for me to spend 9 to 11 hours in that coach seat?  I can transfer 40k SPG points into AA to get the adnl. 50k AA miles needed for 2 business class seats.  Really don't want to use all those SPG though.  Also, my flight options are through ORD with a 6 1/2 hour layover or through DFW with a 2 1/2 hour layover.  The flight from Paris to Dallas is 2 hours longer though which would be 11 hours in that seat.  Total travel time is 2 hours more total via Chicago.  So, use the SPG to upgrade the seats?  Fly coach into ORD or DFW?  Really wish I would have gotten one more AA card at some point so this wouldn't be an issue. 
I've flown ORD to Paris and Copenhagen to ORD both in coach and I'm 6' 2" (but pretty skinny). The last couple hours were getting pretty uncomfortable so I definitely wouldn't add the extra 2 hours of flight time to get the flight into dfw, I would much rather be in ord with the monster layover. just IMO

don't be modest, you are pretty swole up with muscles.  thanks for the input. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: January 19, 2012, 03:01:16 PM »
Look at it this way, you can eat at the Rick Bayless restaurant twice.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 19, 2012, 03:07:17 PM »
Input request:  I am going to be flying from Paris to Omaha on an AA 767-300.  I have enough AA miles for the 2 coach seats.  I'm 6 ft. tall so not some freako giant but is it even possible for me to spend 9 to 11 hours in that coach seat?  I can transfer 40k SPG points into AA to get the adnl. 50k AA miles needed for 2 business class seats.  Really don't want to use all those SPG though.  Also, my flight options are through ORD with a 6 1/2 hour layover or through DFW with a 2 1/2 hour layover.  The flight from Paris to Dallas is 2 hours longer though which would be 11 hours in that seat.  Total travel time is 2 hours more total via Chicago.  So, use the SPG to upgrade the seats?  Fly coach into ORD or DFW?  Really wish I would have gotten one more AA card at some point so this wouldn't be an issue.  

can you fly into ord at night and then shuttle to a hotel and fly out in the morning or next evening or something so that you don't have to spend a full 6.5 hours at the airport? that's what i would do. just overnighted at dfw westin for the same exact kind of thing. cash and points. super low on spg. almost has been two years since last spg amex app though, so....  :fatty:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 19, 2012, 03:15:49 PM »

can you fly into ord at night and then shuttle to a hotel and fly out in the morning or next evening or something so that you don't have to spend a full 6.5 hours at the airport? that's what i would do. just overnighted at dfw westin for the same exact kind of thing. cash and points. super low on spg. almost has been two years since last spg amex app though, so....  :fatty:

The Intercon. at ORD is great as well (has a Capital Grill).  There are next day flight options but once I got to ORD I think I would just be ready to get home. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 19, 2012, 04:14:14 PM »

The Intercon. at ORD is great as well (has a Capital Grill).  There are next day flight options but once I got to ORD I think I would just be ready to get home. 

misread. thought it was the flight out. probably agree on just wanting to get home if it's the return flight i think.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 19, 2012, 07:06:07 PM »
I flew Paris to ORD and it was rough in coach.  I'm sticking to BA to europe now.  Their coach is better than AA's business.  Its probably a basic question at this point, but have you checked to see if exit row is available.  Or call in and say you are 6'7" and you need more leg room and see what they can do

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: January 19, 2012, 07:23:27 PM »
I flew Paris to ORD and it was rough in coach.  I'm sticking to BA to europe now.  Their coach is better than AA's business.  Its probably a basic question at this point, but have you checked to see if exit row is available.  Or call in and say you are 6'7" and you need more leg room and see what they can do

you can't reserve exit row without elite status which I don't have.  could try to fake them out.  BA sucks to Europe because you are going to end up paying about $500 even if you use points because they have that stupid fuel surcharge.

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: January 19, 2012, 07:44:54 PM »

you can't reserve exit row without elite status which I don't have.  could try to fake them out.  BA sucks to Europe because you are going to end up paying about $500 even if you use points because they have that stupid fuel surcharge.

So no fuel charge when flying AA to Europe using AA miles? I got the 100k BA card and really wish it didn't suck to use them to fly to Europe.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: January 19, 2012, 07:53:58 PM »

So no fuel charge when flying AA to Europe using AA miles? I got the 100k BA card and really wish it didn't suck to use them to fly to Europe.

Yeah, we are flying first class to london on AA for 125k AA and $5 booking fee.  pretty great. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 19, 2012, 08:12:18 PM »

I would call in and lie to them.  Once when flying back from Hawaii, I just talked to the AA people and they put me in this 2 seat section that had its own tv and ridiculous leg room.  If it doesn't work, you can always try another plan

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: January 20, 2012, 12:10:27 AM »
Input request:  I am going to be flying from Paris to Omaha on an AA 767-300.  I have enough AA miles for the 2 coach seats.  I'm 6 ft. tall so not some freako giant but is it even possible for me to spend 9 to 11 hours in that coach seat?

you'll be fine.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: January 20, 2012, 03:35:05 PM »
can not wait until after the summer is over and sd has used up all these miles so that i can then shove my almost 700,000 current airline miles all over his face at moap3.0

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: January 20, 2012, 03:41:23 PM »
can not wait until after the summer is over and sd has used up all these miles so that i can then shove my almost 700,000 current airline miles all over his face at moap3.0

I'm kind of on a mission to blow as many as possible this year before starting the reload process.  I had over a million (sd and mrs. dave combined) points/miles heading into 2012 travel blowout of doom.  

Current Itenerary:
March - Vegas 3 nights
May - Kauai 9 nights
Nov - Vegas ? nights
Nov/Dec - Europe 11 nights

Probably squeezing NYC into that June-Oct gap somewhere.  The only thing I have left after that is 50k frontier, 50k BA and 50k SPG and random minimal figures across the rest  :frown:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: January 20, 2012, 03:52:13 PM »

I'm kind of on a mission to blow as many as possible this year before starting the reload process.  I had over a million (sd and mrs. dave combined) points/miles heading into 2012 travel blowout of doom.  

oh man. you'll still maybe have more than me when this whole 2012 blowout thing is done. also, maybe try to keep a bunch in one account in case the cap one stuff does indeed come back. also, aren't the cats playing in the preseason nit next year? we need to find out the date for that thing. moap 3.2

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: January 20, 2012, 05:07:24 PM »

oh man. you'll still maybe have more than me when this whole 2012 blowout thing is done. also, maybe try to keep a bunch in one account in case the cap one stuff does indeed come back. also, aren't the cats playing in the preseason nit next year? we need to find out the date for that thing. moap 3.2

yes, confirmed

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: January 21, 2012, 07:42:26 AM »