Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003714 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #11625 on: September 15, 2023, 08:50:46 PM »
Delta really mumped up skymiles. Hate that United's local hub is Newark, I miss them. :frown:

somehow aa probably has the least devalued miles of a us airline now?  what a sad debased world we live in.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11626 on: September 15, 2023, 09:31:53 PM »
I should probably clarify it was their medallion status that got mumped up. Flyertalk would destroy me for this error

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11627 on: September 15, 2023, 09:44:55 PM »
Delta really mumped up skymiles. Hate that United's local hub is Newark, I miss them. :frown:

somehow aa probably has the least devalued miles of a us airline now?  what a sad debased world we live in.

BITCH SAY THAT TO MY SOUTHWEST AIRLINE COMPANION PASSES FUCKIN' FACE I FUCKIN' DARE YA!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11628 on: September 15, 2023, 10:11:57 PM »
BITCH SAY THAT TO MY SOUTHWEST AIRLINE COMPANION PASSES FUCKIN' FACE I FUCKIN' DARE YA!

i basically never fly within the us, so sw is of no use to me.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11629 on: September 15, 2023, 10:13:15 PM »
I should probably clarify it was their medallion status that got mumped up. Flyertalk would destroy me for this error

it was true though.  skymiles are worth like 0.1 cents or something.  completely useless.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #11630 on: September 21, 2023, 05:03:32 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11631 on: September 21, 2023, 05:18:19 PM »
marshall must be stopped.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11633 on: September 21, 2023, 10:10:21 PM »
Which part of it do you find enlightening?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11634 on: September 21, 2023, 11:09:21 PM »
enlightening? i don’t know.  i do appreciate a well thought out article though.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11635 on: September 22, 2023, 09:10:23 AM »
So it appears I stumbled my way into 80k in chase rewards points on a card I didn't realize had a spend bonus.  How do I maximize? The valuation says it's worth $800 but I'm guessing this crew can help me double that valuation with hacks.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11636 on: September 22, 2023, 09:20:40 AM »
So it appears I stumbled my way into 80k in chase rewards points on a card I didn't realize had a spend bonus.  How do I maximize? The valuation says it's worth $800 but I'm guessing this crew can help me double that valuation with hacks.

they are worth significantly more than $800. best bet is to transfer to hyatt and stay somewhere good. or, alternatively, you could stay 16 nights at the hyatt regency wichita.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11637 on: October 19, 2023, 11:47:16 AM »
I'm looking at collecting United points to eventually book first class flights for my wife and I to go on a Southeast Asia cruise, probably in 2025.  The best way seems to be United and Chase point cards.  I'm open to other ideas if any experts have them, such as flying out on United and flying back on another carrier so as to increase the number of CC bonuses that I could apply for.  I figured I'd start with United Explorer cards as they have no annual fee the first year and then we'll do the higher annual fee/bonus cards within a year of the trip so as to capitalize on whatever perks they have. 

All this to say, I'd welcome any pro tips or a United Explorer booking link if someone wants to capitalize on this as well.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11638 on: October 20, 2023, 09:00:08 PM »
i think flying to asia in first or business is the sweet spot for a lot of those weird transfer partners for sapphire (and amex, cap one, etc).  but you'd have to check the  one mile at a time guides to figure out a plan.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11639 on: October 20, 2023, 10:12:09 PM »
You can also pay those same guys a fee to do it for you. It used to seem outrageous when I was younger but now if I accumulate enough points ever I may do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11640 on: October 21, 2023, 10:08:05 AM »
Thinking I'm doing the dual SWA business cards to get the companion pass. Applying early/mid November is the best time right so you get some leeway for the spend into 2024? Got kind of addicted to having the companion pass even with my dislike of SWA.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11641 on: October 21, 2023, 11:25:42 AM »
Thinking I'm doing the dual SWA business cards to get the companion pass. Applying early/mid November is the best time right so you get some leeway for the spend into 2024? Got kind of addicted to having the companion pass even with my dislike of SWA.

I usually get one in December and another in January. You must make certain your bonus doesn't post early.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11642 on: October 22, 2023, 12:23:06 PM »

I usually get one in December and another in January. You must make certain your bonus doesn't post early.

Thank you sensei.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11643 on: October 23, 2023, 08:56:07 AM »

Do you get one business and one personal card or just both business? I think they changed and you can't have 2 personal cards now right? Also, I assume you just rotate between you and Mrs Dave every 2 years to keep the pass?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11644 on: October 23, 2023, 09:46:56 AM »

Do you get one business and one personal card or just both business? I think they changed and you can't have 2 personal cards now right? Also, I assume you just rotate between you and Mrs Dave every 2 years to keep the pass?

I get one personal and one business. We rotate every two years between mrs. dave and I. she'll get one personal and one business getting us a companion pass for basically two years, then I'll do the same when her's is about to expire. one time we both got them at the same time (4 total cards) and had companion passes for both kids. now we just rotate as each other's companions.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #11645 on: October 23, 2023, 10:03:53 AM »

I get one personal and one business. We rotate every two years between mrs. dave and I. she'll get one personal and one business getting us a companion pass for basically two years, then I'll do the same when her's is about to expire. one time we both got them at the same time (4 total cards) and had companion passes for both kids. now we just rotate as each other's companions.

:thumbsup:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11646 on: October 23, 2023, 12:31:46 PM »
wasn't sure if this belonged in the CC thread or the travel thread but since Delta changed their status requirements I started shopping around at looked at AA and could you believe that there are no direct flights on American from any NYC airport to Atlanta? WTF? It kind of blows my mind.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11647 on: October 23, 2023, 12:39:43 PM »
wasn't sure if this belonged in the CC thread or the travel thread but since Delta changed their status requirements I started shopping around at looked at AA and could you believe that there are no direct flights on American from any NYC airport to Atlanta? WTF? It kind of blows my mind.

That IS wild.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11648 on: November 13, 2023, 03:39:35 PM »
I've been doing Delta SkyMiles for a while because I only fly twice-ish a year, and I'm only concerned about lodging once a year. But since I can't sign up for anymore Delta sign up bonuses, I'm probably gonna sign up for Cap One. Seems like that's the best card for traveling/lodging at the rate I do. Do you guys confirm? And if so, do one of you guys have a link I should use to sign up for the Cap One card?

https://capital.one/3P1bd3C

I finally used this and was very surprised by seven's first name.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11649 on: November 13, 2023, 06:19:00 PM »
I've been doing Delta SkyMiles for a while because I only fly twice-ish a year, and I'm only concerned about lodging once a year. But since I can't sign up for anymore Delta sign up bonuses, I'm probably gonna sign up for Cap One. Seems like that's the best card for traveling/lodging at the rate I do. Do you guys confirm? And if so, do one of you guys have a link I should use to sign up for the Cap One card?

https://capital.one/3P1bd3C

I finally used this and was very surprised by seven's first name.

I guess I don't know his actual first name. I've always known him by a different (real) name.