Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 983941 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #475 on: February 02, 2011, 07:37:27 AM »
Also, Continental (soon to be United) started their mileathon promotion yesterday.  You get points for doing stupid crap and everything you do gets different amounts of points.  To prepare for this I went and deactivated all my continental email alerts so I could go back and activate them again now.  If you don't have a Continental frequent flyer account you can go in and sign up for one (2 points) and accept the email promotions (3 points) and you are already to 500 continental miles.  If you were on the fence about the now 50k continental mastercard now would also be a great time to sign up for it because it gives you 20 points.  So, add that to the 5 from above and you are at 25 which is good for 2,500 continental miles on top of the 50k you get for making a purchase on the card.  

EDIT:  Register Here---> http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/apps/onepass/promotions/mileathon/login.aspx

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:39:31 AM by steve dave »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 02, 2011, 07:57:36 AM »
I also told them I signed up under the 25k promotion and didn't tell them about the +5k for adding another card holder (hopefully they don't bother or care to check).  So, if they do add 25k more like the blog entry suggests, I'll end up with 55k plus the account credit that's not available under the new promo :ohno: :pray:

Any response?

Not yet

I sent my e-mail through the site yesterday around this time and got the auto-response saying I'd hear something in 4 hours.  Nothing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 02, 2011, 08:01:57 AM »
I also told them I signed up under the 25k promotion and didn't tell them about the +5k for adding another card holder (hopefully they don't bother or care to check).  So, if they do add 25k more like the blog entry suggests, I'll end up with 55k plus the account credit that's not available under the new promo :ohno: :pray:

Any response?

Not yet

I sent my e-mail through the site yesterday around this time and got the auto-response saying I'd hear something in 4 hours.  Nothing.

I'm sure they are getting slammed with requests for this.  It was all over flyertalk.  I sent them another message quoting their 4 hour response using the old "I'm sending this again to make sure you got it".  Also threw in a "my friend got the additional mileage added to his account and we signed up at the same time" to add a forwarning of pissed off'ed'ness should they deny me.  

:comehere:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:11:47 AM by steve dave »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 02, 2011, 09:55:52 AM »
trim, when you got your Hyatt card how long did it take you to be able to book your free nights?  Also, how did you know you could?  I assume they can't show up in the account as points as all their properties have different point values... :dunno:

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 02, 2011, 10:05:35 AM »
sd, rd, et al-  do you guys post at flyertalk or just read?

just started getting into that forum. rivaling goEMAW as my favorite bbs site.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 02, 2011, 10:10:24 AM »

I just lurk.  Any question I may have has certainly been answered if I look hard enough and they will destroy you for that....  :ohno:

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 02, 2011, 10:12:03 AM »

I just lurk.  Any question I may have has certainly been answered if I look hard enough and they will destroy you for that....  :ohno:

EVER HEARD OF THE SEARCH BUTTON?!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 02, 2011, 10:13:49 AM »

:horrorsurprise:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 02, 2011, 10:28:46 AM »
Ok, I am new to this.  I am getting ready to book a trip on Delta.  Using points to book.  It says that if I get the Delta CC, I get 20k points and get to check a bag for free (Never had to pay before with NW due to status  :curse: ).  Anyway, they waive the annual fee for the first year so basically I will get the 20k points and not have to pay to check my bags for my personal trip then I can cancel within the year so I don't have to pay the next year right?  Will they be mad at me for stealing the 20k points and free checked bags for a year?  Will be pretty  :ohno: when I call and cancel. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 02, 2011, 10:46:46 AM »
Ok, I am new to this.  I am getting ready to book a trip on Delta.  Using points to book.  It says that if I get the Delta CC, I get 20k points and get to check a bag for free (Never had to pay before with NW due to status  :curse: ).  Anyway, they waive the annual fee for the first year so basically I will get the 20k points and not have to pay to check my bags for my personal trip then I can cancel within the year so I don't have to pay the next year right?  Will they be mad at me for stealing the 20k points and free checked bags for a year?  Will be pretty  :ohno: when I call and cancel. 

they are going to care about as much as someone at target would care if you return something that you recently bought and you have the receipt and it has been unused and is still in it's original package. they aren't going to care. your issue is going to be getting the points in time to book the trip you want.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 02, 2011, 10:48:29 AM »

yeah. the PI'ing that gets done over there is pretty great. i've never even registered, more/less posted. fun site though. i just don't travel enough to really, really get into it enough to sign up and post and stuff.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 10:51:23 AM by Rick Daris »

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 02, 2011, 10:50:33 AM »

they are going to care about as much as someone at target would care if you return something that you recently bought and you have the receipt and it has been unused and is still in it's original package. they aren't going to care. your issue is going to be getting the points in time to book the trip you want.
:pbj:  I already have enough points, I just don't want to pay for the bag if I don't have to.  Plus this will give me enough points for another flight.  Still a little  :ohno: Seems like stealing almost, but they pretty much just hose my company all year so I guess they deserve it.  

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 02, 2011, 10:57:43 AM »
trim, when you got your Hyatt card how long did it take you to be able to book your free nights?  Also, how did you know you could?  I assume they can't show up in the account as points as all their properties have different point values... :dunno:

Pretty quick.  Not points.  I think when you get into your account details on the Hyatt website, there's a separate section for Rewards or something like that.  You should see them there.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 02, 2011, 10:58:59 AM »
there's rumblings of a 50k Delta targeted promotion going on right now for that card. you have to get an invite for it though.  so, keep you eyes peeled.  

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 02, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »
there's rumblings of a 50k Delta targeted promotion going on right now for that card. you have to get an invite for it though.  so, keep you eyes peeled.  

Just looked on that flyer talk thingy and saw that.  I clicked the link and it said my offer has expired  :chainsaw:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 03, 2011, 02:05:28 PM »
I also told them I signed up under the 25k promotion and didn't tell them about the +5k for adding another card holder (hopefully they don't bother or care to check).  So, if they do add 25k more like the blog entry suggests, I'll end up with 55k plus the account credit that's not available under the new promo :ohno: :pray:

i wonder if the people who just signed up for the 50k will then be able to ask for the account credit? i mean, where will it end.

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the
Continental credit card account.

I have issued an additional 25,000 enrollment miles and
the adjustment will reflect on the next billing statement.

It was my pleasure to assist you today and appreciate your
continued use of the Continental account. If you have any
questions, reply using the Secure Message Center.

:surprised:

:emawkid: <--- I've never done it as hard as I'm doing it right now!!!!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 03, 2011, 02:11:53 PM »
STILL DOING IT!  :emawkid:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 03, 2011, 04:30:51 PM »
 :emawkid: still pumping a little bit

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 03, 2011, 04:34:58 PM »

that's huge. congrats, you deserve it. where are you going to go?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 03, 2011, 04:36:44 PM »

NO IDEA!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: February 03, 2011, 04:41:43 PM »

NO IDEA!

you know what i love? earning miles/points/etc. you know what i hate? using them. i really do though. it's v weird. wife is going to the west coast in a few months and she flies back at like six in the morning. so i'm like, man...let's see if there is an airport spg and you can just stay there with points and it will be great for you and then bam, there is one. but it's cat 3 and i mean, she's just going there to sleep and i'm not even going to be there either. got kind of sick to my stomach making the rezzy for that one i tell you.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 03, 2011, 04:51:44 PM »

NO IDEA!

you know what i love? earning miles/points/etc. you know what i hate? using them. i really do though. it's v weird. wife is going to the west coast in a few months and she flies back at like six in the morning. so i'm like, man...let's see if there is an airport spg and you can just stay there with points and it will be great for you and then bam, there is one. but it's cat 3 and i mean, she's just going there to sleep and i'm not even going to be there either. got kind of sick to my stomach making the rezzy for that one i tell you.

oh man I know.  very difficult. get this, we are staying ONE SINGLE NIGHT at the St. Regis Princeville ocean view for 25k SPG.....THE eff AM I DOING!?  THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE!?  WOW!

I know, I know, I will cancel the resy and book at the Westin Princeville for 12k a night which is up the hill and not on the beach.....but even that is 12k for one single night and not taking advantage of the 5th night free.  that doesn't make sense either.  hmmmm, dollars and points it is.  (haven't broken the news to mrs. dave yet, she's pretty set on the St. Regis ocean view)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 03, 2011, 05:33:12 PM »

NO IDEA!

oh man I know.  very difficult. get this, we are staying ONE SINGLE NIGHT at the St. Regis Princeville ocean view for 25k SPG.....THE eff AM I DOING!?  THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE!?  WOW!

I know, I know, I will cancel the resy and book at the Westin Princeville for 12k a night which is up the hill and not on the beach.....but even that is 12k for one single night and not taking advantage of the 5th night free.  that doesn't make sense either.  hmmmm, dollars and points it is.  (haven't broken the news to mrs. dave yet, she's pretty set on the St. Regis ocean view)

:horrorsurprise:

oh man. my stomach just got sympathy sick for you. break it but with good news or something. like maybe add a massage or something. you simply cannot spend 25k for a single night. i mean, you just can't.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 03, 2011, 07:54:15 PM »
I KNOW  :frown:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 03, 2011, 09:19:21 PM »
:emawkid:

:combofan:

(re: getting the extra 25K continental miles message today too)