Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 983783 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #450 on: January 20, 2011, 08:28:35 AM »
do you fly delta and like to drink? well here you go, 80 free ones. supposedly can sign up under the new york/nj/etc link with a fake address and then just change the address to your current one when you decide to redeem...also would be enough for a free roundtrip domestic if you don't like to drink or whatever. sign up is fairly complicated. not entirely sure if you really need a fed tax id or can make one up.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfromthewing/2011/01/17/20-free-drink-coupons-and-more-from-deltas-small-business-rewards-program/

also thinking about asking a mod to rename this thread "daris and sd discuss things that are posted on viewfromthewing and flyertalk"
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 08:37:11 AM by Rick Daris »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 20, 2011, 08:46:25 AM »
do you fly delta and like to drink? well here you go, 80 free ones. supposedly can sign up under the new york/nj/etc link with a fake address and then just change the address to your current one when you decide to redeem...also would be enough for a free roundtrip domestic if you don't like to drink or whatever. sign up is fairly complicated. not entirely sure if you really need a fed tax id or can make one up.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfromthewing/2011/01/17/20-free-drink-coupons-and-more-from-deltas-small-business-rewards-program/

also thinking about asking a mod to rename this thread "daris and sd discuss things that are posted on viewfromthewing and flyertalk"

new information about this. you can use your ss# instead of tax id#. if you use the 85,000 code then you have to buy a ticket before you get the 85k. if you use the 25k code then you get the points quickly without having to purchase a ticket. any free drink tickets ordered must be used within a year.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 20, 2011, 08:49:09 AM »
Just signed up goEMAW and our EIN.  :dunno: 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 20, 2011, 08:54:29 AM »
Just signed up goEMAW and our EIN.  :dunno: 

i may or may not have signed up using a fake new jersey business but real address and my ss# in hopes of cashing in if i get to fly delta within the next couple of months, which is possible. will update on whether or not the 85k happened or not. nothing to lose really.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 20, 2011, 10:18:38 AM »
Guys, i've got a truckfull of cash I need to deposit to the goEMAW bank account. Problem is, there isn't one.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 20, 2011, 10:34:41 AM »
Guys, i've got a truckfull of cash I need to deposit to the goEMAW bank account. Problem is, there isn't one.

saul, damnit, shutup. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 20, 2011, 11:15:54 AM »
So what site do you guys follow?  I assume viewfromthewing and flyertalk.  I am watching thepointsguy, frugaltravelguy, and theboardingarea as well.  Any good ones I'm missing?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 20, 2011, 11:55:53 AM »
So what site do you guys follow?  I assume viewfromthewing and flyertalk.  I am watching thepointsguy, frugaltravelguy, and theboardingarea as well.  Any good ones I'm missing?

yeah, viewfromthewing is one of the blogs on boardingarea and I just follow all of them.  Also frugaltravelguy, who is a complete douche but who has good info from time to time.  Am not familiar with thepointsguy but will check it out.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 20, 2011, 12:40:39 PM »

This thread.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 20, 2011, 02:57:41 PM »
So, just found out that I'm a SPG Gold for this coming year.  I think they must have either screwed up or decided what the hell and gave it to me anyway.  I know for a fact I was a few nights short.  Oh well, just ordered my personalized SPG card too:

https://www.spgpromos.com/mycard/index.cfm?language=en_us&EM=VTY_SPG_MYCARD_PROMOTION

:emawkid:

Also, what was kind of cool with the new SPG reward card thing is that you can put personalized text on the back.  So I put the account numbers for my top 6 frequent flier programs on there.  I mean, I never carry these cards...ever.  They are kinda pointless.  They already have my account number with my reservation but I still nerd out over them.  Can't even explain it. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 21, 2011, 01:42:59 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 26, 2011, 08:05:42 AM »
Really wish I hadn't gotten the 30k continental card a couple months ago.  Now offering 50k continental miles and no first year fee.  I got the statement credit but it wasn't worth 20k extra miles.  These will soon be United miles with the merger.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/products/chase/continental.aspx?&offer=OPP50

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 26, 2011, 08:10:49 AM »
Also, if you have an AA account, sign up for a Best Western account and set your earnings preference to American Airlines miles and you will get 250 AA miles.  It takes about 30 seconds.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/milesquest/2011/01/25/250-free-american-airlines-miles-for-joining-best-western-rewards/

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 26, 2011, 08:26:58 AM »
Really wish I hadn't gotten the 30k continental card a couple months ago.  Now offering 50k continental miles and no first year fee.  I got the statement credit but it wasn't worth 20k extra miles.  These will soon be United miles with the merger.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/products/chase/continental.aspx?&offer=OPP50

Same.  Damn that sucks.  Got it at 30K with the expectation to either use them for Final Four or have them turn into United (and getting a United bonus card in the meantime).

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: January 26, 2011, 08:37:06 AM »

Same.  Damn that sucks.  Got it at 30K with the expectation to either use them for Final Four or have them turn into United (and getting a United bonus card in the meantime).

yeah. that does suck. looks like there is also a 20k business card after first purchase. it's chase as well and i'm pretty far out of the loop in regards to their churning policies. might work as well though.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 31, 2011, 11:29:36 PM »
Anyone ever done the AmEx "here's two free $100 restaurant gift certificates if you sign up for this deal for like 2 months or something, man"?

I'm tempted. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 01, 2011, 07:25:15 AM »
Anyone ever done the AmEx "here's two free $100 restaurant gift certificates if you sign up for this deal for like 2 months or something, man"?

I'm tempted.  

get those constantly.  hate those things.  

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 01, 2011, 07:34:19 AM »
25,000  More Continental Miles

If you have applied for and received the Continetal OnePass card in the last 90 days, you can probably get them to UP your signup bonus. Lucky wrote about this several days agao and I'm all in favor of more miles for all of you.

Lucky and several of my readers have been successful requesting a larger sign up bonus than they originally got (25K +5K for authorized user) by sending a secure email to Chase from their online website asking for the additional miles in light of the fact they are now offering 50,000 miles for the card.

Chase's response has been yes too many IF they got the card within the last 90 days. I do NOT have reports of a phone call working, only online through their secure website. One reader reported he was told he'd get the extra 25K and he was at 100 days.

This is the type of event that may change rapidly so if you are in this position don't wait four or five days to send the secure message.

:cheese:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 01, 2011, 07:45:56 AM »
I also told them I signed up under the 25k promotion and didn't tell them about the +5k for adding another card holder (hopefully they don't bother or care to check).  So, if they do add 25k more like the blog entry suggests, I'll end up with 55k plus the account credit that's not available under the new promo :ohno: :pray:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 07:49:56 AM by steve dave »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 01, 2011, 08:02:43 AM »
I also told them I signed up under the 25k promotion and didn't tell them about the +5k for adding another card holder (hopefully they don't bother or care to check).  So, if they do add 25k more like the blog entry suggests, I'll end up with 55k plus the account credit that's not available under the new promo :ohno: :pray:

i wonder if the people who just signed up for the 50k will then be able to ask for the account credit? i mean, where will it end.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 01, 2011, 06:49:11 PM »
$150 cash back for spending $500 in first 6 months - Chase Freedom

http://slickdeals.net/?pno=46195&lno=1&afsrc=1

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 01, 2011, 10:28:57 PM »
I also told them I signed up under the 25k promotion and didn't tell them about the +5k for adding another card holder (hopefully they don't bother or care to check).  So, if they do add 25k more like the blog entry suggests, I'll end up with 55k plus the account credit that's not available under the new promo :ohno: :pray:

Any response?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 02, 2011, 06:20:52 AM »

Any response?

Not yet

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 02, 2011, 07:29:59 AM »
So, uh, this is a number you call if you get an AMEX platinum card to get SPG gold.  The card has a big annual fee but gives you status in a ton of programs.  Apparently, it's not automatic and you have to call the program to tell them.  Anyway, here is the info on the SPG number and code.  I'm already SPG gold but if you aren't I am pretty sure you just call this number, give them the code & your SPG number, if the ask tell them you have a amex platinum card but hopefully they won't even ask, and you are a SPG gold member.   :dunno:

Starwood Preferred Guest is the award-winning frequent guest program uniting over 850 hotels and resorts worldwide in over 95 countries including the renowned brands of Westin®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®,
W Hotels® and Le Meridien®.  

>Call 1-888-625-4990 and mention code SN  

Without having to meet any frequent stay minimums or requirements,
Platinum Card® members are entitled to complimentary Gold Preferred status in Starwood Preferred Guest.1 If you are already a member, you can receive a complimentary upgrade to the Gold Preferred level.  

As a Gold Preferred Guest you will:

•  Earn a 50% bonus (a total of three StarpointsSM) for every eligible U.S. dollar you spend at any Starwood Preferred Guest hotel
•  Receive a complimentary upgrade to a Preferred Room when available at check-in2, and 4 p.m. late checkout3