Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 983210 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #10675 on: January 30, 2019, 02:41:32 PM »
applied for and approved for the delta platinum 80,000 bonus miles sign up offer

i canceled this exact same card last year and had gotten a bonus with it but i read through the terms and conditions and it said nothing about "if you've received bonus offers previously" so  :crossfingers:.

yeah let me know how this goes, was also considering

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10676 on: January 30, 2019, 09:23:41 PM »
Met the spend on a Chase card, need a new one now. Hoping to take all the WonderCats to Hawai'i this summer and starting to think I might need a back-up plan since SW is taking so long getting their ETOPS.

What's the best move--AA, Alaska, or other? And what's the best offer out there to get me to Kauai? Chase is probably not an option, but I don't think that matters here.

Willing to click on any and all referral links.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10677 on: January 31, 2019, 06:45:54 AM »
applied for and approved for the delta platinum 80,000 bonus miles sign up offer

i canceled this exact same card last year and had gotten a bonus with it but i read through the terms and conditions and it said nothing about "if you've received bonus offers previously" so  :crossfingers:.

i probably won't hit the spend before the feb. 20 application deadline fwiw

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10678 on: January 31, 2019, 08:21:40 AM »

i probably won't hit the spend before the feb. 20 application deadline fwiw
Yeah I just want to know for next time

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10679 on: February 07, 2019, 12:40:05 PM »
Does anybody with the Sapphire Reserve card get priority boarding anywhere (specifically United)? I've purchased 4 United flights with the card and got priority boarding every time. Don't have any status. Didn't know if this was a hidden perk of the card, but haven't found anybody talking about it. Haven't received it on any other airline. The only other thing I can think of is I cancelled the Explorer card nearly 2 years ago and a glitch in their system makes them think I still have it. If so, hopefully they don't fix the glitch.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #10680 on: February 07, 2019, 02:52:10 PM »
Does anybody with the Sapphire Reserve card get priority boarding anywhere (specifically United)? I've purchased 4 United flights with the card and got priority boarding every time. Don't have any status. Didn't know if this was a hidden perk of the card, but haven't found anybody talking about it. Haven't received it on any other airline. The only other thing I can think of is I cancelled the Explorer card nearly 2 years ago and a glitch in their system makes them think I still have it. If so, hopefully they don't fix the glitch.

not in my experience.   Keep riding that glitch!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10681 on: February 07, 2019, 02:58:21 PM »
you are a graduate of kansas state university

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10682 on: February 07, 2019, 03:27:15 PM »
you are a graduate of kansas state university

Should've known that was it!  :kstategrad:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10683 on: February 07, 2019, 05:04:54 PM »
updated referral link for the SPG Luxury card. 75k points after $3k spend. $450 annual fee but $300 reimbursed for any SPG/Marriott stays or charges. Has some CSR type benefits but you won't need them if you already have a CSR. Does come with Marriott/SPG gold status. free night after first year. some other crap.

http://refer.amex.us/ADaMBAEEZ?XLINK=MYCP

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10684 on: February 10, 2019, 06:53:31 AM »
I've got an airline status match train chugging along.

AA gave me temporary Gold status for some reason. Today I status matched Southwest for A List using that unearned AA status. Going to see how far this will take me. hold onto your hats folks.

First class upgrade from fluke status

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10685 on: February 10, 2019, 09:57:55 AM »
I have never once done the status match thing.  How do you get it started?  I won't need it for some time yet (I'll be flying Southwest for work for the next 6 months at least), but next fall I might have to start flying a new airline with my new gig.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10686 on: February 10, 2019, 01:25:16 PM »
First you have to have status in one airline. Then you show that to a different one to have them match the status. That’s really it

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10687 on: February 10, 2019, 01:45:08 PM »
there was a sterotypical tech bro who I used to work with (got fired) that was tried to take a screenshot of a coworkers status and photoshop it with his info to get a fraudulent status match. I don't know if it worked, but the fact that he was looking into it said a lot about his character

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10688 on: February 10, 2019, 02:12:33 PM »
there was a sterotypical tech bro who I used to work with (got fired) that was tried to take a screenshot of a coworkers status and photoshop it with his info to get a fraudulent status match. I don't know if it worked, but the fact that he was looking into it said a lot about his character

it probably worked. that's all I do when I get it matched (other than the fraud part). on this one I just logged into the app of the airline with status, did a pic of my phone screen, and emailed it.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10689 on: February 10, 2019, 03:08:03 PM »

it probably worked. that's all I do when I get it matched (other than the fraud part). on this one I just logged into the app of the airline with status, did a pic of my phone screen, and emailed it.

Do you just email their standard customer service email address, or is there typically a "status match" specific email address?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10690 on: February 10, 2019, 03:16:20 PM »

Do you just email their standard customer service email address, or is there typically a "status match" specific email address?

just google the airline you want to status match and they'll have a page (I will not google any more for you):

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/medallion-program/status-match-challenge.html/

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/mileageplus/offers/promos/TB8230.html

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10691 on: February 17, 2019, 04:03:28 PM »
Alright gents, I'm finally ready to rethink my credit card strategy. Need some recommendations about a basic card (or system) that maximizes value for someone who spends a decent amount on their credit card per year between utilities, groceries, etc.

Currently have an Amazon Prime card for amazon stuff.  Otherwise our expenses are all over the place, so I'm not really a fan of big travel rewards or like super bonus on dining or anything like that. I've found a nice 2.5% cash back card (Alliant Visa Signature) which seems right up my alley, but am I missing anything?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10692 on: February 17, 2019, 09:38:27 PM »
ur points with a sapphire and freedom will cover a lot spend.  if you're willing to have a merrill edge account, the boa rewards card can turn into a lot of cash back.

if you don't want to remember categories and switch from card to card, 2.5% cash back is probably as good as it gets.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10693 on: February 17, 2019, 10:24:15 PM »
I’m not necessarily against the Chase freedom / saphire points deal, but I still don’t understand exactly how that’s supposed to work. Also really don’t fly that often so I don’t want something with miles that expire or lose value.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10694 on: February 18, 2019, 01:18:00 AM »
they don't expire or lose value (at least they don't lose value rapidly), but they're worth a lot more when redeemed for travel than if redeemed for cash.  if you aren't churning, i don't know that it would really be worth staying in the ur system.  depends on your spend, i guess.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10695 on: February 19, 2019, 08:35:28 AM »
I've got an airline status match train chugging along.

AA gave me temporary Gold status for some reason. Today I status matched Southwest for A List using that unearned AA status. Going to see how far this will take me. hold onto your hats folks.

First class upgrade from fluke status

I’m actually going to meet the requirements for miles and $ spent to keep the status for the rest of the year based on some flukey meetings that got scheduled rapid fire back to back x 10. Pretty great.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10696 on: February 19, 2019, 08:41:55 AM »
man, what a feeling

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10697 on: February 19, 2019, 08:33:42 PM »
I recommend checking for Chase offers, I got the 15% off AirBNB on my Chase Freedom:

https://www.pointswithacrew.com/who-got-this-airbnb-chase-offer-of-up-to-15-off/

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #10698 on: February 25, 2019, 09:46:55 AM »
I recommend checking for Chase offers, I got the 15% off AirBNB on my Chase Freedom:

https://www.pointswithacrew.com/who-got-this-airbnb-chase-offer-of-up-to-15-off/

Saw this. Do you have to stay before the deadline or book and pay. I think the wording was stay, but wasn't sure.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10699 on: February 25, 2019, 11:50:52 AM »

Saw this. Do you have to stay before the deadline or book and pay. I think the wording was stay, but wasn't sure.
Hmm I'm not sure based on the fine print. I booked something but didn't get the immediate rebate but it said it would take 15 days after it received the information or something