Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003900 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #9150 on: July 12, 2016, 09:16:33 AM »
for reference mrs mocat and i are probably going to be doing the bolded part below:

the only people that think there needs to be another aggieville hotel are out of town alcoholic 40 year olds who want to be able to stumble to their bed after a night in the ville while trying to relive their fun college years that they more than likely never had in the first place.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: July 12, 2016, 09:18:08 AM »
i want to stay in MHK on a friday night in a couple weeks but i am very spoiled and used to staying in hyatts for like 8k points/night. the HI next to campus is like $150 i guess, is there any better options for connoisseurs of this thread? tia

the Sheraton (former holidome and clarion or some crap) is like 3k SPG points or something like that

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: July 12, 2016, 09:19:29 AM »
Me thinks I've been confused. I know Freedoms are worth less, but I thought I could use the freedom as a holding point then transfer them back to CSP when I got a new card and they would be UR points again. Is this not the case?  I've always transferred Freedom points to CSP then used them. Am I doing this wrong?

yes, that's pretty clearly the case. you aren't doing it wrong.

Got it thanks. I'll prob just keep it since it seems like a pain to save the fee. I just don't use UR points that much. I normally fly SW or Delta and I have 900k Marriott points. I should prob get Mrs SF her own CSP though just to get the bonus.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: July 12, 2016, 09:21:29 AM »
Me thinks I've been confused. I know Freedoms are worth less, but I thought I could use the freedom as a holding point then transfer them back to CSP when I got a new card and they would be UR points again. Is this not the case?  I've always transferred Freedom points to CSP then used them. Am I doing this wrong?

yes, that's pretty clearly the case. you aren't doing it wrong.

Got it thanks. I'll prob just keep it since it seems like a pain to save the fee. I just don't use UR points that much. I normally fly SW or Delta and I have 900k Marriott points. I should prob get Mrs SF her own CSP though just to get the bonus.

well, you can transfer all those URs to SW?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: July 12, 2016, 09:25:21 AM »
Well I'll be. I didn't think SW was a transfer partner. I just got the companion pass and have the 100k SW points I've been going through so I haven't had a need to transfer anything yet.

Thanks sir.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: July 12, 2016, 09:26:46 AM »
Well I'll be. I didn't think SW was a transfer partner. I just got the companion pass and have the 100k SW points I've been going through so I haven't had a need to transfer anything yet.

Thanks sir.

yeah, with the comp pass those SW miles become twice as valuable. go look at their list of transfer partners so you know what you can and can't do with them. that's where the real value of URs is.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: July 12, 2016, 12:39:49 PM »
good news for those annoying people in airports trying to get you to sign up for cards, too

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: July 12, 2016, 01:53:49 PM »
you can transfer them if she's an authorized user on the account. so when she gets her new CSP you will need to be an authorized user of that card to transfer your crappy freedom URs to her new CSP UR account.

you don't need to be authorized users to transfer ur points between ur card accounts of family members.  we just discussed this like two weeks ago.  you're thinking of transferring ur points into miles.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: July 12, 2016, 05:06:39 PM »
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: July 12, 2016, 10:22:37 PM »
Just referred Mrs. WonderMeal for her second Chase Ink Plus. I get 10,000 UR for referral and she gets 60,000 UR after meeting the spend.

Just let me know if Trim's link on the front page isn't working anymore...  :fatty:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: July 15, 2016, 10:48:57 AM »
Just referred Mrs. WonderMeal for her second Chase Ink Plus. I get 10,000 UR for referral and she gets 60,000 UR after meeting the spend.

Just let me know if Trim's link on the front page isn't working anymore...  :fatty:

what was your business?

i'm about to do this for the first time. i think i only have opened 3 cards in the last 2 years. the 5x on cell phone and 2x on gas is something i want

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: July 15, 2016, 12:13:11 PM »
chase is super easy with the business cards.  if you need to call in, make up your story, otherwise you don't need one, just use your ss# and be honest about your business income.

citi is much harder.  i've been denied once and got through once.  i probably should have hit them a lot harder from long ago, but i got gun shy after the first denial.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: July 15, 2016, 12:27:08 PM »
i think chase has gotten more harder on their business cards

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: July 15, 2016, 12:28:56 PM »
my business income is $0.00 per year because i do not have a business

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9165 on: July 15, 2016, 12:35:49 PM »
But Mocat Enterprises makes $35000 a year buying and selling stuff on ebay.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: July 15, 2016, 03:41:06 PM »

of course it's $0/year because you're just now starting it today and that's why you need a business card today.

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: July 15, 2016, 07:28:04 PM »

what was your business?

i'm about to do this for the first time. i think i only have opened 3 cards in the last 2 years. the 5x on cell phone and 2x on gas is something i want

Rental property. This is actually the second Ink Plus we've opened up using our rental property (along with like one billion other business cards). The 5X on cell phone (I think Internet, too?) is pretty great.

I'm pretty sure they'll approve you for basically anything if you've only opened three cards in two years and have decent credit. Mocat, check your PMs.  :cool:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: July 19, 2016, 10:29:44 AM »
I forgot to use my 5%-activated freedom while eating out in chicago.  :frown:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9169 on: July 19, 2016, 10:32:45 AM »

of course it's $0/year because you're just now starting it today and that's why you need a business card today.

i plan on doing this at the end of this year to work on getting companion pass. will probably say i'm investing in rental property.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: July 19, 2016, 10:43:56 AM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9171 on: July 19, 2016, 11:34:54 AM »

the freedom is kind of a depressing card in that if people used in intelligently, chase would lose massive amounts of money on it yet it's been around for 10 years.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: July 19, 2016, 11:46:11 AM »
Here's my most current INK referral link: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?PID=CFFD2&SPID=FHRQ&CELL=601C&MSC=1514530382

i don't understand how you can generate a referral page like that. the only times i've tried to refer people, i just enter their email addy and chase sends them an email behind the scenes like a week later

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: July 19, 2016, 11:58:12 AM »

the freedom is kind of a depressing card in that if people used in intelligently, chase would lose massive amounts of money on it yet it's been around for 10 years.

I'm pretty devastated about it.  I checked today to see if there was a max I could earn in a quarter that I'd hit regardless and not feel bad about this, but I didn't see one.  It was when I was getting a 5x costco membership with it last night that I'd realized what I'd done (or didn't do).

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9174 on: July 19, 2016, 11:59:20 AM »
Here's my most current INK referral link: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?PID=CFFD2&SPID=FHRQ&CELL=601C&MSC=1514530382

i don't understand how you can generate a referral page like that. the only times i've tried to refer people, i just enter their email addy and chase sends them an email behind the scenes like a week later

For this card, when I go through the referral steps there's an option to tweet the link, so I've done that and taken the link that gets auto-generated and ready to tweet and pasted it here instead.  There's chase card referral pages where I haven't found that tweet option.