Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1006205 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #7925 on: October 07, 2015, 06:31:00 PM »
If aa has cheap rewards then ba does. May require a call though

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #7926 on: October 07, 2015, 08:14:07 PM »
Sys I've learned that having a kid makes it harder than it used to be to use them. But suddenly I value SW miles which I used to mock. What a stupid world we live in.

Roughly 90% of all the URs/miles I've ever spent are on SW flights to haul the WonderMeal clan around. I even used my first $200 airline fee credit from my platinum Amex on SW so Mrs. WM and co. could pig out on booze and snacks for free when we fly SW. That's how little I fly other airlines.

:frown:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: October 08, 2015, 08:49:43 AM »
Not this again :runaway:

There aren't seats at the cheap pts level on the BA on the same days/times as the cheap aa

call BA executive club line.   Be sure to mention you couldn't book online tho to get the fee waived.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: October 08, 2015, 03:26:56 PM »
Not this again :runaway:

There aren't seats at the cheap pts level on the BA on the same days/times as the cheap aa

call BA executive club line.   Be sure to mention you couldn't book online tho to get the fee waived.

good to know, but i ended up booking southwest out of mci like a plebe

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: October 16, 2015, 12:27:57 PM »
If you want to try out the new awardwallet beta I can invite up to 5 people. I hate it because it looks different but allegedly it has new features and junk

https://AwardWallet.com/beta/heptmcmyva

you can switch back to the old interface if you don't like it

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: October 16, 2015, 04:34:17 PM »
If you want to try out the new awardwallet beta I can invite up to 5 people. I hate it because it looks different but allegedly it has new features and junk

new signups only I assume?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: October 16, 2015, 05:24:37 PM »
No, anyone.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: October 17, 2015, 11:02:42 AM »

plz

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: October 17, 2015, 01:04:09 PM »
Just hit the link

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: October 27, 2015, 12:07:10 PM »
I got an email to do Ink referrals that get the applicant 60K UR for $5K in 3 months.  Get at me if you want it.

Of course, as I'm typing this, I see the google ad right here on gE is offering the 60K Ink so that must be the standard at the moment.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7935 on: October 27, 2015, 01:32:54 PM »
I got an email to do Ink referrals that get the applicant 60K UR for $5K in 3 months.  Get at me if you want it.

Of course, as I'm typing this, I see the google ad right here on gE is offering the 60K Ink so that must be the standard at the moment.

It's available to everyone now but you may as well get a referral bonus for it. Give me a link and I'll post it on the first thread post ITT.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: October 27, 2015, 04:27:19 PM »

It's available to everyone now but you may as well get a referral bonus for it. Give me a link and I'll post it on the first thread post ITT.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?PID=CFFD2&SPID=FFWX&CELL=6RKJ&MSC=1514530382

T-Y.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: October 28, 2015, 07:22:25 AM »
4500 avios flights going to 7500  :frown:

they are just doing away with the 4500 distance and combining it with the 7500 distance. no other changes. change is also only for north america because they're rough ridin' scroungers and chancers.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: October 28, 2015, 09:32:36 AM »
I never knew what the distance to point rules were because Dallas and Chicago were the only options from Wichita.  What was the cutoff before it went up to 7500 and so on?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: October 28, 2015, 09:40:57 AM »
I never knew what the distance to point rules were because Dallas and Chicago were the only options from Wichita.  What was the cutoff before it went up to 7500 and so on?

A number between the distance to get to Chicago from NY vs. Toronto from NY.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: October 28, 2015, 09:54:20 AM »
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/28/hyatt-in-advanced-talks-to-buy-starwood-hotels-sources.html

holy crap. it's like if the two hottest people on earth got married and had a baby and it was exponentially hotter. and then I had like 300k of the combined new kid's reward points.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: October 28, 2015, 09:55:27 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: October 28, 2015, 09:57:26 AM »
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/28/hyatt-in-advanced-talks-to-buy-starwood-hotels-sources.html

holy crap. it's like if the two hottest people on earth got married and had a baby and it was exponentially hotter. and then I had like 300k of the combined new kid's reward points.

plus they could pretty easily just make the transfer 1:1 because they are valued roughly the same (to me).

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: October 28, 2015, 10:02:01 AM »

plus they could pretty easily just make the transfer 1:1 because they are valued roughly the same (to me).

I think it'd be good for me in that there'd be more options to use Hyatt points and nights in some cities, but probably no more theoretical living in an OKC SPG for a month Dylan McKay-style?

I've been trying to avoid getting a new card before May so I can get a new Sapphire, but might have to try to get one more SPG Biz before this would all play out.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: October 28, 2015, 10:04:28 AM »

Cool, non-issue here.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: October 28, 2015, 10:10:33 AM »

I think it'd be good for me in that there'd be more options to use Hyatt points and nights in some cities, but probably no more theoretical living in an OKC SPG for a month Dylan McKay-style?

I've been trying to avoid getting a new card before May so I can get a new Sapphire, but might have to try to get one more SPG Biz before this would all play out.

It will depend which way they go but both have super cheap options. the wichita hyatt regency is only 5k a night.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: October 28, 2015, 10:17:58 AM »

It will depend which way they go but both have super cheap options. the wichita hyatt regency is only 5k a night.

Yeah, I was thinking of how easy it'd been to get 30K SPG bonuses and there being 3K/night hotels and not a comparable Hyatt situation, but I see there's some rumblings about a 50K Hyatt offer rather than the usual 2 nights, so that'd be the equivalent.  http://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-chase-hyatt-50000-points-5000-points-bonus-how-to-get-targeted-comparison-to-two-free-night-offer/

It'll be great if there were suddenly a bunch of decent 5K Hyatt hotels out there.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: October 28, 2015, 10:43:55 AM »
i just stayed at the hyatt regency in cincinnati and it was really nice and it was only 8k per night