Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003659 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #7475 on: July 16, 2015, 11:00:54 AM »
may also have some good Star Alliance options if you transfer them to Aeroplan though they may be a sucky star alliance member and have bad redemptions.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7476 on: July 16, 2015, 11:05:08 AM »
With law school and then (presumably) work next summer, I don't foresee many opportunities to take advantage of the optimal travel redemptions.  Would it be dumb to just use the card for $500 worth of free Uber rides?  I read that you can pay for Uber rides with points in the app at a rate of 1 cpm (or cpp, if you will) if you link your AmEx.  I mean, I don't know why I wouldn't want $500 worth of rides to/from the entertainment district/s.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7477 on: July 16, 2015, 11:52:47 AM »
With law school and then (presumably) work next summer, I don't foresee many opportunities to take advantage of the optimal travel redemptions.  Would it be dumb to just use the card for $500 worth of free Uber rides?  I read that you can pay for Uber rides with points in the app at a rate of 1 cpm (or cpp, if you will) if you link your AmEx.  I mean, I don't know why I wouldn't want $500 worth of rides to/from the entertainment district/s.

yeah, you'd be pretty dumb to do that

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7478 on: July 16, 2015, 11:55:14 AM »
uber to dubai
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7479 on: July 21, 2015, 09:42:36 AM »
Tried to use my Chase Ink to pay my comcast internet bill and get the 5x points. But it is classified as "miscellaneous" by Chase. How can I fix this?

Also, I need a new bonus. Done all the Chase proprietary cards for me and my wife, two Avios, one AA, (haven't been able to use any AA/Avios points), have a SW companion pass, done Hyatt cards for both, and have done United cards for both. what's next?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7480 on: July 21, 2015, 10:01:45 AM »
signed up for the Chase Freedom for myself and the wife, and have met both spends, did auth user for each one, and one card is showing the points I've earned on the purchases I've made (have not gotten the 20k bonus yet because i just met both spends last week) but my wife's card is showing 0 UR on the purchases I've made on that account/card.  Are they denying me those points because i signed up for cards for both of us, and added each other as auth users.  just call them and ask what's up dog? 

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7481 on: July 21, 2015, 10:07:14 AM »
looked at my UR points because they looked a little low. turns around the gas station by my house doubles as a delicious BBQ joint and everytime i got gas there it rang up as BBQ. called chase and told them the deal and they agreed to turn every $40 purchase at the gas station into 5 points per dollar from july on.  :gocho:
Nice, I've always wondered about them mis classifying purchases, but I've never thought to call in

they didnt just fork it over quickly. i said "do you really think i order $45 in BBQ 3 times every two weeks?" and the guy prettty much just didnt want to call me fat i think so he gave me the points.

How could you tell how it was classified? Did you just figure it out?

Also, how cool is it that there is a BARBECUE JOINT in a GAS STATION?!?!? wow

Well the charge on it said okie joes, not shamrock gas or whatever the hell it is. That was my first clue. Then I looked at my UR points by statement and saw I didn't have very many points in the x5 category. That was my second clue.

@michigancat
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7482 on: July 21, 2015, 10:41:57 AM »
signed up for the Chase Freedom for myself and the wife, and have met both spends, did auth user for each one, and one card is showing the points I've earned on the purchases I've made (have not gotten the 20k bonus yet because i just met both spends last week) but my wife's card is showing 0 UR on the purchases I've made on that account/card.  Are they denying me those points because i signed up for cards for both of us, and added each other as auth users.  just call them and ask what's up dog?

Have you passed the statement date for the one without the points showing?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7483 on: July 21, 2015, 10:53:00 AM »

Have you passed the statement date for the one without the points showing?

maybe that's it, I've passed the date by like 1 day, so maybe i just need to wait longer, thanks

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: July 21, 2015, 11:01:58 AM »
Tried to use my Chase Ink to pay my comcast internet bill and get the 5x points. But it is classified as "miscellaneous" by Chase. How can I fix this?

Also, I need a new bonus. Done all the Chase proprietary cards for me and my wife, two Avios, one AA, (haven't been able to use any AA/Avios points), have a SW companion pass, done Hyatt cards for both, and have done United cards for both. what's next?

A) No idea

B) You've really beat the crap out of Chase, nice work. Citi Premier 50k, SPG Amex (when it goes to 30k), 75k Hilton Citi are options.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7485 on: July 21, 2015, 12:05:57 PM »
50,000 membership rewards points.  Is that a #NeatDeal? $195 annual fee waived first year, $1,000/3 mo. spend.

Pulled the trigger on this Premier Rewards Gold Card.  If I'm reading these benefits correctly, I can get up to $100 of free booze on flights per calendar year?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: July 21, 2015, 12:14:31 PM »
50,000 membership rewards points.  Is that a #NeatDeal? $195 annual fee waived first year, $1,000/3 mo. spend.

Pulled the trigger on this Premier Rewards Gold Card.  If I'm reading these benefits correctly, I can get up to $100 of free booze on flights per calendar year?

not if michigancat has anything to say about it

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7487 on: July 21, 2015, 12:15:21 PM »

what?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: July 21, 2015, 12:20:57 PM »

I think that's accurate. Also, where did you get the 50k offer?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: July 21, 2015, 12:22:14 PM »

I think that's accurate. Also, where did you get the 50k offer?

mailer.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7490 on: July 21, 2015, 12:24:07 PM »

what?

my name is michigancat and i always tell people not to drink on flights because i have to pee and stuff  :dunno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: July 21, 2015, 12:24:31 PM »
hmmm, was there a code on it or something? I haven't gotten an amex in about a year and would probably do that now if it was a public offer.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7492 on: July 21, 2015, 12:26:18 PM »
I love peeing on airplanes. it's an excuse to stretch the legs and I also always run through scenarios about airplane emergencies and what it would be like to be in the bathroom during one. I'm usually an aisle person though.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7493 on: July 21, 2015, 12:28:16 PM »

what?

my name is michigancat and i always tell people not to drink on flights because i have to pee and stuff  :dunno:

That's just my personal preference. I've never told anyone not to drink on a plane, but I guess I could see how people would want to be like me and me just being me can be seen as telling someone what to do. I'm very influential.

:Rusty:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7494 on: July 21, 2015, 12:29:55 PM »
I love peeing on airplanes. it's an excuse to stretch the legs and I also always run through scenarios about airplane emergencies and what it would be like to be in the bathroom during one. I'm usually an aisle person though.

I tried aisle on a recent flight and got my shoulders bumped like a million times and was reminded why I never choose aisle. I like peeing on airplanes, too. It's just you can't always go exactly when you need to, even on the aisle!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: July 21, 2015, 12:30:30 PM »
hmmm, was there a code on it or something? I haven't gotten an amex in about a year and would probably do that now if it was a public offer.

Yep, code.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7496 on: July 21, 2015, 12:31:15 PM »

Yep, code.

would you be willing to send it to your bud steve dave in exchange for a warm thank you?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: July 21, 2015, 12:34:02 PM »

Yep, code.

would you be willing to send it to your bud steve dave in exchange for a warm thank you?

Would it work for you?  It seemed to be tied to me personally...

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: July 21, 2015, 12:42:10 PM »
Thought about it some more.  I have no concrete evidence that the code is associated with my personal information. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: July 21, 2015, 01:55:01 PM »
actually, after doing some flyertalk searches I think this should work for everyone

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/premier-rewards-gold/25330

open an incognito tab and keep entering this link until you get hit with the 50k offer after $1k spend