Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1004458 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #7400 on: July 07, 2015, 10:03:33 AM »
transfer them back to the new CSP you just got again

That's what I figured.

I'll probably just pay the $400 for the flight. Spirit flies there for like $180 dollars but I've never heard of Spirit so that scares me.

Thanks for all the help friends.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: July 07, 2015, 10:08:35 AM »
transfer them back to the new CSP you just got again

That's what I figured.

I'll probably just pay the $400 for the flight. Spirit flies there for like $180 dollars but I've never heard of Spirit so that scares me.

Thanks for all the help friends.

having never heard of spirit is the only reason you would be considering flying them. they are like the standout hilariously bad and hated airline (in a world where all airlines are hated)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: July 07, 2015, 10:19:20 AM »
Ha, when I clicked on it in google flights it basically said my flight would be delayed. My trip is 3 months away and they already know that it will get messed up.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: July 07, 2015, 10:53:51 AM »

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/11/how-terrible-is-spirit-airlines-really/281201/
3) Arriving at the Spirit kiosk to check in at ORD precisely 45 minutes before my late-Sunday flight would depart ... only to learn that Spirit had canceled my ticket mere seconds before I swiped my card, per their draconian reservation-cancellation policy. I spent the night in a hotel and woke up at 3:30am to make the only morning flight back to NYC.

heh

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: July 07, 2015, 11:39:24 AM »
Quick, someone post a CSP referral link. I went back to the ones Sys and SD posted in May and neither of them are still active.

:runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: July 07, 2015, 12:20:12 PM »
Quick, someone post a CSP referral link. I went back to the ones Sys and SD posted in May and neither of them are still active.

mine is not active
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: July 07, 2015, 12:22:51 PM »

I'll see if I can get you an updated one.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: July 07, 2015, 04:56:59 PM »
I opened both of your links to see if they had the same terms, and then used one of them. Thanks to you both.  :Woot:

I also got the Hyatt card that was linked earlier in this thread.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: July 07, 2015, 05:22:56 PM »
Ooh, another question. Should I add Mrs.SF as a signer or whatever to get the bonus 5k?  My first thought is no so she could get her own card just before the fee kicks in and I cancel mine. I think I read that points can be transferred to married people accounts. 

Tia

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: July 07, 2015, 05:31:12 PM »
Ooh, another question. Should I add Mrs.SF as a signer or whatever to get the bonus 5k?  My first thought is no so she could get her own card just before the fee kicks in and I cancel mine. I think I read that points can be transferred to married people accounts. 

Tia

people report that your spouse can be an auth. user and then you can still refer them and get them a card as well.  so, to maximize benefits, you'd do that.  i've always thought it would look a little suspicious and have never gone for the auth. user on cards i knew i'd be getting for my wife.  but that's probably just a stupid superstition.

yes, you can transfer between spousal accounts.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: July 07, 2015, 05:33:18 PM »

Tia

people report that your spouse can be an auth. user and then you can still refer them and get them a card as well.  so, to maximize benefits, you'd do that.  i've always thought it would look a little suspicious and have never gone for the auth. user on cards i knew i'd be getting for my wife.  but that's probably just a stupid superstition.

I've got both Freedom cards for me and the mrs, and added each other as authorized users, we'll see here in a few weeks if it works.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: July 07, 2015, 06:20:57 PM »

Tia

I do it constantly. It works and nobody cares.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: July 07, 2015, 07:03:33 PM »

Tia

I do it constantly. It works and nobody cares.
Yes, it always works.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: July 07, 2015, 09:28:30 PM »
 Not adding an authorized user is the worst waste of easy points ever.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: July 08, 2015, 07:28:47 PM »
I got an email from Award Wallet about the Marriott Chase Card. Limited time 80,000 points with a $3000 in 3 months spend, plus $85 annual fee (not waived)....Is that a good deal?

Also, I saw that for some Chase Cards (Sapphire Preferred, Ink, & Freedom) a new rule - you will get denied if you have more than 5 credit card applications within the last 24 months.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: July 08, 2015, 09:22:12 PM »
I got an email from Award Wallet about the Marriott Chase Card. Limited time 80,000 points with a $3000 in 3 months spend, plus $85 annual fee (not waived)....Is that a good deal?

Also, I saw that for some Chase Cards (Sapphire Preferred, Ink, & Freedom) a new rule - you will get denied if you have more than 5 credit card applications within the last 24 months.

I saw that new rule yesterday also.  Is award wallet a good app to use?

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: July 08, 2015, 11:49:15 PM »
the normal Marriott offer is for 70k so that is better than normal. believe that's the same fee I pay. mine was waived however. 10k Marriott is not a whole heck of a lot but it is a better than normal offer. imo the Marriott card is great if you're like me and stay in a shitload of Marriott hotels. gives you nights toward status and so on. idk how useful it is for people who are primarily getting points from CCs because as discussed a couple pages ago they're not the most valuable points.
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: July 09, 2015, 07:06:06 AM »
there are like 5 different versions of the Marriott offer. the 70k one waives the fee iirc. so then it becomes a determination of what is better, 10k Marriott points or whatever amount of cash the annual fee is. both are decent. marriott are better than hilton and pc but much worse than spg or hyatt.

that new UR card rule was put in place awhile ago and flyertalk'ers kind of figured out how it worked before they posted the actual new rule. kind of a PITA for churning UR cards now. luckily I already have the CSP, Freedom, & Ink.

yes, awardwallet is a very good thing to have. if you want 6 months of premium I can get you a code or link or something. AND I GET NOTHING OUT OF IT SO I'M JUST DOING THIS BECAUSE I'M A NICE GUY!

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: July 09, 2015, 08:04:07 AM »
So, in the past year my wife and I have applied for and received the following Chase Cards: Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, Southwest Plus, Southwest Premium, and Hyatt. I think it's stresses out Mrs. Mousse to have so many credit cards, but then I let her know that my new credit card hobby is why we get to travel free all the time, and not just some accounting error on the part of the universe. Point being, I'm not stopping now. I grabbed the Barclays Arrival Plus, because I've got some travel coming up that my current cards just won't be of much use, except for flights. Where do I go from here? I don't really need any more miles right now, but I'm sure at some point I will want them. Do I start going after AA cards? Seems like there are always a ton of bonus points out there for them. Is it worth stockpiling them? Which cards are best? Do their points expire?
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: July 09, 2015, 08:05:34 AM »
Also, the Mrs. has some side gigs every now and again. Maybe about one project per year. Is that enough to consider her a business owner? Should I try to get the Ink?
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: July 09, 2015, 08:25:08 AM »
So, in the past year my wife and I have applied for and received the following Chase Cards: Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, Southwest Plus, Southwest Premium, and Hyatt. I think it's stresses out Mrs. Mousse to have so many credit cards, but then I let her know that my new credit card hobby is why we get to travel free all the time, and not just some accounting error on the part of the universe. Point being, I'm not stopping now. I grabbed the Barclays Arrival Plus, because I've got some travel coming up that my current cards just won't be of much use, except for flights. Where do I go from here? I don't really need any more miles right now, but I'm sure at some point I will want them. Do I start going after AA cards? Seems like there are always a ton of bonus points out there for them. Is it worth stockpiling them? Which cards are best? Do their points expire?

yes, always earn miles when they are available. probably the thing that pisses me off the most is people not doing that and then popping in here or irl coming to me and saying something like, "we're going to Hawaii in 2 months how can we get it for free?" and then I tell them they can't and they think this stuff is stupid and fake. YOUR FACE IS STUPID AND FAKE. also yes to the AA cards.