Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003885 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #7375 on: July 02, 2015, 11:05:15 PM »
I would say the AA one is a better deal if used right but if you got the premier as well as prestige that is a good usage as well. Both fine.

This guided me...the 10k EQM didn't do me much good....but good idea piling the Premier on top as you can use all the points at a better redemption rate.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: July 02, 2015, 11:21:16 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: July 02, 2015, 11:47:59 PM »

this was the link...dumbass me didn't post it earlier...this is why I went Prestige vs. AA Exec.
http://thepointsguy.com/2015/04/citi-prestige-or-aadvantage-executive-which-card-is-best/

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: July 03, 2015, 12:03:13 AM »

this was the link...dumbass me didn't post it earlier...this is why I went Prestige vs. AA Exec.
http://thepointsguy.com/2015/04/citi-prestige-or-aadvantage-executive-which-card-is-best/

I'm at like a 6 so I'm going to assume you know what's going on. good job.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7379 on: July 03, 2015, 12:06:05 AM »

I'm at like a 6 so I'm going to assume you know what's going on. good job.

Same.  :cheers:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7380 on: July 03, 2015, 12:06:19 AM »
but also get the premier and merge the points and what I said earlier

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #7381 on: July 05, 2015, 09:14:27 AM »
Hi guys, been a while.  I am going to Detroit in the fall.  I have 100k Freedom points.  What is the best way to not pay for the flight to Detroit?  Also, as I have said a few times in this thread, I don't travel hardly at all outside of work and usually buy gift cards*** with my points. 

***yes, I am aware that this isn't the most efficient use of points, but since I don't travel much, I have little use for a bunch of airline miles and free stuff is neat too.

TIA

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7382 on: July 05, 2015, 11:42:42 AM »
Get a CSP and transfer the freedom points to UR points. Let me know if you want a referral link for the CSP.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #7383 on: July 06, 2015, 01:11:50 PM »
Will do. So by no means should I book a flight using the Freedom points?  It is that much better transferring to CSP?  Last question, when I dump the new card around fee time, can I keep the points there or do I transfer back to Freedom.

Thanks again

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7385 on: July 06, 2015, 01:27:38 PM »
before you cancel the csp, you're going to get a chase ink.  you'll transfer the ur points to that.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7386 on: July 06, 2015, 01:40:51 PM »
winters, is this your first credit card?
:shy:

yeah, you wont get approved for any of these stud cards without credit card history. my advice is to apply for the Chase Freedom card (link from SD) so that you have a free card with a stud bank for the history. get that card and use it for 6 months and then give CSP a shot. if you get declined for freedom, apply for discover it or capital one cash back card ON THE SAME DAY. after a few months of owning one of those low-benefits cards, you should be able to get any card you want if you have an income. last resort would be to get a credit card from your bank.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: July 06, 2015, 03:21:34 PM »
Winters, you're goddamn royalty and you can include a picture of your championship belt* in your application.  Get whatever card you want.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7388 on: July 06, 2015, 03:28:48 PM »
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7389 on: July 07, 2015, 07:21:05 AM »
"good" hilton citi offer. 75k hilton points are probably only worth about $300 but there's no annual fee and the spend is minimal. 75k would get you 2 nights at the HGI or Hampton in MHK with a few points to spare probably. or like 1 night at a nice hilton. hilton points suck terribly is basically what I'm saying but I may get it just because I'm not meeting any spends right now and it's a citi card.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc/Hilton/HHonors/signature/2015/July/external/75k/default.htm?BTData=I!N.B.gAB4f.J.BjO.MX40.OUg.ij6.pOO.Bj.Cd.Gy.E&app=UNSOL&sc=FPSHCAT5&m=7CJ8111111W&cmp=AFA~01~120201~CARDSACQ~LinkOffers&B=S&ID=3004&uc=E6K&t=t&AID=12271621&PID=7715336&ProspectID=7FB5A61BDDB848EA841B35F4E5588A97

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: July 07, 2015, 08:18:24 AM »
you could also just get a citi simplicity card and then punch yourself in the dick for an hour
emaw

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: July 07, 2015, 08:23:05 AM »
70k delta Amex offer just came in the mail. 195 fee but 100 credit on first delta purchase within 3 months. I'm not a huge delta flyer but doesn't seem like a horrible deal?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: July 07, 2015, 08:39:44 AM »
70k delta Amex offer just came in the mail. 195 fee but 100 credit on first delta purchase within 3 months. I'm not a huge delta flyer but doesn't seem like a horrible deal?

that's a good deal. DISCLAIMER: Delta points are probably the suckiest of the big 4, though still way better than like Hilton and Marriott and PC and Frontier.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: July 07, 2015, 08:40:53 AM »
you could also just get a citi simplicity card and then punch yourself in the dick for an hour

I already have over 200k HH points and can never seem to shake them. every time I book something with them a better deal comes along and I change my booking. aggravating.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: July 07, 2015, 08:41:51 AM »

I already have over 200k HH points and can never seem to shake them. every time I book something with them a better deal comes along and I change my booking. aggravating.

that said, it's nice to know I can choose between over a thousand NYC hotels for a long weekend at some point if I need them.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #7395 on: July 07, 2015, 09:01:29 AM »
before you cancel the csp, you're going to get a chase ink.  you'll transfer the ur points to that.

I know this has been explained a million times; sorry. Do I have to transfer all of my Freedom points to CSP?  Does the Ink have an annual fee?  Is the Ink card just a place to store points?  After all of this do I still use my Freedom?

Also, why are Marriott points bad? I have 1.2 million.

Tia

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7396 on: July 07, 2015, 09:10:24 AM »

that's over 5 dollars worth of points

I know this has been explained a million times; sorry. Do I have to transfer all of my Freedom points to CSP?  Does the Ink have an annual fee?  Is the Ink card just a place to store points?  After all of this do I still use my Freedom?

Tia

I have like 400k as I primarily stay at their hotels when I travel for work.  They aren't "bad" they just aren't as good as Starwood, Hyatt, etc.  Would say they're average to maybe slightly below average.  Redeeming them for their "travel packages" is a good deal as you get the 7 night certificates + a bunch of airline miles to whatever airline for a few hundred thousand Marriott points.  Good thing is they are such a huge chain you can usually find their properties in most cities.
emaw

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7397 on: July 07, 2015, 09:23:59 AM »

Tia

no, you dont have to transfer all your freedom points to CSP. just in 1,000 point increments. ink has an annual fee but its worth it. its a place to store points if you dont have CSP because freedom doesnt get the multiplier boost that CSP and ink get. use your freedom for the 5x point categories, otherwise its pretty much useless (free tho, so dont cancel it unless churning)
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #7398 on: July 07, 2015, 09:32:06 AM »

Tia

no, you dont have to transfer all your freedom points to CSP. just in 1,000 point increments. ink has an annual fee but its worth it. its a place to store points if you dont have CSP because freedom doesnt get the multiplier boost that CSP and ink get. use your freedom for the 5x point categories, otherwise its pretty much useless (free tho, so dont cancel it unless churning)

Last question until I have another question. So I transfer freedom points needed for flight to CSP and transfer those points to the airline I'm flying for the best deal. CSP fee comes around and I can either use the remaining points or transfer them to Ink. If I transfer them to Ink what do I do when that fee comes around?

You guys are the best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: July 07, 2015, 09:49:02 AM »
transfer them back to the new CSP you just got again