Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1006344 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #6650 on: February 11, 2015, 03:39:32 PM »
like, my low level award availability OMA-NYC is about 80% green for the entire spring/summer in coach. and about 90% in first.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: February 11, 2015, 03:45:49 PM »
like, my low level award availability OMA-NYC is about 80% green for the entire spring/summer in coach. and about 90% in first.
Yeah I tried to book to NYC this summer 330 days out and had very low availability. Same with Hawaii for fall break.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: February 11, 2015, 05:42:37 PM »
Take it to the San Francisco things thread, sheesh

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: February 11, 2015, 06:27:28 PM »
sounds good.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: February 13, 2015, 11:14:15 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: February 13, 2015, 11:15:36 AM »
also, lot of grumblings about the upcoming SW devaluation. flyertalk'ers are a very entitled bunch but devaluations suck no matter what.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: February 13, 2015, 11:19:13 AM »
my friends are super jealz about my chase sapphire preferred, because i used my UR points to book my flight to the bachelor party AND wedding, AND tinder girl's flight to the wedding as well. so they're all complaining about paying for flights and i'm just like :gocho:.

"but 'blast what's the interest rate on that card?"
:facepalm:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: February 13, 2015, 11:26:13 AM »
my friends are super jealz about my chase sapphire preferred, because i used my UR points to book my flight to the bachelor party AND wedding, AND tinder girl's flight to the wedding as well. so they're all complaining about paying for flights and i'm just like :gocho:.

man,  :lol::frown:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: February 13, 2015, 11:27:21 AM »

man,  :lol::frown:

i got pretty vocal on the group text, and PI'd the guy pretty hard about ever even thinking about interest rates on credit cards.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6660 on: February 13, 2015, 11:30:47 AM »
hyatt card plat status appears to kick in upon activation.  I got the card today, logged into hyatt and I was a gold member.  activated the card online and went back to hyatt and refreshed and I was a platinum member.  then linked to mlife and now I'm gold with them.  pretty sweet! and hopefully it gets me a room upgrade at the aria in feb  :crossfingers:

Check Cyber Monday for deals at the aria if you can cancel.  I got a helluva deal on a suite there last year

tell me more about cyber monday, slash should i wait until closer to departure (July) to book a room at aria? i am also gold Mlife. tia

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: February 13, 2015, 11:32:08 AM »
also, lot of grumblings about the upcoming SW devaluation. flyertalk'ers are a very entitled bunch but devaluations suck no matter what.

SW values are bitb by a lot so i assume after devaluation they will only be slightly bitb...?

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: February 13, 2015, 11:47:00 AM »

please keep me posted on the devaluation. feel free to PI.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: February 13, 2015, 12:13:41 PM »

SW values are bitb by a lot so i assume after devaluation they will only be slightly bitb...?

did friday the 13th fall on opposite day this year?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6664 on: February 13, 2015, 12:14:17 PM »

please keep me posted on the devaluation. feel free to PI.

I just burned mocat to the ground with some vicious PI. check it.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: February 13, 2015, 12:14:41 PM »
Yep!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: February 13, 2015, 12:15:14 PM »
Known southwest airlines lover mocat just got obliterated

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: February 13, 2015, 12:18:20 PM »
they aren't actually bad at all just not great. very convenient if nothing else. you just can't get great 2+ cpm redemptions like you can with other programs. but the speculation is that their "set value" is no longer going to be set. like you can sometimes use them at a set value for a Want To Get Away fare but sometimes not. like low level awards won't be available on all flights like they currently are. Here are a couple current valuations of miles/points.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/value-miles-points/

http://thepointsguy.com/2015/01/what-are-points-miles-worth-january-monthly-valuations/

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: February 13, 2015, 12:23:05 PM »
and I guess if you have a companion pass then they would actually be BITB for domestic coach. them and avios anyway.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: February 13, 2015, 12:25:03 PM »
really their idiot move is allowing companion passes to exist or at least allowing them to exist with credit card points counting towards the pass. in their message they didn't mention anything about changes to the companion pass though so that's good (for people who have them behind the woodshed beating the crap out of them with their free two year companion passes)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: February 13, 2015, 12:25:51 PM »
and I guess if you have a companion pass then they would actually be BITB for domestic coach. them and avios anyway.
They're pretty much bitb for domestic coach even without a companion pass. Not always, but quite often.

And I don't quite understand the devaluation. Are you implying something like blackout dates? Because low level awards aren't always available already (if they're already sold out).

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: February 13, 2015, 12:27:26 PM »
They're pretty much bitb for domestic coach even without a companion pass. Not always, but quite often.

And I don't quite understand the devaluation. Are you implying something like blackout dates?

nobody knows for sure but they said that points can still be used for any seat but that the redemption would vary. My guess is they blackout the Wanna Get Away fares on points on some flights like all other carriers do for low level redemptions. that's just my hunch though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: February 13, 2015, 12:33:35 PM »
Program Updates
We created Rapid Rewards® because we think you deserve to actually feel rewarded. And, from time to time we must make some updates to our program. Beginning April 17, 2015, the number of Rapid Rewards Points needed to redeem for certain flights will vary based on destination, time, day of travel, demand, fare class, and other factors. However, there are still many flights which will stay at the current redemption rate. And don’t forget that when fares go on sale, so do the points needed for redeeming for a reward flight on those fares.

As an active Rapid Rewards® Member, you know first-hand about the great benefits of our frequent flyer program including:
Unlimited reward seats
No blackout dates
Points that don’t expire <--they expire just like everyone else's points fwiw

You may also know that we’re all about creating flexibility for you to use your Rapid Rewards Points:
We don’t charge a fee of any kind if you wish to change or cancel your reward flight at any point2.
We don’t charge a fee of any kind for you to use your points, even if you are redeeming at the last minute3.
And, there is no minimum point balance requirement to redeem for reward travel.

One thing we’ll never change is our continued goal to bring you the best rewards program in the business.

Thank you for your business and continued loyalty.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: February 13, 2015, 12:36:00 PM »
their unlimited reward seats, points that don't expire, and no blackout dates could all be said for almost any other carrier right now. it meant more when they had a set redemption rate but if they do away with that they have become a replica of delta's program but without a 1st class product, real international flights, or an alliance membership.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: February 13, 2015, 12:41:04 PM »
was expecting much worse news but that date is good to know since i have to book several flights for weddings this summer.

thanks sd.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.