Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 1003247 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #6375 on: November 22, 2014, 02:42:02 PM »
I referred my wife, too. I think it's a good plan.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: November 22, 2014, 02:42:38 PM »
*assuming it still works with her being an authorized user on my card

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: November 22, 2014, 02:44:17 PM »
chasereferafriend.com

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: November 22, 2014, 02:45:13 PM »
I mean, she was approved via my referral, I'm just bit sure I'll get the bonus.

I guess all you need to be an authorized user is a name, so it should work

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: November 22, 2014, 02:47:26 PM »
I mean, she was approved via my referral, I'm just bit sure I'll get the bonus.

I guess all you need to be an authorized user is a name, so it should work

make sure there isn't any address qualification either. I've never read the terms.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: November 22, 2014, 02:52:31 PM »
you have to have the card to refer her though

you have to have the same card as is referred?  so i can't refer her for a freedom from my csp?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: November 22, 2014, 02:55:20 PM »
never mind, i looked it up.  you can't.  that sucks.

so i guess i'll use one of your links after all.  i'll flip a coin.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: November 23, 2014, 03:31:59 PM »
I referred a friend last week personally.  Forgot to consider getting referral points for it.  Dumb on my part. 

So Sys, I guess if you don't want to pick between michigan and sd, you can pick me.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: November 23, 2014, 03:33:54 PM »
If anyone isn't signed up for SW miles and wants to (doesn't hurt, never have to fly them) I can send 4 people referrals and I get 500 miles per. PM name and email if you want.

If you tell me how to get SW Companion Pass, I'll sign up  using your link.

I've asked on this thread before, but didn't get much help.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: November 23, 2014, 03:44:04 PM »
So Sys, I guess if you don't want to pick between michigan and sd, you can pick me.

tell me your views on dogs, snakes, private ownership of native and non-native wildlife, etc.  also, include your link.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: November 24, 2014, 06:16:31 AM »

If anyone isn't signed up for SW miles and wants to (doesn't hurt, never have to fly them) I can send 4 people referrals and I get 500 miles per. PM name and email if you want.

You earn 110k SW miles in one year.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: November 24, 2014, 06:34:13 AM »

You earn 110k SW miles in one year.

Obviously 50k through personal card but for the business card for the 2nd 50k? I tried the Ink Plus biz card and got denied. So am I going to run into the same problem with the SW biz?  And is it best to apply for them on the same day or separately (wait until you get the 50k on one then go for the other)?

tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: November 24, 2014, 07:40:44 AM »
I don't think Chase allows you to apply for multiple cards on the same day. there are two SW personal cards though. Apply for the one with the higher annual fee, make the min spend, apply for the other one, if they ask you why say you want the lower annual fee (or if you go in reverse say you want the higher annual bonus miles). Then you'll have like 104k since the annual spend is $2k on each (I think). Then you'll have to either actually fly SW and get some miles or get some through their shopping portal or spend another $6k on either card and you're done. Also note that UR points transferred to SW don't count towards the 110k. Also this has actually all been covered a lot in this thread.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: November 24, 2014, 08:17:38 AM »

I don't think Chase allows you to apply for multiple cards on the same day. there are two SW personal cards though. Apply for the one with the higher annual fee, make the min spend, apply for the other one, if they ask you why say you want the lower annual fee (or if you go in reverse say you want the higher annual bonus miles). Then you'll have like 104k since the annual spend is $2k on each (I think). Then you'll have to either actually fly SW and get some miles or get some through their shopping portal or spend another $6k on either card and you're done. Also note that UR points transferred to SW don't count towards the 110k. Also this has actually all been covered a lot in this thread.
Only like 20 times SD. High praise for being nice tho

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: November 24, 2014, 09:16:18 AM »

Thanks, SD.  I'll pm my info for referral link for SW card.

Only like 20 times SD. High praise for being nice tho

Yes, I knew the basics.  Just a lot easier to get a refresher by asking, rather than using a shitty search or manually scrolling through all pages.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6390 on: November 24, 2014, 09:19:41 AM »

tell me your views on dogs, snakes, private ownership of native and non-native wildlife, etc.  also, include your link.

Dogs = golden retrievers and labs over everything
Snakes = gtfo
Private ownership of native and non-native wildlife = very pro.  idea for a future business of mine is to rent out exotic animals for parties, events, as dates, etc.  Might call it "Bear with Me".

anyways, went to that chase refer a friend site and said i wasn't eligible, guess it's b/c i went down to the regular Chase Sapphire rather than Preferred to keep my UR points but avoid the annual fee.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: November 24, 2014, 09:38:28 AM »
the snake response rendered you ineligible, too :frown:

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: November 25, 2014, 07:03:24 AM »

Hi SD.  Can I get a link?  PM'd you my name and email.  TIA.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: November 25, 2014, 07:17:40 AM »

Hi SD.  Can I get a link?  PM'd you my name and email.  TIA.

Sent. Actually sent two things. One to sign up for SW Rapid Rewards and one referral for the card. If anyone else wants one let your bud sd know  :fatty:

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: November 25, 2014, 08:24:52 AM »
Roomer is offering $25 credit for being referred to sign-up.  Discounted hotel booking site, place to buy/sell hotel resys that others can't use, etc..

Link to sign-up and receive $25 credit: http://goo.gl/NyNA13

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: November 25, 2014, 08:45:33 AM »

i think (not going to research) that transferred marriott miles do count.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: November 25, 2014, 09:04:55 AM »

i think (not going to research) that transferred marriott miles do count.

I think you are correct

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: November 25, 2014, 02:16:23 PM »
Any pros/cons to getting a checking account at Chase for just regular banking?  Like would it make future credit card apps go better and/or would I be foregoing any sort of bonus situation in the future that I could get for opening an account?
You after that $200, son?

I'll take it, but I'm really just needing a local bank.

I found I had a thing from the post office when I changed my address for $125 when opening an account, so I went to Chase.  Didn't seem to be worth it as they had zero people who could help when I went in on my way to the gym, and it took about 30 minutes to get it done stopping in on my way back.  And that was an expedited process since they had all my info from credit cards.  Was it because I was wearing a hoodie?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: November 26, 2014, 04:04:40 PM »
the snake response rendered you ineligible, too :frown:

he hit the private ownership of wildlife question out of the park.  he would have been a contender.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: November 26, 2014, 10:36:35 PM »
This promo code will currently get you free wifi on swa:

http://slickdeals.net/f/7426614-free-in-flight-wifi-on-southwest-airlines?p=72167388&utm_source=dealalerts&utm_medium=em-i&utm_term=3782&utm_content=u958712&utm_campaign=tu14

also so my wife is allergic to peanuts and swa considers this a "disability" and she got a pre board pass because of it and they let me on early too so we got bulkhead seats with legroom. so anyway if you want to skip their stupid line and get whatever seat you want just tell them you're allergic to peanuts I guess.
emaw