Author Topic: Offseason "Fire Cosh" banner to be flown opening day 2011  (Read 14523 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Offseason "Fire Cosh" banner to be flown opening day 2011
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2010, 01:01:48 AM »
Do you own a plane or have a pilot's license?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2010, 01:04:48 AM »
just really feel that banners/billboards about Obz would be a waste of time/money.  Pitting the entire athletic department against a coach that refuses to fire a shitty coordinator will get better results.

People that think otherwise probably smell bad and suck at chess.

Firing Cosh is a waste of time/money.

Cosh won't be fired dumb ass.   Do you even remember the last time Bill "retired" and all the stories about Weiser pushing him out?   Jesus rough ridin' christ let me spell it out for you.  A rough ridin' sign/banner saying "Fire LHC Bill Snyder" is going to make us look like rough ridin' Peta throwing blood on fur coats.  It's not going to do a god damn thing but make us look like a bunch of ungratefull spoiled jackasses.  Bill won't be fired, Currie won't push him out, because WE are the MINORITY.
Flying a banner that reads Fire Bill will increase pressure on Currie to NOT fire him/push him out after the backlash that comes from something as small as a rough ridin' billboard that does not represent the majority.    

If you fly a Fire Cosh sign, it will not piss off anyone, because EVERYONE believes it should be done.  Bill will have the options to either A:  Fire Cosh (not going to happen)  B: "Retire"  or C: Keep Cosh, Stay as long as he can, running the program into the ground, letting the grapes sour, pissing off the athletic administration because "Bill does things his own way ONLY" & slowly turning the shirt tucks against him.

Option C is the only way I see this administration forcing Snyder out.   If you fly a Fire Bill sign, Bill will stay as long as he wants and we will have tied the hands of the administration to do anything about it.  Because if they do force him out, they are agreeing with "The Minority"  I.E. US.

rough ridin' amateurs.  

All of this re: Cosh is true whether we do anything or not.  That is my point.  It doesn't matter if we do anything that mentions Cosh, and it really doesn't matter if Cosh stays or not.  So if all anybody wants to do is bitch about Cosh - whether they think Cosh is the only problem or whether they think that a Cosh mutiny will somehow end OB - then there's no reason to spend any money on anything.

Not sure why some of you think that a movement for wanting Snyder gone has to be so negative.  A reasonable person loves Snyder and appreciates everything he did but knows that we need a clean slate now.  There won't be a "Fire Snyder" banner/billboard.

I work and have previously worked with quite a few guys who went to KSU-Salina.  The majority of pilots are or were military, not exactly the kind of dudes that would fly an anti-Snyder banner.  The billboard idea is a better one.  Plus, you can include some goEMAW.com advertising on it.  But I doubt that SD, Trim, etc have the balls to do that.  Goodbye season tickets, hello BFFs with Dax!

We handed the rough ridin' president a certificate of participation with a giant goEMAW pak head on it you Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

T42YS

« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2010, 01:12:18 AM »
Another blow struck by Trim for science. Thinking I'll contribute to a billboard again. Mods?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2010, 01:28:01 AM »
OMG!!!  A certificate with a katpak head on it??!!!  You guys are rough ridin' R-E-B-E-L-S!!!!!  What's next, are you going to TP his house?!  ROFL!!  You guys are so cool.  Who are you talking to homecoming?!  rough ridin' douchebags.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2010, 01:35:05 AM »
OMG!!!  A certificate with a katpak head on it??!!!  You guys are rough ridin' R-E-B-E-L-S!!!!!  What's next, are you going to TP his house?!  ROFL!!  You guys are so cool.  Who are you talking to homecoming?!  rough ridin' douchebags.

Good point.  You're certainly free to throw on your juggalo makeup and go do some REALLY badass stuff that we're all too pussy to do.  We'll do our best to carry on without your help.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2010, 01:55:49 AM »
You guys should totally get all wasted, make fools of yourselves, and present/surprise the president with a Fire Snyder certificate!!!  I bet he would totally rue that day!!!  OMG!!  LOL!bb. ROFL!!!  LMAO!!

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2010, 06:56:00 AM »
I'm fairly certain that LHC Bill Snyder and Greg Robinson are friends.  :horrorsurprise:

If we replace Cosh with Gerg I will take a dump right at the center of BSFS I bet ron scary smart Jack's off when he reads this crap every night

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2010, 07:16:54 AM »

Why would I need either of these things to have a banner flown in the way we describe?

I do not own a milking cow, nor know how to milk one, but I do have milk in my fridge.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2010, 07:22:14 AM »
I work and have previously worked with quite a few guys who went to KSU-Salina.  The majority of pilots are or were military, not exactly the kind of dudes that would fly an anti-Snyder banner.  The billboard idea is a better one.  Plus, you can include some goEMAW.com advertising on it.  But I doubt that SD, Trim, etc have the balls to do that.  Goodbye season tickets, hello BFFs with Dax!

That's not how this works. 

www.flysigns.com

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2010, 07:31:31 AM »

Why would I need either of these things to have a banner flown in the way we describe?

I do not own a milking cow, nor know how to milk one, but I do have milk in my fridge.

Right, but if you'd told the grocery sacker to put the milk in a Fire Snyder bag, they'd have cancelled the sale and told you to GTFO.  And you're much too much of a pussy to get the manager and demand that your milk sale be pushed through.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2010, 09:29:53 AM »
I know lots of guys who milk cows.  Most of them are reformed serial killers.  They would never be okay with putting a jug of milk in a Fire Snyder bag.  :users:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2010, 09:37:13 AM »
sddad, sdmom and sdbro all have their pilots license.  don't think they have much airplane banner towing experience though. 

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2010, 09:46:30 AM »
when is the donation page going to be up?  paypal?

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2010, 12:37:13 PM »
just really feel that banners/billboards about Obz would be a waste of time/money.  Pitting the entire athletic department against a coach that refuses to fire a shitty coordinator will get better results.

People that think otherwise probably smell bad and suck at chess.

Firing Cosh is a waste of time/money.

Cosh won't be fired dumb ass.   Do you even remember the last time Bill "retired" and all the stories about Weiser pushing him out?   Jesus rough ridin' christ let me spell it out for you.  A rough ridin' sign/banner saying "Fire LHC Bill Snyder" is going to make us look like rough ridin' Peta throwing blood on fur coats.  It's not going to do a god damn thing but make us look like a bunch of ungratefull spoiled jackasses.  Bill won't be fired, Currie won't push him out, because WE are the MINORITY.
Flying a banner that reads Fire Bill will increase pressure on Currie to NOT fire him/push him out after the backlash that comes from something as small as a rough ridin' billboard that does not represent the majority.    

If you fly a Fire Cosh sign, it will not piss off anyone, because EVERYONE believes it should be done.  Bill will have the options to either A:  Fire Cosh (not going to happen)  B: "Retire"  or C: Keep Cosh, Stay as long as he can, running the program into the ground, letting the grapes sour, pissing off the athletic administration because "Bill does things his own way ONLY" & slowly turning the shirt tucks against him.

Option C is the only way I see this administration forcing Snyder out.   If you fly a Fire Bill sign, Bill will stay as long as he wants and we will have tied the hands of the administration to do anything about it.  Because if they do force him out, they are agreeing with "The Minority"  I.E. US.

rough ridin' amateurs.  

All of this re: Cosh is true whether we do anything or not.  That is my point.  It doesn't matter if we do anything that mentions Cosh, and it really doesn't matter if Cosh stays or not.  So if all anybody wants to do is bitch about Cosh - whether they think Cosh is the only problem or whether they think that a Cosh mutiny will somehow end OB - then there's no reason to spend any money on anything.

Not sure why some of you think that a movement for wanting Snyder gone has to be so negative.  A reasonable person loves Snyder and appreciates everything he did but knows that we need a clean slate now.  There won't be a "Fire Snyder" banner/billboard.

Fantastic.   I'm glad this is no longer an "intriguing" idea.

What now?
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2010, 12:59:26 PM »
Fantastic.   I'm glad this is no longer an "intriguing" idea.

What now?

Come up with a nice, positive, respectful, polite way to tell OB to GTFO.

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2010, 01:09:08 PM »
Somebody please create a "FIRE CHRIS COSH" Group on facebook!  This would be good for the movement.  Here is some info and pics to get you started:

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=8685.0
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/maryland_terps/blog/2007/10/sunday_conversation.html
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=defense&cat2=Total&conference=I-A_all&year=2010&sort=1108

Why can't you just do it HIT?????  well fb is blocked, so that's why.  I look forward to seeing the group by the end of the day.  Thanks.   :users:
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2010, 01:34:23 PM »
I've been trying to think of some content that would have serious impact on this athletic department & make them a bit more aggressive - all while not getting sued over copyright infringements and I've come up with a line:

"I'd rather spend $2500 on a bill board than watch another Cosh Coached defense"  

Feel free to trade out Cosh for Snyder depending on the message everyone decides their money should go towards.

Typically billboards shouldn't be too wordy and anything more than 10-12 words loses it's impact if you can't read it while driving 70 mph down the road...   perhaps if a location could be scouted by a stop light?  It think throwing up $$ signs along with an actual dollar amount would be enough to get everyone's attention.   Anyone have any other ideas?

How about photos of all of the coaches with "The Game Has Passed Us By and Large"

Sort of a wheel of fortune "before and after."

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2010, 01:35:32 PM »
I will be pissed if they scapegoat Cosh for Snydz senility  :horrorsurprise:

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2010, 01:45:12 PM »
Lets be tacky, why not get the money together and buy a spot on the scoreboard advertising at whatever crappy bowl we go to?

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2010, 01:55:50 PM »
Lets be tacky, why not get the money together and buy a spot on the scoreboard advertising at whatever crappy bowl we go to?

do you have any idea what advertising will run at the new Yankee Stadium!?  pull your head out.  i like where your head's at though. 
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2010, 02:02:01 PM »
http://themercury.com/Help/PlaceAd/

If LeBron can do it, why can't we?????

$1,158.42 for full-page ad for one day.  Half for a half page.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 02:03:48 PM by get_HIT »

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2010, 02:12:42 PM »
I've been trying to think of some content that would have serious impact on this athletic department & make them a bit more aggressive - all while not getting sued over copyright infringements and I've come up with a line:

"I'd rather spend $2500 on a bill board than watch another Cosh Coached defense"  

Feel free to trade out Cosh for Snyder depending on the message everyone decides their money should go towards.

Typically billboards shouldn't be too wordy and anything more than 10-12 words loses it's impact if you can't read it while driving 70 mph down the road...   perhaps if a location could be scouted by a stop light?  It think throwing up $$ signs along with an actual dollar amount would be enough to get everyone's attention.   Anyone have any other ideas?

How about photos of all of the coaches with "The Game Has Passed Us By and Large"

Sort of a wheel of fortune "before and after."

unless you took the photos or purchased the photos from the originating photographer (usually a KSU staff photographer) this would be a huge copyright infringement & I can assure you KSU would have justified means of ordering it be removed.

Not to mention the vendor might refuse to print it without a copyright release

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2010, 02:14:20 PM »

do you have any idea what advertising will run at the new Yankee Stadium!?  pull your head out.  i like.           where your head's at though.  actually I haven't a clue but would be interested to find out...I mean, it will not be the Yankees playing, they may just have a special that day since its going to be a pair of shitty fb teams that no one give a damn about

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2010, 02:18:32 PM »
please learn to quote.  you type after the [/quote] tag

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2010, 02:25:16 PM »
We could actually put the ku sign on I-70 to use....
cans of spray paint isn't that expensive...