Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4690805 times)

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #2125 on: October 06, 2012, 12:41:32 AM »
Anyone catch Joel Goldberg's twitter mishap? Something like "I'm gonna love you and eff you".  His account is currently shut down.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: October 06, 2012, 09:39:02 AM »
Oh my

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: October 06, 2012, 03:34:10 PM »
screencap anyone?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: October 07, 2012, 11:22:34 PM »
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: October 08, 2012, 10:47:52 AM »
Anyone catch Joel Goldberg's twitter mishap? Something like "I'm gonna love you and eff you".  His account is currently shut down.

Deleted the account for 48 hours, then came back and claimed he was hacked.  LOL, he thinks people will believe him

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The Royals
« Reply #2130 on: October 08, 2012, 10:59:09 AM »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: October 08, 2012, 11:41:29 AM »

Deleted the account for 48 hours, then came back and claimed he was hacked.  LOL, he thinks people will believe him

More like he was drunk tweeting during his annual week-long binge after the royals season is over. i mean that's what i would do

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: October 08, 2012, 01:50:53 PM »

More like he was drunk tweeting during his annual week-long binge after the royals season is over. i mean that's what i would do

I am sure he was.  Pretty funny he thinks deleting it helps when it makes it obvious that it wasn't hacked.  He was trying to DM some whore and screwed it up.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: October 31, 2012, 04:13:28 PM »
Ervin Santana   :sdeek:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: October 31, 2012, 04:19:39 PM »
:dubious:

Santana, who turns 30 on Dec. 12, was 9-13 with a 5.16 ERA and allowed a major-league leading 39 home runs.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: October 31, 2012, 05:09:45 PM »
We gave up a guy that we left available for the rule 5 last year, and that is it.  Hopefully it works out.
:adios:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: October 31, 2012, 05:25:37 PM »
i was just being a dick, i'm sort of okay with it. it's at least something. pretty much any pitcher that we CAN get will have plenty of nancy neg's about them

Offline Diamond Dave

• Fan
  • Rock the EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: October 31, 2012, 06:28:16 PM »
Not a bad pickup at all. Gave up essentially nothing in return for a pitcher with above average upside. The league leading 39 homers last year is a bit concerning but his H/9, SO/9, BB/9 and SO/BB ratios all stayed in line. If we don't want to give up an arm and a leg for a decent pitcher, we're going to have to gamble on a few guys coming off of down years or who are a bit questionable. 13M is about right, given the position we're in. DM has said that we're not done. I'd love to add another similar deal (something like Haren) for close to nothing and then add a younger arm for one of our better players and a prospect. Is this wishful thinking? Probably so.

Offline hurtsogood

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: October 31, 2012, 08:33:19 PM »
Santana's numbers in his last 10 or so starts were strong. Can't remember off the top of my head, but something in the high three range. Better than volstad, no doubt. Hopefully we kick hochevar to the curb and go after haren. Would be great to have mendoza, haren, santana, and odorizzi.

I assume this means no guthrie deal?

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: October 31, 2012, 08:55:40 PM »
IMHO, Guthrie is a definite keeper, and let's hope Santana will return to form. I've never been sold on Hochevar, and likely never will be.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: October 31, 2012, 08:57:01 PM »
I liked the deal until I saw how much money he was owed.

Take it away Fangraphs!

The Royals are now on the hook for about $20 million in 2013 to Ervin Santana and Jeff Francoeur. Optimistically, you might think those two can give you +3 wins, maybe +4. The Royals total payroll in 2012 was $64 million. You just can’t spend 1/3 of your payroll on less than five wins and compete unless your payroll is enormous. And even if it is enormous, there are almost certainly better ways to spend $20 million.

Offline hurtsogood

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: October 31, 2012, 09:08:59 PM »
We got cash in the deal, right? I wonder how much.

I like the idea of renting Santana and haren for a year until lamb, duffy and zimmer are ready or close to ready in 2014. Would love Guthrie on a three year deal. Would like anibal sanchez too, but signing a pitcher into his thirties makes me queasy. Santana seemed to be getting it together loward the end of last year, has been solid throughout his career, and is low risk since his deal is short.

That post is longer than I thought it'd be.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: October 31, 2012, 09:49:30 PM »
We got cash in the deal, right? I wonder how much.

1 million

Offline Diamond Dave

• Fan
  • Rock the EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: October 31, 2012, 11:41:55 PM »
Guthrie will be exploring free agency. DM has expressed interest, but also said they both needed to explore their options. I certainly wouldn't mind having Guthrie in the rotation, but the price needs to be right. He made $8 mil this year and I don't think I'd give him much more for that next year. Also, Guthrie is looking for a 3 year deal and DM doesn't want anything over 2.

Another item of note is Soria's $8 mil option for next year being declined. Soria has expressed high interest in staying in KC and DM would like to work out a new, incentive-ridden deal. I could go either way with him. It'd be nice to have the bullpen depth, but we did great without him this year. I really don't think we need him. Definitely not $8 mil need him. But then again, we will most likely be paying Luke Hochevar a ridiculous amount of money next year and we certainly don't need him.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: October 31, 2012, 11:46:37 PM »
I'd like to see DM sign Soria to an incentive loaded contract. If the TJ surgery fixes him, he returns to a dominant closer role. If he's not dominant, he might be good as a set-up man.

Hochevar? He's had his moments, but I cringe whenever he starts. Fourth and fifth innings seem to be his Achilles heel.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: October 31, 2012, 11:50:03 PM »
i don't know what to think. just close our eyes and hope for the best i guess
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: November 01, 2012, 12:23:11 AM »
i don't know what to think. just close our eyes and hope for the best i guess

This, too, is a possibility, considering the Royals' recent history.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: November 01, 2012, 08:21:23 AM »
Guthrie will be exploring free agency. DM has expressed interest, but also said they both needed to explore their options. I certainly wouldn't mind having Guthrie in the rotation, but the price needs to be right. He made $8 mil this year and I don't think I'd give him much more for that next year. Also, Guthrie is looking for a 3 year deal and DM doesn't want anything over 2.

Another item of note is Soria's $8 mil option for next year being declined. Soria has expressed high interest in staying in KC and DM would like to work out a new, incentive-ridden deal. I could go either way with him. It'd be nice to have the bullpen depth, but we did great without him this year. I really don't think we need him. Definitely not $8 mil need him. But then again, we will most likely be paying Luke Hochevar a ridiculous amount of money next year and we certainly don't need him.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa...........lol wut???

Royals were 44/64 in save opportunities. That is completely unacceptable. I hope you're joking.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: November 01, 2012, 08:49:53 AM »
I like that trade

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: November 01, 2012, 09:10:18 AM »

Whoa whoa whoa whoa...........lol wut???

Royals were 44/64 in save opportunities. That is completely unacceptable. I hope you're joking.

SV% was 17th out of 30 teams. They did OK considering we traded away Jonathan 'no save is too easy' Broxton and broke in a new closer. I agree great probably is a little much.
- chunkles