Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4750874 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #2100 on: October 04, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »
Seitzer needed to go, j-dub.

:facepalm: Seitzer is a zit on a tumor. 

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: October 04, 2012, 02:14:16 PM »

Well, the tumor will look much nicer now that that zit is gone. This doesn't solve all of the organization's problems or anything, but I can't imagine why anybody would want the Royals to keep paying the guy to be a shitty batting coach.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: October 04, 2012, 02:18:11 PM »

Well, the tumor will look much nicer now that that zit is gone. This doesn't solve all of the organization's problems or anything, but I can't imagine why anybody would want the Royals to keep paying the guy to be a shitty batting coach.
It's science. People with a clear complexions are able to beat cancer. Have you ever seen Trim?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: October 04, 2012, 02:20:32 PM »

It's science. People with a clear complexions are able to beat cancer. Have you ever seen Trim?

Well, if I had cancer I wouldn't use it as an excuse to just stop washing my face and be disgusting.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: October 04, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »

Well, if I had cancer I wouldn't use it as an excuse to just stop washing my face and be disgusting.
Precisely. Clean that face. Get rid of zits. Beat cancer! GO TEAM!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: October 04, 2012, 02:23:32 PM »

mocat is that you?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: October 04, 2012, 02:32:56 PM »

mocat is that you?

So you wanted to keep Seitzer, despite being a zit? I'm not thrilled about hiring George Brett, either, but at least he's not a proven loser.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: October 04, 2012, 02:43:13 PM »

mocat is that you?

what are you talking about? i am like the champion of the "zit on a tumor" argument for frenchy, pre-this year matt cassel, etc

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: October 04, 2012, 02:43:51 PM »
how bout those A's! :D

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: October 04, 2012, 02:47:31 PM »
i don't know how i feel about the seitzer firing. the royals have been a constantly good/great hitting team last few years in terms of BA, but pretty awful at earning walks. cant get mad at him for lack of HR production, that is just never going to happen for the royals. not being able to figure out hosmer this year has got to be a firable offense though, man. i really really hope they just hire someone who knows how to fix hosmer and teach alcides how to walk

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: October 04, 2012, 02:49:01 PM »

mocat is that you?

So you wanted to keep Seitzer, despite being a zit? I'm not thrilled about hiring George Brett, either, but at least he's not a proven loser.

If the tumor remains (Frenchy, Hoch, not spending money on a starting pitcher, Ned Yost managing like its 1908, not developing young starting pitching, Dayton Moore refusing to look at how the A's and Rays win, horrible batting orders, clinging to a closer rather than maximizing his value in a trade, having an organizational philosophy that is against talking walks and has been for 30 years, having an owner who comes to maybe 20 games a year, having an owner who steals from Jackson County and cares more about a profit than winning) then popping the zit won't due any help in the long term.  Makes you feel like you're fixin' things, but Seitzer is probably 25 or 30 in the list of the team's problems. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: October 04, 2012, 02:51:23 PM »
i don't know how i feel about the seitzer firing. the royals have been a constantly good/great hitting team last few years in terms of BA, but pretty awful at earning walks. cant get mad at him for lack of HR production, that is just never going to happen for the royals. not being able to figure out hosmer this year has got to be a firable offense though, man. i really really hope they just hire someone who knows how to fix hosmer and teach alcides how to walk

Other than Butler, it seems like every big hitter we bring up just struggles under Seitzer's tutelage.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: October 04, 2012, 02:51:29 PM »
mad props to Gordo this year for ending up with a .294/.368/.455 season, with 51 doubles, 14 hr, and a 6.2 WAR, after such a horrendous start. highest WAR on the team, and 5th in AL behind Trout, Cano, Miggy, and Beltre.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: October 04, 2012, 02:52:04 PM »
how bout those A's! :D

If the Royals had half a brain, they'd look at 2 organizations, A's and Rays, and steal everything they're doing.  But we know they'll continue to value bunts and "man strength" and clubhouse chemistry. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: October 04, 2012, 02:52:34 PM »

mocat is that you?

If the tumor remains (Frenchy, Hoch, not spending money on a starting pitcher, Ned Yost managing like its 1908, not developing young starting pitching, Dayton Moore refusing to look at how the A's and Rays win, horrible batting orders, clinging to a closer rather than maximizing his value in a trade, having an organizational philosophy that is against talking walks and has been for 30 years, having an owner who comes to maybe 20 games a year, having an owner who steals from Jackson County and cares more about a profit than winning) then popping the zit won't due any help in the long term.  Makes you feel like you're fixin' things, but Seitzer is probably 25 or 30 in the list of the team's problems.

Wouldn't taking walks be Seitzer's department?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: October 04, 2012, 02:57:45 PM »
I called him a zit dummy.  You still pop the zit.  But the Royals are leaving everything else (specifically Yost and Moore) in place.

How many coaches does Yost get to funnel through the dugout before he gets canned?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: October 04, 2012, 03:00:00 PM »
And walks have been an organizational oversight for 30 years.  Not all of that falls on Seitzer.

http://www.ranyontheroyals.com/2012/09/its-not-fans-who-are-impatient.html

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: October 04, 2012, 03:01:22 PM »
I called him a zit dummy.  You still pop the zit.  But the Royals are leaving everything else (specifically Yost and Moore) in place.

How many coaches does Yost get to funnel through the dugout before he gets canned?

I agree that Yost should go. Glass should also spend more this offseason to get quality pitching. The Royals absolutely deserve tons of criticism for being shitty. I just don't want to criticize them for actually doing something right for a change.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: October 04, 2012, 03:03:04 PM »
And walks have been an organizational oversight for 30 years.  Not all of that falls on Seitzer.

None of that matters. The Royals organization, players, management, coaches, and the game of baseball itself have all undergone massive changes over the last 30 years. The only thing that matters is that the Royals are not nearly patient enough at the plate right now, and something should be done to address that.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: October 04, 2012, 03:05:21 PM »

None of that matters. The Royals organization, players, management, coaches, and the game of baseball itself have all undergone massive changes over the last 30 years. The only thing that matters is that the Royals are not nearly patient enough at the plate right now, and something should be done to address that.

Yep.  Like firing Yost and Moore and releasing Frenchy and Bryan Pena, bringing up Myers, and hiring the Rays entire front office. 

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: October 04, 2012, 03:38:35 PM »
Man, royals offseason is my favorite time of the year. It gives me time to rebuild my hope that maybe, just maybe, we can win next year.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: October 04, 2012, 07:05:37 PM »
Bell! tell your friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, mailman, milkman, etc.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: October 04, 2012, 08:18:48 PM »

I agree that Yost should go. Glass should also spend more this offseason to get quality pitching. The Royals absolutely deserve tons of criticism for being shitty. I just don't want to criticize them for actually doing something right for a change.

i agree. but this was a case of doing the right thing for the wrong reason. and that absolutely deserves criticism.

doing the right thing for the wrong reason will not bring about true, lasting change. it merely allows the cycle to continue.

in the royals case, the cycle is simply - consistent failure.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: October 04, 2012, 08:27:22 PM »
Guys, relax!!!  Next year is OUR TIME
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: October 04, 2012, 08:43:51 PM »
Guys, relax!!!  Next year is OUR TIME

see it's gotten so bad that even the jokes about the slogans are annoying