Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4686788 times)

Offline Matt Siebrant's Left Hand

• Combo-Fan
  • I'm a Cat person
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #8500 on: March 19, 2014, 12:02:26 PM »

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: March 19, 2014, 10:21:29 PM »
Aroldis Chapman was pitching for the Reds, and got KO'ed big time by a line drive from Salvy Perez, apparently right in the face. The game was called.

Damn, it's scary.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: March 19, 2014, 11:17:39 PM »
Scary is an understatement.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: March 20, 2014, 12:09:39 AM »
Holy traps Moose.  Dude is looking powerful.

Moose is the game changer this year. If Gordon, Hos and Perez hit the same clip they did last year and Moose steps up to that level, we'll be pretty salty at the plate. I've been around for years and years of Royals letdown, but this year has be a little :drool:

wet blanket alert.  moose raked in spring training last year .

He didn't have the same physique last year.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8505 on: March 20, 2014, 06:16:23 AM »
PEDs

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: March 20, 2014, 08:52:54 AM »

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: March 20, 2014, 09:42:33 AM »

Our fatest player is our best bat.  FWIW. 

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: March 20, 2014, 10:29:49 AM »

Our fatest player is our best bat.  FWIW.

Hosmer's not fat

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: March 20, 2014, 10:35:19 AM »
PEDs

i sure hope so

I hope that the locker room has them in tablet form and that the team puts them in PEZ dispensers, only they call them PED dispensers, and anyone who doesn't eat all their PEDs gets kicked right off the team.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: March 20, 2014, 04:25:03 PM »

A little late on the pic

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: March 20, 2014, 04:27:07 PM »
Chen looked good other than two HRs. Had lots of batters off balance. Old stud in pujols and young stud in trout each got him. Other hits weren't very hard

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: March 20, 2014, 04:31:47 PM »
good grief there are way too many people there

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: March 20, 2014, 04:36:13 PM »
Yeah it's pretty full. Super nice day and LA had lots of fans for an "away" game

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8514 on: March 20, 2014, 04:52:11 PM »
Donald looks good. Just talked to the director of pro scouting as he stood next to me. Sounds like they may keep him in Omaha. Just had a deep homer

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: March 20, 2014, 11:29:09 PM »
Chen looked good other than two HRs. Had lots of batters off balance. Old stud in pujols and young stud in trout each got him. Other hits weren't very hard

Would either ball have been out of the K?   Chen always gives up a ton of flies.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8516 on: March 21, 2014, 07:57:02 AM »

Would either ball have been out of the K?   Chen always gives up a ton of flies.
Eh maybe. I'd have to look at the field sizes but they were both dead center way up the hill into the bushes

Offline Diamond Dave

• Fan
  • Rock the EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: March 22, 2014, 11:09:54 PM »
I was at that game too, Boom. Good to see gE representing. Donald looked impressive. I'm interested to see what his future looks like here. Trout stroked that one off of Chen to dead center. I'm not sure if the kids on the lawn ended up finding it. Moose at second was... interesting. I sat next to a die hard Nebraska fan who kept going on and on about how they were going to take it to Baylor. Had a good lol.

I went to the split squad game yesterday against the Angels as well. I had heard decent things about Aaron Brooks. He looked good in the first but got roughed up in the second. Granted, it was against the Angels starters. Butler was simply horrendous at first. Booted one that ended up in right field and fumbled one that should have been a fairly routine double play. Thankfully we won't see much, if any, of him over there. Gordon continues to be sexy in every way. Had some good strokes at the plate and a nice little snag in left.

Overall, excited for this season. We have a chance to make a run. Whether we actually do it or not remains to be seen.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: March 23, 2014, 12:20:28 AM »
I was at that game too, Boom. Good to see gE representing. Donald looked impressive. I'm interested to see what his future looks like here. Trout stroked that one off of Chen to dead center. I'm not sure if the kids on the lawn ended up finding it. Moose at second was... interesting. I sat next to a die hard Nebraska fan who kept going on and on about how they were going to take it to Baylor. Had a good lol.

I went to the split squad game yesterday against the Angels as well. I had heard decent things about Aaron Brooks. He looked good in the first but got roughed up in the second. Granted, it was against the Angels starters. Butler was simply horrendous at first. Booted one that ended up in right field and fumbled one that should have been a fairly routine double play. Thankfully we won't see much, if any, of him over there. Gordon continues to be sexy in every way. Had some good strokes at the plate and a nice little snag in left.

Overall, excited for this season. We have a chance to make a run. Whether we actually do it or not remains to be seen.

I feel like Valencia can play first if needed.   I guess we could elect to start Butler at first in NL stadiums but I feel like Hos is past that point...

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: March 23, 2014, 12:25:47 AM »

I feel like Valencia can play first if needed.   I guess we could elect to start Butler at first in NL stadiums but I feel like Hos is past that point...

I think Hos is definitely past that point.

Offline Diamond Dave

• Fan
  • Rock the EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8520 on: March 23, 2014, 05:46:09 PM »

Agreed. But please keep in mind who our manager is.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8521 on: March 23, 2014, 10:55:15 PM »

Agreed. But please keep in mind who our manager is.

Cut the guy some slack.  He's been handcuffed with the young guys.   

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8522 on: March 25, 2014, 08:59:48 PM »
who's ready for 81-81?!!  :emawkid:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile