Author Topic: Drying your jeans  (Read 10700 times)

yoga-like_abana

Re: Drying your jeans
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 10:56:09 AM »
Jeans are not very comfortable and look like crap on most people.  Stop wearing them and save yourselves the apparent headache of washing them.

QFT.  JFC, people.  You are college educated (or presumably soon to be) men.  Dress like it.  
Jeans are for cowboys and coal miners.
I dunno a pair of dark jeans with black dress shoes(non shiny kind) looks pretty snazzy on me, imo.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 11:19:55 AM »
layoff pops, I'm 14 yrs old.  people (cool ones), wear cool jeans, like the ed hardy jeans i showed you above.  don't u see Luis Colon when he wasn't allowed to suit up for games, ya thats what i thoght.

Dignity and self respect are cool at any age.

do denim overalls count?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 11:22:11 AM »
ummmm, jeans are rough ridin' elite.  You know who wears jeans?  Handsome models that smell great.  GTFOOMF with this anti-jeans old mannish talk. 

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 11:36:56 AM »
OK.  Jeans are for cowboys, coal miners and photo shoots, so save your jeans for those purposes, and for mowing the lawn if you can't afford a lawn service.

do denim overalls count?

Obviously the most self-respecting man in that photo is the one wearing the suit.  He is clearly thinking to himself, "Damn I'm successful.  Can't wait to ride out of here on my high horse and get back to my ivory tower.  These guys are losers."

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 11:43:14 AM »
When I'm rich I'm moving somewhere where I can wear shorts 365 days a year.  Can we all agree that shorts dominate pants?

:thumbsup: yeah, and either Nat Nast/Tommy Bahama bowling shirts or dirty t-shirts every day with those shorts. 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 11:46:50 AM »
OK.  Jeans are for cowboys, coal miners and photo shoots, so save your jeans for those purposes, and for mowing the lawn if you can't afford a lawn service.

do denim overalls count?

Obviously the most self-respecting man in that photo is the one wearing the suit.  He is clearly thinking to himself, "Damn I'm successful.  Can't wait to ride out of here on my high horse and get back to my ivory tower.  These guys are losers."
the dude on the left is you, Daddy Claxton... :dunno:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 02:15:25 PM »

That hurts, man.  :embarrassed:   I wouldn't be caught dead in denim or plaid flannel.  I have no idea what that guy has in his hands, but it looks like lots of other people have probably touched it, so I certainly wouldn't put my hands on it. 

I guess it could say "doom" on the other side of that thing he's holding, which would make it likely that it is someone on this board, but certainly not me.  I've seen those people wearing "doom" shirts when they show the KSU crowd on TV, and trust me, that guy in the photo is Tom Selleck in comparison to the doom-shirt guys I've seen.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 03:17:03 PM »
When I'm rich I'm moving somewhere where I can wear shorts 365 days a year.  Can we all agree that shorts dominate pants?

:thumbsup: yeah, and either Nat Nast/Tommy Bahama bowling shirts or dirty t-shirts every day with those shorts. 

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 03:38:14 PM »

That hurts, man.  :embarrassed:   I wouldn't be caught dead in denim or plaid flannel.  I have no idea what that guy has in his hands, but it looks like lots of other people have probably touched it, so I certainly wouldn't put my hands on it. 

I guess it could say "doom" on the other side of that thing he's holding, which would make it likely that it is someone on this board, but certainly not me.  I've seen those people wearing "doom" shirts when they show the KSU crowd on TV, and trust me, that guy in the photo is Tom Selleck in comparison to the doom-shirt guys I've seen.

Tom Selleck wore jeans all the time on Magnum P.I. :dunno:  also, the dude in the picture is Ray Acuff aka Daddy Claxton

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 03:47:17 PM »

Tom Selleck wore jeans all the time on Magnum P.I. :dunno:  also, the dude in the picture is Ray Acuff aka Daddy Claxton

What happens in Hawaii doesn't count.  Roy Acuff is not necessarily "Daddy Claxton".  Kudos to your cleverness, though--you were one step ahead of me. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 05:12:08 PM by Daddy Claxton »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 05:36:58 PM »
get used to it   :cool:

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2010, 05:57:56 PM »
get used to it   :cool:

Whatever.  Go wear your "cool" jeans, you punk.  :curse:

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 09:35:52 AM »
Jeans are a part of my daily attire.

Shorts rob a man of his dignity.  Khakis are ugly.  Suits are expensive (and overkill).  That leaves jeans.
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 09:39:11 AM »

FTMFW

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2010, 11:14:36 AM »

FTMFW

Do you wear the metro belt that sometimes comes with them? The belt is worthless except for those shorts...
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2010, 11:20:59 AM »
Good grief.  Are any of you gainfully employed?  Embarassing for you, really.

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2010, 11:55:40 AM »
Kind of on a tangent, does anyone here have any experience with Levis 501 Shrink to Fits?

If so, is the recommended additional inch in the waist and three inches in the inseam about right?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2010, 11:56:55 AM »
Dryer or air dry or drycleaning??

Had an argument with a dude. He said drying jeans in the dryer doesn't shrink them. I called bullshit...which is why i hang them up. what say you?

This was two dudes arguing? :embarrassed:

some people actually care about their appearance  :flush: :flush:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2010, 11:57:01 AM »

FTMFW

Do you wear the metro belt that sometimes comes with them? The belt is worthless except for those shorts...

Oh yeah.  The belt will only work with said shorts.  It doesn't matter though because every pair basically comes with a belt.  

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2010, 12:31:59 PM »
i prefer the sansabelt jeans/shorts.  belts are passe.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2010, 12:45:40 PM »
i prefer the sansabelt jeans/shorts.  belts are passe.

Depends what I'm wearing it with

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2010, 02:07:19 PM »

FTMFW

oh my goodness yes. with flip flops also. not cheap ones from old navy though. also not super expensive leather ones that just scream "hey, i'm trying really hard over here!". just plain black flipflops w/ good thick cushion.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2010, 02:08:27 PM »

FTMFW

oh my goodness yes. with flip flops also. not cheap ones from old navy though. also not super expensive leather ones that just scream "hey, i'm trying really hard over here!". just plain black flipflops w/ good thick cushion.

I get a new pair of black reefs every summer.  New Black Reef Pak is what I call it. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2010, 02:12:02 PM »

FTMFW

I get a new pair of black reefs every summer.  New Black Reef Pak is what I call it. 

yeah, perfect.

i'm pretty sure that i'm not supposed to be living in kansas.  cold weather where you have to wear shoes and socks and long pants and all that stuff. :chainsaw:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2010, 02:13:14 PM »
i'm pretty sure that i'm not supposed to be living in kansas.  cold weather where you have to wear shoes and socks and long pants and all that stuff. :chainsaw:

Yeah, and long stretches when you can't golf.