Author Topic: (G)Rumblings ...  (Read 34432 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: (G)Rumblings ...
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2010, 08:29:28 PM »
I'm torn on this. But i don't like it.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline jansoni

• Fan
    • View Profile
I beleive this would be another "Grumbling"
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2010, 08:34:40 PM »
If you all didn't see this yet: 

http://jeffgoodman.yardbuster.com

Great.  Better come with your head screwed on, Wally.

Offline AlwaysEMAW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: I beleive this would be another "Grumbling"
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2010, 08:37:25 PM »
If you all didn't see this yet: 

http://jeffgoodman.yardbuster.com

Great.  Better come with your head screwed on, Wally.

godaddy.com link. good job

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2010, 08:41:25 PM »
What do I say when goEMAW kid Cole looks at his schedule poster (the shitty "angry" KSTATEO one, not the goEMAW happy one) and asks who #24 is that he doesn't see play this year?

WHAT DO I SAY?

"Hey goEMAW kid Cole, that's Curtis Kelly, he has been a FP, TC lately and that is why he hasn't been playing.  Think about that next the next time you want to act like a little bitch.  It's a man's game.  Be a man."
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2010, 08:42:39 PM »
Meh. Frank being Frank.  "Buy in or quit" for reals.  Or maybe it should be "buy in or sutton".

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2010, 08:45:26 PM »
What do I say when goEMAW kid Cole looks at his schedule poster (the shitty "angry" KSTATEO one, not the goEMAW happy one) and asks who #24 is that he doesn't see play this year?

WHAT DO I SAY?

"Hey goEMAW kid Cole, that's Curtis Kelly, he has been a FP, TC lately and that is why he hasn't been playing.  Think about that next the next time you want to act like a little bitch.  It's a man's game.  Be a man."

Nicname,

http://sedgwick.kansasbigs.org/become-a-big.aspx

Tell them Trim sent you.

T-Y,

Trim

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2010, 08:53:06 PM »
This looks like a ruse to me.  CK probably has been subpar from an effort and leadership standpoint.  Frank knew that James Madison would pose no real threat so he benched CK.  It obviously had the desired effect as CK has now been performing better in practice, but rather than reinsert CK into the starting line-up Frank is going to milk this for all it's worth and really put the squeeze on CK by threatening to continue the benching for the VT game.  

Either one of two things will happen.

1. And this is more likely. CK will will continue to improve his work ethic in practice out of fear of a second benching.  Frank will then tell CK he is starting on Tuesday sometime before the game, and CK will have an inspired day against the Hokies.

or

2. CK breaks, becomes similar to Dom Sutton.  Is rendered a broken player and either withers away or quits.  

It is about 99 to 1 that option one happens.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline jansoni

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2010, 08:59:19 PM »
HA!  I was trying to save you from getting upset.

Let me try the CORRECT addy:

http://jeffgoodman.yardBARKER.com

You'll probably wish it was just GO DADDY now.
(and maybe this is even old news now....who knows.)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2010, 09:03:24 PM »
(and maybe this is even old news now....who knows.)

Well, everyone here knows.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2010, 09:10:36 PM »
So if CK does not "buy in" and we kick him off the team.  Can we give his scholarship to Peterson?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2010, 09:30:30 PM »
This is probably less about CK and more about other people.  Kind of surprised about the reactions here.  Frank has done this every year.  If you want to enjoy his adorable rants on the court, you have to live with this.  They go together.

He's never done it with a player this good for a game this big.

You know this game is at 3pm on a Tuesday, right?

still, top 25 + we're number 3.  There's a lot of value being in the top 5 for the first few weeks of the season.  Probably more valuable than Elite 8 vs. Sweet 16 or whatever this dumbshit lesson gets us.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2010, 09:42:04 PM »
This is probably less about CK and more about other people.  Kind of surprised about the reactions here.  Frank has done this every year.  If you want to enjoy his adorable rants on the court, you have to live with this.  They go together.

still, top 25 + we're number 3.  There's a lot of value being in the top 5 for the first few weeks of the season.  Probably more valuable than Elite 8 vs. Sweet 16 or whatever this dumbshit lesson gets us.

That's absurd.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2010, 09:44:08 PM »
No it isn't.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2010, 09:45:47 PM »

still, top 25 + we're number 3.  There's a lot of value being in the top 5 for the first few weeks of the season.  Probably more valuable than Elite 8 vs. Sweet 16 or whatever this dumbcac lesson gets us.

this is a very good point and after some diliberation, this will now also be my stance on the matter.

it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2010, 09:48:52 PM »
eff. If you see a guy wearing a Fire Frank shirt at the game Tuesday, thats me.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2010, 09:52:18 PM »
it's only the second game of the year. if we'd happen to lose we still have more than enough time to recover. sooner or later, w/ or w/out ck, our bigs gotta stop playing soft. if they rough ridin' handle their business like they should then we win on tuesday. plus, wally and jamar can't play as bad tues as they did against jm, right? RIGHT!?
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2010, 09:54:48 PM »
Please explain.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2010, 10:00:49 PM »
it's only the second game of the year. if we'd happen to lose we still have more than enough time to recover. sooner or later, w/ or w/out ck, our bigs gotta stop playing soft. if they effing handle their business like they should then we win on tuesday. plus, wally and jamar can't play as bad tues as they did against jm, right? RIGHT!?

Exactly, plus VA Tech is without a top forward, JT Thompson. Now is the time to sit Kelly down, he'll come back strong. Also a good time to really see what Judge can do. We are not losing to VA Tech in the Octagon.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2010, 10:02:26 PM »
Alright I'm ok with it now, conference title and six in a row in march, that's all that matters amirite? :frank:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2010, 10:02:47 PM »
it's only the second game of the year. if we'd happen to lose we still have more than enough time to recover. sooner or later, w/ or w/out ck, our bigs gotta stop playing soft. if they effing handle their business like they should then we win on tuesday. plus, wally and jamar can't play as bad tues as they did against jm, right? RIGHT!?

Exactly, plus VA Tech is without a top forward, JT Thompson. Now is the time to sit Kelly down, he'll come back strong. Also a good time to really see what Judge can do. We are not losing to VA Tech in the Octagon.

don't get me wrong, i want ck to play tuesday. i just don't think it's the end of the world if he doesn't.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2010, 10:04:45 PM »

This is true.  Then again, Frank probably cares more about what he thinks this will get him later (conference wins/tourney wins).  I honestly think 1) that everyone got out their jump to conclusion mat on the actual facts.  2)  It could be a Wally minutes motivator and finally get him a big game  3)  it could get Jamar more minutes/motivator/big game 4) it might be a Pullen motivator/challenge

Will I be disappointed if we lose?  Yes.  But CBE in KC is much, much more important/worrying right now.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2010, 10:09:15 PM »

Like we wouldn't lose to ISU/OSU last season?  Pretty Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) talking point.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2010, 10:22:44 PM »
The only in season value in being ranked high in the preseason or early portion of the season is that a few losses here and there don't hurt your seeding as much as a loss to a team that is ranked lower.  

Being ranked in the preseason is also nice because it shows that a team has earned respect, and a reputation, and a coach can tell a recruit "you see, we've been Sweet 16 two years in a row, and now we're top 5 heading into this season, but we could really use a man like you to help get us into the final four..blah blah blah."  It also earns you much needed publicity.

Other than that there is little value in being ranked highly in the preseason.  Sure, you might say that #1 seeds are much of the time highly ranked in preseason polls, but that is because they are great basketball teams, not because of any preseason ranking.

In 2009 the preseason top ten included was 1. KU, 2. Mich. St., 3. Texas, 4. UK, 5. Nova, 6. UNC, 7. Purdue, 8. WVU, 9. Duke, 10. Tenn and Butler was #11.  Can someone please tell me the valuable role, other than what I described earlier, that being ranked highly in the preseason played for these teams?  Because, I don't see it.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2010, 10:24:39 PM »

Like we wouldn't lose to ISU/OSU last season?  Pretty Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) talking point.

If all I said was "we are not losing", then yes.  :users:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2010, 10:31:31 PM »
The only in season value in being ranked high in the preseason or early portion of the season is that a few losses here and there don't hurt your seeding as much as a loss to a team that is ranked lower.  

Being ranked in the preseason is also nice because it shows that a team has earned respect, and a reputation, and a coach can tell a recruit "you see, we've been Sweet 16 two years in a row, and now we're top 5 heading into this season, but we could really use a man like you to help get us into the final four..blah blah blah."  It also earns you much needed publicity.

Other than that there is little value in being ranked highly in the preseason.  Sure, you might say that #1 seeds are much of the time highly ranked in preseason polls, but that is because they are great basketball teams, not because of any preseason ranking.

In 2009 the preseason top ten included was 1. KU, 2. Mich. St., 3. Texas, 4. UK, 5. Nova, 6. UNC, 7. Purdue, 8. WVU, 9. Duke, 10. Tenn and Butler was #11.  Can someone please tell me the valuable role, other than what I described earlier, that being ranked highly in the preseason played for these teams?  Because, I don't see it.

Media coverage/exposure.  Pretty much all I think it is worth.  Different debate about how valuable that is, but making espn highlights/national talking points is definitely top 5 territory, particularly when we are going up against the zags/duke.