Author Topic: McRib  (Read 5349 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: McRib
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2023, 11:29:22 PM »
Hmm, I agree with BAC. Business has a purely financial connotation to me while company includes things like ethics
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2023, 04:12:14 PM »
All this McDonald's business savvy talk made me think about the movie "The Founder".  Anybody else see that movie?  (x-post movies thread)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2023, 04:58:38 PM »
All this McDonald's business savvy talk made me think about the movie "The Founder".  Anybody else see that movie?  (x-post movies thread)

I think several reviews have been posted in the Movies thread and IIRC it made everyone strongly dislike or hate Ray Kroc's guts.  But the McRib is still great, you gotta separate art from the artist sometimes.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2023, 07:29:40 PM »

I think several reviews have been posted in the Movies thread and IIRC it made everyone strongly dislike or hate Ray Kroc's guts.  But the McRib is still great, you gotta separate art from the artist sometimes.

No ethical consumption under capitalism etc etc

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2023, 02:37:54 AM »
Hope you McRib lovers are aware that they are made the same way chicken McNuggets are made, that is pig scraps.  All the nasty crap that no one would eat is cooked and formed to make the McRib.  Yum, yum.  :Ugh:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2023, 08:31:51 AM »
Hope you McRib lovers are aware that they are made the same way chicken McNuggets are made, that is pig scraps.  All the nasty crap that no one would eat is cooked and formed to make the McRib.  Yum, yum.  :Ugh:

That's what makes it so tender.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2023, 09:11:59 AM »

Proud member of using the whole animal and less waste.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2023, 11:31:36 AM »

Proud member of using the whole animal and less waste.

It's boneless pork shoulder, not scraps or trimmings. Boston butt with the shoulder blade removed then ground and formed into the McRib. Scraps and trimmings all go to bologna or hot dogs.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk