Author Topic: McRib  (Read 5348 times)

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: McRib
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2010, 08:58:03 PM »
the plant where they make the mcrib is down here.  you don't wanna know how it is made, you'll never eat it again.   :barf:

I hated them when they first came out. Then I found out why.................

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2010, 09:10:20 PM »
the mcrib is one of the greatest marketing campaigns of all time.  Consider this....the largest fast food chain in the world sells a bbq sandwich that's relatively popular, but not the best seller by any means.....so they decide to shelf it, and once a year they bring it back for a while and promote the hell out of it, and people gobble that crap up.  It has gone from a so-so sandwich to some sort of pop culture icon.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2010, 09:14:24 PM »
Disney does the same thing with some of their movies.  No one gives a eff about buying Cinderella until the start advertising that it's "going back in the vault" for some inordinate amount of time.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 09:37:11 PM »
I guess the McRib is the Cadbury Egg of fast food sandwiches.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2010, 09:38:38 PM »
excellent comparison, imo

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2010, 10:22:24 PM »
the mcrib is one of the greatest marketing campaigns of all time.  Consider this....the largest fast food chain in the world sells a bbq sandwich that's relatively popular, but not the best seller by any means.....so they decide to shelf it, and once a year they bring it back for a while and promote the hell out of it, and people gobble that crap up.  It has gone from a so-so sandwich to some sort of pop culture icon.

Yep, and let's be frank, if you don't like the McRib at least enough to get one every time it is re-released then you probably a loser and smell bad as well.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2010, 11:08:41 AM »
the plant where they make the mcrib is down here.  you don't wanna know how it is made, you'll never eat it again.   :barf:

Imagine the video "Two Girls One Cup"  in a meat production facility and you have mcribs/chicken nuggets/processed formed meat products.   :barf:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2010, 11:10:56 AM »
meh, alot of the crap we eat is disgustingly put together. As long as I don't see it, i'm alright.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2010, 11:12:18 AM »
meh, alot of the crap we eat is disgustingly put together. As long as I don't see it, i'm alright.

I have to see it...  :frown:

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2010, 11:49:29 AM »

I have to see it... I'm an illegal alien working in a McDonalds McRib sweatshop. :frown:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2010, 12:23:35 PM »
To be fair, McD's could put BBQ sauce and those onions on pretty much anything, and half their customers would shovel it in and declare it delicious. 

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2010, 12:24:33 PM »
To be fair, McD's could put BBQ sauce and those onions on pretty much anything, and half their customers would shovel it in and declare it delicious. 

Yeah, that BBQ sauce is pretty wonderful.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2010, 12:58:14 PM »

I have to see it... I'm an illegal alien working in a McDonalds McRib sweatshop. :frown:

Close  :dunno:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2010, 01:44:57 PM »
Had one a little over an hour ago.  As always, it was a pleasant dining experience.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2010, 01:52:01 PM »
Yeah, I had my first one ever last night. It was ok, but it is crazy how it is just like the meat around ribs but there are no ribs. :ck:

As much as I love McRibs, this has always been kind of WTF for me.  Why do they bother making the rib shapes in the rib patty thing?  Still fricking delicious though.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2010, 01:53:28 PM »
Yeah, I had my first one ever last night. It was ok, but it is crazy how it is just like the meat around ribs but there are no ribs. :ck:

As much as I love McRibs, this has always been kind of WTF for me.  Why do they bother making the rib shapes in the rib patty thing?  Still fricking delicious though.

QT used to have a pork sandwich that tasted pretty much exactly the same, except it was just a regular patty shape.  Not sure if they still sell them or not, I'll have to do some investigating.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2010, 01:57:13 PM »

QT used to have a pork sandwich that tasted pretty much exactly the same, except it was just a regular patty shape.  Not sure if they still sell them or not, I'll have to do some investigating.

QT used to have awesome burgers.  Something changed.  Now they suck.  Please investigate this simultaneously.  TIA

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2010, 03:48:52 PM »
the plant where they make the mcrib is down here.  you don't wanna know how it is made, you'll never eat it again.   :barf:
I'm guessing they take a bunch of pork remnants and puree them, then flavor the paste with an artificial pork flavor, add preservatives, maybe some thickeners, then shape the patties into McRibs
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 03:56:47 PM by AbeFroman »

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2010, 04:23:57 PM »
That double pork puree is pretty damn tasty.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2010, 02:29:13 PM »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2023, 03:57:36 AM »

So much for the last dance.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2023, 05:33:42 PM »
One of my buddies bought like 40 of these things and freezes them for later use. He maybe a little insane.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2023, 05:47:21 PM »
One of my buddies bought like 40 of these things and freezes them for later use. He maybe a little insane.

That sounds really gross. But perhaps I have low freezing IQ.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2023, 06:19:38 PM »
We talkin bun freezing ITT?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best