Author Topic: ksu ladycats  (Read 192335 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: ksu ladycats
« Reply #825 on: April 15, 2014, 01:43:47 PM »
Romero seeks transfer from K-State
Athletic Department says, 'No Way!'

“I think I have the right to transfer, if (K-State) has the right to change what I came for — the coaching staff,” said Romero, who led the Wildcats in points (14.2), rebounds (5.8) and assists (5.0) per game last season.

Romero’s transfer, however, won’t be easy. According to Romero, K-State rejected her initial request for a release, which would have allowed her to transfer to another school and sit out a year while under a new scholarship.

It is K-State’s athletic department policy to not grant release requests, “except for the most compelling of circumstances which place an undue burden on the student athlete.”
- See more at: http://themercury.com/articles/romero-seeks-transfer-from-k-state#sthash.FT9w6l1e.dpuf

http://themercury.com/articles/romero-seeks-transfer-from-k-state
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:03:39 PM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 15, 2014, 01:59:51 PM »
welp, any chance for improvement just took a drastic crap......
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 15, 2014, 02:21:28 PM »
feels bad

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 15, 2014, 02:29:12 PM »
We are really bad at keeping our best returners on our basketball teams.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 15, 2014, 03:19:07 PM »
Do you really want a player on your team who doesn't want to be there? Seems like it's just making everybody's life harder than it needs to be
I'm purple down

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 15, 2014, 03:36:08 PM »
Do you really want a player on your team who doesn't want to be there? Seems like it's just making everybody's life harder than it needs to be

Gotta squeeze every last bit of juice out of that orange unless that orange is a senior leader who's playing in his final NCAA tournament.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 15, 2014, 04:47:12 PM »
Man eff John Currie, what a piece of crap.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 15, 2014, 04:54:01 PM »
Just threw a twitter molotov cocktail at the sack of crap athletic director of Kansas State, felt good. Now I'm going after the president.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 15, 2014, 07:34:57 PM »
yeah that seems weird. they let angel do it, did they let him just because of the 'closer to home' thing?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 15, 2014, 07:37:15 PM »
yeah that seems weird. they let angel do it, did they let him just because of the 'closer to home' thing?

She said they gave her the same option they gave Angel.  Stick around one year then if you still want to leave they'll grant the release. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 15, 2014, 07:38:29 PM »

She said they gave her the same option they gave Angel.  Stick around one year then if you still want to leave they'll grant the release.

oh. guess i didn't realize angel played an entire year while he hated us. :frown:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 15, 2014, 07:49:37 PM »

oh. guess i didn't realize angel played an entire year while he hated us. :frown:

Yea, I didn't realize that we strong armed him to stay. Damn John is a monster.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 15, 2014, 07:54:30 PM »
Man, Erica Young and Breanna Lewis clearly upset at Romero on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Newyork_next

https://twitter.com/BeeJayyElle

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 15, 2014, 08:25:07 PM »
Man, Erica Young and Breanna Lewis clearly upset at Romero on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Newyork_next

https://twitter.com/BeeJayyElle

REALITY ?@BeeJayyElle  1h
If my "friend" can lie to my face that's never my friend all friendship ties are OVER! @LeticiaRomero95

REALITY ?@BeeJayyElle  51m
When you realize a persons true colors. pic.twitter.com/oFYLZh4WLj

:sdeek:
Erica's tweets have a whole bunch of emojis and don't make sense without them.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 15, 2014, 09:06:45 PM »
WTF? Why is Erica so mad? I don't feel like Breanna is mad at Leti. Some other rando took a shot at Leti and Breanna mushed her. Is Breanna reacting to Erica's reaction?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: April 15, 2014, 09:09:17 PM »

That can't possibly be accurate. If it were true oscar is a really convincing liar and I don't think oscar is a liar.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 15, 2014, 11:06:04 PM »
Had a feeling this was going to happen when they fired Deb.

Oh well, shes not the smartest of players if she committed solely on the coaching staff. Its a big no-no  :nono:
@Trogdor_gE

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 15, 2014, 11:20:04 PM »

Oh well, shes not the smartest of players if she committed solely on the coaching staff. Its a big no-no  :nono:

I like you as a poster but man, you have to stop dumbing down these threads. Like literally every player ever commits to the coach, that's why coaches do the recruiting. The provost, deans, and professors don't recruit athletes.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 15, 2014, 11:33:00 PM »

I like you as a poster but man, you have to stop dumbing down these threads. Like literally every player ever commits to the coach, that's why coaches do the recruiting. The provost, deans, and professors don't recruit athletes.

Agreed, MIR, about these commitments. Players gravitate almost exclusively to the coaches. (Rudy Ruettiger is the exception to the rule--he would have walked on at ND (yes, no scholarship) even if Ron Prince was the coach. And I suspect that Shalee would have come to KSU without regard to who the coaches were).

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 15, 2014, 11:34:40 PM »

That's my personal problem with a majority of student athletes.

When I was being recruited for football (SPOILER, true story), I was having a conversation with some players on the team. Nice guys, they asked me how I liked the visit. I responded with the obvious "Like the campus, the people" and what not. Then I mentioned how I liked the coaching staff. Dude said that I shouldn't commit to play based no that because  you don't know whose going to be there next year, or the year after that. And if changes come, then your either going to be stuck in the same situation as Romero, or you are going miserable playing somewhere you don't want to.

Basically, someone should commit based on things that wont change or that can only improve, i.e. facilities, the fans, etc.

I think a lot of athletes are dumb imo. Crap like this happens.

P.S you're a real bro btw, MIR
@Trogdor_gE

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 15, 2014, 11:44:07 PM »

When I was being recruited for football (SPOILER, true story), I was having a conversation with some players on the team. Nice guys, they asked me how I liked the visit. I responded with the obvious "Like the campus, the people" and what not. Then I mentioned how I liked the coaching staff. Dude said that I shouldn't commit to play based no that because  you don't know whose going to be there next year, or the year after that. And if changes come, then your either going to be stuck in the same situation as Romero, or you are going miserable playing somewhere you don't want to.

Basically, someone should commit based on things that wont change or that can only improve, i.e. facilities, the fans, etc.

How could they not commit to these coaches when it is the coaches who develop relationships with the players and the player's patents? The entire system and process is designed for the players to first and foremost consider the coaches who recruit them.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 15, 2014, 11:47:45 PM »

How could they not commit to these coaches when it is the coaches who develop relationships with the players and the player's patents? The entire system and process is designed for the players to first and foremost consider the coaches who recruit them.

I'm not saying it should be totally brushed off. People make the difference. Im saying you should weigh all other aspects too, and not solely lean on the coaches. Now she is wanting to go rebuild in a new setting, with new people, coaches, and teammates.
@Trogdor_gE

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 16, 2014, 10:12:35 AM »
Romero has an appeal hearing today, I'm not sure who hears her case or when they make the decision, but at least there is another avenue for to get a release (I'm still in the Currie should have just let her go when she asked camp though)
I'm purple down

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 16, 2014, 02:34:26 PM »

I'm not saying it should be totally brushed off. People make the difference. Im saying you should weigh all other aspects too, and not solely lean on the coaches. Now she is wanting to go rebuild in a new setting, with new people, coaches, and teammates.

Agreed

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 18, 2014, 08:00:30 PM »