Author Topic: ksu ladycats  (Read 188950 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: ksu ladycats
« Reply #750 on: March 19, 2014, 09:50:43 AM »
the resident debites are not going to take that very well

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 19, 2014, 09:51:45 AM »

@HotForDebDeb is furious

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 19, 2014, 09:52:47 AM »

@HotForDebDeb is furious

:lol:

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 19, 2014, 11:05:41 AM »
MIR, you need to relax.....

on paper, he may have the same credentials as Deb, but at a savings of 40%........so, that seems like a good business move to me. His first couple of years in the big twelve has been an adjustment, but that should be expected coming into a major WBB conference.  Lets see, Deb has been in the big 8/12 for 18 years, and how has her last 2 years been?

I hope he keeps Shalee on board though

Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 19, 2014, 11:59:19 AM »
If he had $ in mind when he fired Deb I'd sincerely hope he would heavily weigh revenue producing impact over the coaches salary. This hire makes me think he wasn't thinking about money because this certainly won't make a massive splash with season ticket sales in the short term.

There will be an increase in season tickets just from having Deb no longer being the head coach. Nearly every season ticket holder who gave up their tickets listed Deb as main reason why.

what was the reason season ticket holders gave for giving up their tickets when Frank left?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 19, 2014, 12:12:46 PM »
i still think kstate and ku got together five years ago and made an actual binding agreement w/ a notary and all, that stated ku had to start sucking in fball and kstate had to start sucking in bb. or at least not trying hard or something similar. like the gov was like ok dorks, you get bball and you get fball and whatever happens w/ the rest happens.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #756 on: March 19, 2014, 01:04:13 PM »

on paper, he may have the same credentials as Deb, but at a savings of 40%........so, that seems like a good business move to me. His first couple of years in the big twelve has been an adjustment, but that should be expected coming into a major WBB conference.  Lets see, Deb has been in the big 8/12 for 18 years, and how has her last 2 years been?

I don't know what Deb's escalations were, but Mittie is getting a $25k bump every year.  That 40% savings you speak of may decrease.  So, he will be at $500k at the end of the deal.

Now that I've read a little more, this doesn't feel like money as much as Currie using the Weber method of hiring guy that will have similar success for a similar price.  The difference is that the guy fits more of what Currie wants and has as his vision of a model intercollegiate whatever.

I don't have an issue with Mittie.  He seems like the aw shucks kind of guy our fans will eat up.  My observation is that WBB fans are more local than national, so hiring a guy from Blue Springs with a wife from Junk Town fits that mold of a coach that will be able to sell that connection to the local base.

I don't know how I feel about hiring a guy instead of a woman.  Men can get coaching jobs coaching MBB, but that isn't true for women.  I'd rather women coach WBB for that reason, as it feels like men steal their opportunities there, but that's a preference and not a strong opinion.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 19, 2014, 01:04:32 PM »
Mittie Mittie bang bang, we love you

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 19, 2014, 01:54:24 PM »
All things remaining the same, looks like we just went from a $2.7 million dollar a year loss from WBB, to about a $2.4 million dollar loss.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 19, 2014, 02:22:28 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 19, 2014, 02:51:14 PM »
Come jump in my arms Mitt!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 19, 2014, 02:55:14 PM »
Mitties Mosh Pittie!

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 19, 2014, 03:10:28 PM »
All things remaining the same, looks like we just went from a $2.7 million dollar a year loss from WBB, to about a $2.4 million dollar loss.

oh man, MIR is gonna give it to you.   :popcorn:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 19, 2014, 03:56:04 PM »
If he had $ in mind when he fired Deb I'd sincerely hope he would heavily weigh revenue producing impact over the coaches salary. This hire makes me think he wasn't thinking about money because this certainly won't make a massive splash with season ticket sales in the short term.

There will be an increase in season tickets just from having Deb no longer being the head coach. Nearly every season ticket holder who gave up their tickets listed Deb as main reason why.

And boom goes the dynamite!

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 19, 2014, 04:57:24 PM »
I wonder how much money we'd save by canning Sue Fritz? 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: March 19, 2014, 06:48:24 PM »

Well yeah, that isn't surprising at all. There are people who also have tickets who were very upset at Deb being fired. There is no guarantee the people who have up their tickets will come back just as it's entirely possible that people will drop because Deb was fired or Mittie was hired.

My point is that if this was revenue driven, it clearly wasn't, there are available candidates that would have sold a hell of a lot more tickets for the '14-'15 season. It isn't a very controversial or earth shattering stance at all.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 19, 2014, 06:52:08 PM »

shut up, just shut up, damnit SHUT UP. Do people say stupid crap just to test my patience?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 19, 2014, 06:54:44 PM »

oh man, MIR is gonna give it to you.   :popcorn:

we agree on this you hunchedback mouthbreather

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 19, 2014, 07:58:34 PM »

Title IX  :Woot:
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 19, 2014, 10:32:17 PM »

Title IX  :Woot:

shut up.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 20, 2014, 08:49:26 AM »
HEY, must be the Mitt-AY!

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 20, 2014, 11:45:36 AM »
Guys, is it just me or does does Jeff Mittie remind anyone else of a United States President?  He just has that "look" about him.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152276060454455&id=85579369454&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fkansasstate.rivals.com%2Fshowmsg.asp&_rdr
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 20, 2014, 02:24:13 PM »

Now do this for the men's tickets that we are hemorrhaging.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 20, 2014, 04:09:49 PM »
Catfan28 is reporting on 2 other boards that Shalee is not staying :shakesfist:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason