Author Topic: Fire LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread  (Read 64226 times)

Offline Tannoudji

• Fan
  • Rev 14:9
    • View Profile
Re: Fire LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread
« Reply #450 on: November 20, 2010, 08:14:22 PM »
This place is a joke.  Talk about a complete lack of perspective.  Two years ago we were the worst team in the Big XII, now we are competitive in every game but one (against a Top Ten team at that!).  Until Jesse Jackson's players are out of the system, this team will hover around the middle of the conference.

Tyrannis Seditio, Obsequium Deo

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 20, 2010, 08:15:26 PM »
Chings-  USF was ranked #2 in the 7th week, after beating #17 Auburn and #5 WVU.  Yeah, they did lose the next three but the finished 9-3 and ranked #21.  Doesn't sound bad for a team in it's 3rd year in the FBS.

Is Charlie Weis a good college football head coach?  Because he would be a homeless man's Charlie Weis.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 20, 2010, 08:19:07 PM »
Can't really see the correlation between Weis and Leavitt. Actually, they appear to be practically exact opposites.  Little help here?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 20, 2010, 08:32:00 PM »
Can't really see the correlation between Weis and Leavitt. Actually, they appear to be practically exact opposites.  Little help here?

good co-coordinators, very dece recruiters.  terrible coaches.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 20, 2010, 08:35:38 PM »
And KK goes full-Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Again.

Offline jdagg2003

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 20, 2010, 08:36:12 PM »
Frank martin

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 20, 2010, 08:37:59 PM »
And KK goes full-Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Again.

I mean I would love to get Charlie Weis, but Leavitt would be awful.  Just terrible.  Really the only reason anyone gives a crap about him, is because he used to coach here.  Think about that.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 20, 2010, 08:41:14 PM »
I want him because he did a very good job at USF.  But you're blind to this because of your presription Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) glasses.  I mean, no one is this stupid without making a conscious effort.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 20, 2010, 08:42:44 PM »
And KK goes full-Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Again.

I mean I would love to get Charlie Weis, but Leavitt would be awful.  Just terrible.  Really the only reason anyone gives a crap about him, is because he used to coach here.  Think about that.

Exactly, and the used to coach thing is going to be more of a negative than a positive with Currie leading the search.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 20, 2010, 08:45:31 PM »
Don't want Ruffin.  He looks like a black Grimace.  Hoke wouldn't be a terrible hire, except for the parallels with Gill.  Wouldn't be pissed but wouldn't want to look at him unless the other options have already said no.  Getting a good coach here is going to be more difficult than most of you think.  The last times KSU and KU have went coach shopping, most of our initial targets told us to get mumped.  Not sure why it would be any different now.  (And Patterson is obviously not even a possibilty now, even without Fitzinformation.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 20, 2010, 08:51:44 PM »
If Mike Leach never won a division title at TT, do you think he would do it in Manhattan?

Edit: I'm not saying he would or wouldn't, just wondering what people think. 

no, i do not think he will win a division title at KSU. 

Aren't divisions done as of the end of this year?  Everyone playing everyone next year, right?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 20, 2010, 08:53:12 PM »
If Mike Leach never won a division title at TT, do you think he would do it in Manhattan?

Edit: I'm not saying he would or wouldn't, just wondering what people think. 

no, i do not think he will win a division title at KSU. 

Aren't divisions done as of the end of this year?  Everyone playing everyone next year, right?

:horrorsurprise:

Offline ksudrew

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 20, 2010, 09:06:01 PM »
This place is a joke.  Talk about a complete lack of perspective.  Two years ago we were the worst team in the Big XII, now we are competitive in every game but one (against a Top Ten team at that!).  Until Jesse Jackson's players are out of the system, this team will hover around the middle of the conference.

nwjws (not what jesus would say)

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 20, 2010, 09:30:26 PM »

would not be too upset w/ Leavitt.  biggest downside is the perpetuation of the myth that only Snyder or one of his proteges could be successful here.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 20, 2010, 09:47:28 PM »
Don't want Ruffin.  He looks like a black Grimace.  Hoke wouldn't be a terrible hire, except for the parallels with Gill.  Wouldn't be pissed but wouldn't want to look at him unless the other options have already said no.  Getting a good coach here is going to be more difficult than most of you think.  The last times KSU and KU have went coach shopping, most of our initial targets told us to get mumped.  Not sure why it would be any different now.  (And Patterson is obviously not even a possibilty now, even without Fitzinformation.

I would cut off a toe for Hoke. An important one, not just the pinky.  What are "the other options"? Not that Hoke would ever  be an option.
an important one!!!

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 20, 2010, 09:54:37 PM »
I liked Rusty's suggestion of Malzahn and Fedora.  I would want them interviewed before Hoke.  Since Currie does have SEC ties, they may well be possible targets.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 20, 2010, 09:56:30 PM »
i'm loving JT's metaphors and similes in this thread.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 20, 2010, 10:20:47 PM »
True story. Sometimes when I read this thread I actually think that the old man is really gone and we actually have a shot at some of the guys being suggested.  :frown:  then I come to my senses and realize Bill is going to continue tearing this fracker all the way down.  :barf:

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 20, 2010, 10:28:42 PM »
I just can't think of anyone we are going to be able to hire that is better than Snyder.  I'd rather be where we're at right now than where we were 3 yrs ago and I am terrified we're going to end up with some douchebag like Prince again.

I'm afraid of this too, but 6-7 win seasons can be had pretty easily.  our def is just as bad as under prince, the recruiting is equal at best to prince, the only difference is the big 12 is down and Bill has gotten a few extra wins out of it.

I have faith that this regime can find a more proven coach than the cluster we had back in '05 running the show.  at worst we find someone who could equal what Snyder is doing now IMO. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 20, 2010, 10:35:05 PM »
I really don't think Fedora/Malzahn are far fetched scenarios.  There aren't going to be many big school openings this year (unless Michigan/Georgia), wouldn't be a bad year to make a run at someone.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 20, 2010, 11:04:01 PM »
Malzahn only makes $500,000 at Auburn. We should triple that without thinking twice.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 20, 2010, 11:09:54 PM »
I was thinking the same thing.  Anybody know what we pay our assistants?  Doubt we would get much of a coach unless we're willing to pay well for his staff.

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 20, 2010, 11:46:09 PM »
Nubb is playing for a shot at the CCG in 20 minutes and HP is trolling KSU message boards.  What a effing tool that guy is.
Hey shithead, you still haven't answered the question! Why are you holding 2 signs?

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 20, 2010, 11:49:00 PM »
Nubb is playing for a shot at the CCG in 20 minutes and HP is trolling KSU message boards.  What a effing tool that guy is.
Hey cachead, you still haven't answered the question! Why are you holding 2 signs?

Your team lost tonight and was embarrassed by their coach, who shoulder checked a mother.  How do you feel about that?
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 20, 2010, 11:51:28 PM »
Hey cachead, you still haven't answered the question! Why are you holding 2 signs?

Your team lost tonight and was embarrassed by their coach, who shoulder checked a mother.  How do you feel about that?
:dunno: