Author Topic: Anyone else getting tired of the Nat'l press on our nuts?  (Read 2756 times)

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Anyone else getting tired of the Nat'l press on our nuts?
« on: October 27, 2011, 12:23:36 PM »
At first I felt like :gocho: and here we go again :driving:.  But now it's like I get bothered by people at work who know I'm a K-State guy asking me, "hey, you see that article about KSU on the front page of so and so" or :blah: "man, you must feel great with K-State being in the top 10 and The Miracle in Manhattan 2.0 blah, blah, blah :blah:."  I can't get anything done.  I've even had several people honk at me while I've been driving the last several weeks giving me a thumbs up sign obviously from seeing my KSU license plate thingy.  That's just dangerous.  Have to be honest, it's almost made me wish I was a KU fan because people don't even bother those dopes because they feel so sorry for them for sucking so bad.  Is it just me?  I guess I'll try and get up for this game knowing that ESPN will basically dedicate half of Gameday slobbering all over us.  If anyone has some spare xanax please pm me.  tia.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else getting tired of the Nat'l press on our nuts?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 12:31:32 PM »
  :dubious:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 01:31:37 PM »
That's a great point I_have_purplewood.  This summer my wife and I decided to get a landline despite not having one for several years (kids, emergencies, yada yada).  Anyway, since we beat Miami, and now that we're on another one of these historical runs, our relatives from all over just keep calling us...enough that we've had to take the phone off the hook on Sunday's, or when the new ranking's come out on Monday's.  I mean I'm flattered that we're getting this kind of attention, but we just can't get anything done.  Just this last Saturday my Norte Dame family called after their game with USC to tell us good game, bla bla bla.  Then they called on Sunday to apologize for not beating USC and losing Gameday for us.  It just never stops.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline docpoke

• Cow Poke'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 03:23:03 PM »
At first I felt like :gocho: and here we go again :driving:.  But now it's like I get bothered by people at work who know I'm a K-State guy asking me, "hey, you see that article about KSU on the front page of so and so" or :blah: "man, you must feel great with K-State being in the top 10 and The Miracle in Manhattan 2.0 blah, blah, blah :blah:."  I can't get anything done.  I've even had several people honk at me while I've been driving the last several weeks giving me a thumbs up sign obviously from seeing my KSU license plate thingy.  That's just dangerous.  Have to be honest, it's almost made me wish I was a KU fan because people don't even bother those dopes because they feel so sorry for them for sucking so bad.  Is it just me?  I guess I'll try and get up for this game knowing that ESPN will basically dedicate half of Gameday slobbering all over us.  If anyone has some spare xanax please pm me.  tia.
:blush:
Being a Orange bleeding Cowboy I can truly associate with your emotions.  I am a little jealous about the "miracle in Manhatthan", nobody seems to think anything in Stillwater.  I hope with all my heart that you take down the sooners.  Go Cats!

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 03:24:31 PM »
they'll dump us like a cheap trick if lose Saturday.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 03:26:20 PM »
Being a Orange bleeding Cowboy I can truly associate with your emotions.  I am a little jealous about the "miracle in Manhatthan", nobody seems to think anything in Stillwater.  I hope with all my heart that you take down the sooners.  Go Cats!

eff off
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 03:41:38 PM »

Thanks for your kind words. I also hope that we take down the sooners. It should be a great matchup next weekend.

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 03:43:04 PM »

YOU just make sure you don't lose to Baylor!

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 04:02:29 PM »
That's a great point I_have_purplewood.  This summer my wife and I decided to get a landline despite not having one for several years (kids, emergencies, yada yada).  Anyway, since we beat Miami, and now that we're on another one of these historical runs, our relatives from all over just keep calling us...enough that we've had to take the phone off the hook on Sunday's, or when the new ranking's come out on Monday's.  I mean I'm flattered that we're getting this kind of attention, but we just can't get anything done.  Just this last Saturday my Norte Dame family called after their game with USC to tell us good game, bla bla bla.  Then they called on Sunday to apologize for not beating USC and losing Gameday for us.  It just never stops.

I had to stop wearing my KSU class ring out of fear of being associated with the 'Cats and having to take precious time to accept congratulations, and to field the occasional offer of NSA sex from women who graduated from ku.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 04:13:17 PM »

Sorry the national media doesn't really focus on the 'pokes too much, doc.  'Cats are America's Team and we can't do much about it.  :dunno:

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 04:30:22 PM »

YOU just make sure you don't lose to Baylor!

I'm worried about this.  RG3 was just about perfect when they played us.  If he does that against OSU, I don't know if they will survive.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 04:46:19 PM »
Rece Davis is in love with using EMAW. First in the highlights last week..now in his gameday preview column. Needs to drop the explanation though.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/notebook/_/page/gamedayKickoff119/week-9-preview
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline prome05

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 05:14:54 PM »
Rece Davis is in love with using EMAW. First in the highlights last week..now in his gameday preview column. Needs to drop the explanation though.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/notebook/_/page/gamedayKickoff119/week-9-preview

Has anyone ever seen a scarier picture of Bill?

Offline thebigcatbowski

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 05:19:54 PM »