Author Topic: Rekindling the previously kindled NEW COURT DESIGN discussion  (Read 147638 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Rekindling the previously kindled NEW COURT DESIGN discussion
« Reply #575 on: August 29, 2011, 04:58:51 PM »
I'm not necessarily against whoring out the floor for advertising space, but is Briggs really the best we can do? With all of the nationally televised games we have played over the last few years, is there really nobody out there that can outdo a bid from a local used car dealer?

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 29, 2011, 04:58:57 PM »
From above, the dark looks awesome. From court level, not as much.  Still, I am happy with it.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 29, 2011, 05:09:48 PM »
Don't love it, but the octagon made it exceed expectations. The goEMAW crowd should be somewhat happier with it than they are.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 29, 2011, 05:16:50 PM »
Don't love it, but the octagon made it exceed expectations. The goEMAW crowd should be somewhat happier with it than they are.

agreed

catzacker

« Reply #580 on: August 29, 2011, 06:40:29 PM »
The octagon, given the way nearly everything else looks, is like a rapist using a condom.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 29, 2011, 07:01:28 PM »
The octagon, given the way nearly everything else looks, is like a rapist using a condom.

Waited all day for this.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 29, 2011, 07:59:08 PM »
I'm not necessarily against whoring out the floor for advertising space, but is Briggs really the best we can do? With all of the nationally televised games we have played over the last few years, is there really nobody out there that can outdo a bid from a local used car dealer?

Obviously not

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 29, 2011, 08:05:48 PM »

Exactly.  You think they're doing you a favor, but really it's just to distract you into thinking they have good intentions long enough for them to get what they want and get out of town without leaving any evidence behind.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 29, 2011, 08:10:53 PM »
Don't worry dark wood haters.....they put the Big 12 logos in the stained part.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: August 29, 2011, 08:30:58 PM »

agreed

This.

What other school has adopted a name for a court/field that came from a bunch of misfit BBS posters and actually incorporated it into the design of the court/field.

And I get the critiques, but I reall don't think a design exists that would have satisfied some folks, and for sure there isn't one that would make everyone happy.

I for one like what they've done.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 29, 2011, 08:37:41 PM »
for sure there isn't one that would make everyone happy.

This one, except with no or less difference in the 2 wood colors, and Tex Winters' or other old people's names on it somewhere.  That'd come pretty close.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 29, 2011, 09:20:04 PM »
The goEMAW crowd should be somewhat happier with it than they are.

fixed

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 29, 2011, 09:36:54 PM »
It is about the best we could realistically hope for especially with the octagon bit.  Well done.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 29, 2011, 09:56:19 PM »
it's to bad the octagon part will be covered up with cheerleaders/camera people/etc. during games, and I'm solidly on team no dark wood
I'm purple down

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 29, 2011, 10:04:59 PM »
i like the two-tone wood a lot.  it's very functional, and it doesn't look bad.  it looks good.  i mean, most of you are the same retards that go on and on about populous and modern stadium design and should stfu.

it's a really good design.  the bad elements, the uglyass powercat and the shitty briggs logo are all but mandatory.  maybe twenty years ago some brave kstatriot could have ended our iowan invasion in it's infancy, but it's too late now.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 29, 2011, 10:14:33 PM »
i like the two-tone wood a lot.  it's very functional, and it doesn't look bad.  it looks good.  i mean, most of you are the same retards that go on and on about populous and modern stadium design and should stfu.

it's a really good design.  the bad elements, the uglyass powercat and the shitty briggs logo are all but mandatory.  maybe twenty years ago some brave kstatriot could have ended our iowan invasion in it's infancy, but it's too late now.

:bball:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 29, 2011, 10:20:23 PM »
yeah. aside from the briggs logo, i think this is about the best we could ask for. Nothing extremely garish. Good upgraded font. Expansion of the "K-State" brand. Maybe the staining is a little too dark inside the circle, but this is not even close to the turf of death strip in BSFS. That was specifically designed to keep kstate0 around the football program; this is more of an aesthetic component that some fans disagree with.

will take.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 29, 2011, 10:27:32 PM »
yeah. aside from the briggs logo, i think this is about the best we could ask for. Nothing extremely garish. Good upgraded font. Expansion of the "K-State" brand. Maybe the staining is a little too dark inside the circle, but this is not even close to the turf of death strip in BSFS. That was specifically designed to keep kstate0 around the football program; this is more of an aesthetic component that some fans disagree with.

will take.

I'll never love the Wood Circle of Death, never, but I'll never hate it even close to as much as I hate the E.Z.o.D.  Ever.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 29, 2011, 10:32:46 PM »
Still worth noting that the 2-tone wood is bad, and pretty reminiscent of when we tried to be fashionable here, too:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 29, 2011, 10:37:27 PM »

will take.

I'll never love the Wood Circle of Death, never, but I'll never hate it even close to as much as I hate the E.Z.o.D.  Ever.

didn't say you had to love it.  :dunno:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 29, 2011, 10:38:33 PM »
Do any of you even know what Texas thinks about the design yet?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 29, 2011, 10:58:36 PM »

This one, except with no or less difference in the 2 wood colors, and Tex Winters' or other old people's names on it somewhere.  That'd come pretty close.

If they put a guys name on the court who went to a final four 50 years ago I'd definitely go 'zaker on the court.  There are about 6 people alive who remember watching those Winter teams play.  Nothing screams bad program like idolizing non-championships from half a century ago. :comeatme:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 29, 2011, 11:05:51 PM »

If they put a guys name on the court who went to a final four 50 years ago I'd definitely go 'zaker on the court.  There are about 6 people alive who remember watching those Winter teams play.  Nothing screams bad program like idolizing non-championships from half a century ago. :comeatme:

They probably figured they'd save money by sparing the signature and waiting to dedicate it symbolized by a taped-off outline of his body when he drops dead after being shuffled out there for the 17th time.