Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457189 times)

Offline my troll name ... Koppe22

• Combo-Fan
  • Disgraced Banned Former Powert@rd Koppe22
    • View Profile
    • meh
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1600 on: August 23, 2010, 01:01:40 PM »
Its a powerespect notion that the 3 stars work harder than the 5 stars by virtue of being shittier.
 :powerespect:powerespect approved!!
Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: August 23, 2010, 01:30:50 PM »
If it makes anybody feel any better, Boatright is back to listing us again, even says we've offered, I'd really have to question is that reported offer is legit at this point but, hey, I guess we'll just have to wait it out. Update does state he does not have a definite time frame for his decision and he may wait until the Spring to sign. Only visit lined up at this time is to Providence in late September:

"West Virginia, UConn, Kansas State, Miami, UTEP, Wake Forest, Providence, DePaul, and Minnesota were the schools Boatright listed. He claims offers from all of them and noted that others are involved as well." 

http://providence.scout.com/2/994991.html

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #1602 on: August 23, 2010, 01:34:43 PM »
If it makes anybody feel any better, Boatright is back to listing us again, even says we've offered, I'd really have to question is that reported offer is legit at this point but, hey, I guess we'll just have to wait it out. Update does state he does not have a definite time frame for his decision and he may wait until the Spring to sign. Only visit lined up at this time is to Providence in late September:

"West Virginia, UConn, Kansas State, Miami, UTEP, Wake Forest, Providence, DePaul, and Minnesota were the schools Boatright listed. He claims offers from all of them and noted that others are involved as well." 

http://providence.scout.com/2/994991.html

This cant possibly be a recent picture right? guy needs some meat.

Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: August 23, 2010, 01:44:42 PM »
I'm afraid it is, had the chance to watch him play (on TV) at the Adidas Nations event a couple weeks back, don't see how he could weigh more than 150 at this point. There's no question he's a high-level athlete who's capable of creating for himself or his teammates at any time, but, yes, he could stand to put some solid lbs on his frame, as long as he doesn't lose his explosiveness off the dribble, that's what makes him a Top 100 prospect.

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #1604 on: August 23, 2010, 01:52:38 PM »
I'm afraid it is, had the chance to watch him play (on TV) at the Adidas Nations event a couple weeks back, don't see how he could weigh more than 150 at this point. There's no question he's a high-level athlete who's capable of creating for himself or his teammates at any time, but, yes, he could stand to put some solid lbs on his frame, as long as he doesn't lose his explosiveness off the dribble, that's what makes him a Top 100 prospect.

Wow, I guess he can get by with that frame playing in Aurora, he would get pushed around like a rag doll in the city league or any of the Suburban League Confs, that frame wouldnt hold up. This kid must be lightning quick.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: August 23, 2010, 02:10:12 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 23, 2010, 03:37:28 PM »
@AdamZagoria: D`Angelo Harrison confirms his top 4 is Marquette, Okla State, Baylor & St John`s...will take unofficial to SJU this wknd or Monday

You have to be f*cking kidding me. 

you could almost deduce from that list that recruiting aggressively works.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 24, 2010, 08:35:47 AM »
IMO, this 1 doesn't hurt as bad as Harrison and was fairly predictable but just so everybody knows, Cunningham no longer has KSU on his list. Has top 5 of SMU, Boston College, Texas Tech, Purdue, and Arizona St.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1117166

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: August 24, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 24, 2010, 12:55:36 PM »
Kadeem Jack jumps to 33, impressive.

Boatright all the way up to 48, wouldn't mind seeing our interest in him increase but we'll see.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 24, 2010, 01:41:37 PM »
Damn.

Angel or bust, peeps.

With all the selling points we have to give Angel it will seriously be incredibly disappointing if we don't get him.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: August 24, 2010, 01:53:59 PM »
With all the selling points we have to give Angel it will seriously be incredibly disappointing if we don't get him.

I don't think it's really a matter of us not getting him but if we want him

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: August 24, 2010, 01:58:18 PM »
Yeah, unless we pussyfoot around too much, Florida strikes out on some of their bigger targets, and Donovan offers in the spring.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: August 24, 2010, 02:04:10 PM »
Diaz moves into the Top 20 Cs from scout as well.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=4487595

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 24, 2010, 02:16:35 PM »
Good find _FAN, interesting that he's directly in front of Cunningham at 18, I always thought he(Cunningham) was more of a 4 maybe even a combo F, but still interesting to see how that played out.

FWIW, the last ranked C to make their Top 100 was 11th ranked Tyler Adams.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=45&yr=2011

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 24, 2010, 03:04:54 PM »
i almost wish they'd been 152 and 155.  having them in the top 150 makes the messageboarding harder.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 24, 2010, 03:20:19 PM »
Sys really doesn't want to admit that Diaz might actually be decent.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 24, 2010, 04:02:50 PM »
i almost wish they'd been 152 and 155.  having them in the top 150 makes the messageboarding harder.

At the end of the day you simply have to ask yourself "what the hell do they know about talent evaluation?"...let's be honest, they're probably as horrible at talent eval as Frank and co.  And furthermore, the only time their rankings are actually important is when they've ranked a player real high and we don't go after them.  Give me something I can get pissed off about!!

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 24, 2010, 04:38:32 PM »

If that's the case why don't we just go ahead and take angel and put the full court press on all these long shot studs. If we sign one, we say sorry Omari, if not we give him the left over scholly.

Offline leawoodcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 24, 2010, 05:03:13 PM »
IMO, this 1 doesn't hurt as bad as Harrison and was fairly predictable but just so everybody knows, Cunningham no longer has KSU on his list. Has top 5 of SMU, Boston College, Texas Tech, Purdue, and Arizona St.

Or KSU no longer has him on their list?

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: August 24, 2010, 05:27:06 PM »

Or KSU no longer has him on their list?

Can't really claim to know the inner-workings of what went on there. Either our staff backed off or Cunningham saw he wasn't a top priority and decided to move on. Either of these scenarios are believable and predictable based on recent happenings in our recruiting.

6 of one or a half-dozen of the other, the end result is still the same.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: August 24, 2010, 05:38:01 PM »

If that's the case why don't we just go ahead and take angel and put the full court press on all these long shot studs. If we sign one, we say sorry Omari, if not we give him the left over scholly.

Because if we sign Angel we're already over the scholly limit.  Over by 2 if we give Omari one. 

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: August 24, 2010, 05:45:55 PM »
If we can string Angel out long enough, Frank an co. Can get a look at what Sprads, Russell, Tav, etc can do at the point this year.  Maybe we won't need to take a pg this year.  If we do need to take one, we may have to show one of those kids the door and sign Angel.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: August 24, 2010, 06:27:26 PM »
Can't really claim to know the inner-workings of what went on there. Either our staff backed off or Cunningham saw he wasn't a top priority and decided to move on. Either of these scenarios are believable and predictable based on recent happenings in our recruiting.

there's no rough ridin' way kstate would take 3 mid-level bigs in the worst year for bigs that telep can recall.  of course, there should have been no way they'd take 2.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: August 24, 2010, 06:31:21 PM »

there's no fracking way kstate would take 3 mid-level bigs in the worst year for bigs that telep can recall.  of course, there should have been no way they'd take 2.

thoughts on the possibility of jhr II going prep for a year or something similar?