Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457190 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1575 on: August 18, 2010, 09:29:51 PM »
Its a powerespect notion that the 3 stars work harder than the 5 stars by virtue of being shittier.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: August 18, 2010, 09:45:09 PM »
Ideally, I want the very talented players who also work hard.  I would also like a 12 inch dong, while we're at it.

Please list talented players who didn't work hard, preferably ones were were highly ranked recruits that never amounted to anything of substance.  Also, if you could find out which players(higher or lower ranked recruits) are usually on winning teams.  Thanks.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: August 18, 2010, 10:25:13 PM »
Ideally, I want the very talented players who also work hard. 
where did i say I didn't want all three?  fuktard came here saying that although we don't have the most talented recruits, that they try hard and that'll be good enough. 

i probably didn't make my point very well but the reality is that the 11 class looks sideways, no matter what way you look at it.  we aren't mixing > 100 talent with < 50 talent as we've done since Frank got here, and we aren't addressing our needs in the class.  maybe it will work out and frank has some secret blueprint about addressing that team's needs; i'm just commenting on the knowledge that we have.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: August 19, 2010, 03:50:49 AM »
Hey, "nicname," for the answers to your questions feel free to reference the 2009-10 KU roster. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: August 19, 2010, 11:30:22 AM »
Hey, "nicname," for the answers to your questions feel free to reference the 2009-10 KU roster. 

2009-10 KU was awesome at basketball and has been awesome for a long time.  Thanks for proving my point.  WTF is up with the quotation marks around my name?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: August 19, 2010, 01:01:19 PM »
Yeah and that awesome team lost to a goddamn mid major in the 2nd round.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: August 19, 2010, 03:34:07 PM »
Yeah and that awesome team lost to a goddamn mid major in the 2nd round.

When you always get great players you are always really good.  Eventually you are going to get beat by a lesser team, and that sucks, especially when it is in the NCAA tournament, but it doesn't mean your team isn't going to be one of the nation's best year in and year out.  The best teams don't always advance farthest in the field of 64, just most of the time. 

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: August 19, 2010, 03:41:10 PM »
5 star hard working players = MJ, Kobe, Durant...there's not that many, it's what makes the few so special...why they are mentioned with the best.  If that's all you are going to accept as recruits, you're going to be very disappointed.   Hard working players = walk ons?  Ok.  Sure.  Great logic.  You are either talented or hard working?  You are either a 5 star or a walk on?  The point that I'm clearly not able to make is that I am very happy with a hard working 50-150 player.  Lots of kids have talent, few want to put in the effort.   I'd love to see top 50 hard workers, but there are prolly only a handful of those and we're not going to land one every year....and as opposed to others, I am ok with that.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: August 19, 2010, 03:49:05 PM »
aside from the delonte and king recruiter references, i won't argue with what wichita_cat (aka Trim) is saying

what trim and you are both forgetting is that the staff just got commits from a couple of 2nd tier recruits coming off the best season in at least 20 years.  the entire staff is overpaid.
i didn't forget that.  my take away from Trim's post was don't hold Te'420k wholly responsible.  the whole fracking staff is failing.

WTF is wrong with you people.  I'm far from a kool aid drinker and I appreciate constructive criticism of all things KSU athletics, but GMAFB.  "The whole staff is failing"?  I remember when Tony Mitchell comitted, I was thinking, meh, a 3 star kid but I'm guessing Frank is seeing something I don't.  A few months later hes one of the top recruits in the class.  I think Gipson and Ar-t will be fantastic addtions....hard workers, strong will to succeed....they may not be NBA all stars but I think they'll be fantastic college players.

and don't take too long before clicking on this link--->  http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=5447.new#new

dumbass :flush:
Very well played pc.  Excellent work!!  I should know better than to make a negative comment about our football teams first practice and then a positive comment about our 2011 bball recruiting class.  Thanks for putting me in my place...again excellent work.  Made me laugh!  I'm living up to my screen name!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: August 19, 2010, 05:16:28 PM »
aside from the delonte and king recruiter references, i won't argue with what wichita_cat (aka Trim) is saying

what trim and you are both forgetting is that the staff just got commits from a couple of 2nd tier recruits coming off the best season in at least 20 years.  the entire staff is overpaid.
i didn't forget that.  my take away from Trim's post was don't hold Te'420k wholly responsible.  the whole fracking staff is failing.

WTF is wrong with you people.  I'm far from a kool aid drinker and I appreciate constructive criticism of all things KSU athletics, but GMAFB.  "The whole staff is failing"?  I remember when Tony Mitchell comitted, I was thinking, meh, a 3 star kid but I'm guessing Frank is seeing something I don't.  A few months later hes one of the top recruits in the class.  I think Gipson and Ar-t will be fantastic addtions....hard workers, strong will to succeed....they may not be NBA all stars but I think they'll be fantastic college players.

and don't take too long before clicking on this link--->  http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=5447.new#new

dumbass :flush:
Very well played pc.  Excellent work!!  I should know better than to make a negative comment about our football teams first practice and then a positive comment about our 2011 bball recruiting class.  Thanks for putting me in my place...again excellent work.  Made me laugh!  I'm living up to my screen name!
It's weird how things work two ways, isn't it?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: August 19, 2010, 05:21:20 PM »
What are the odds we made this list? I'm thinking less than 10% but I'd be 1 happy cat if we did, scolly #'s be damned:

"(D'Angelo) Harrison, a four-star recruit who is ranked as the 61st-best overall prospect in the Class of 2011, has received scholarship offers from nearly 50 schools, but on Friday narrowed it down to nine finalists, Henderson said.

“We met as a family yesterday and cut the list down to nine (schools), and Oklahoma State is one of those nine,” Henderson said.

However, he did not want to reveal the other finalists. “I’m not looking at (the list) but I think we’re going to do something in the next few days to release that to the public. I can tell you that Oklahoma State is there. He likes the staff, he likes their style of play … they made the short list.”  - Franchize All Stars Coach Terrul Henderson

FWIW, this update is from Aug 7, but, to the best of my knowledge, the remaining 8 other finalists have still not yet been revealed.

http://oklahomastate.scout.com/2/990193.html

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: August 19, 2010, 05:23:47 PM »
In the past I've stressed a lot about leaving guys off our T-100 list. This year we r scrambling to fill out the list. Just isn't deep.

sigh.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: August 19, 2010, 05:28:18 PM »
In the past I've stressed a lot about leaving guys off our T-100 list. This year we r scrambling to fill out the list. Just isn't deep.

sigh.

god damnit

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: August 19, 2010, 09:06:06 PM »
"Please list talented players who didn't work hard, preferably ones were were highly ranked recruits that never amounted to anything of substance.  Also, if you could find out which players(higher or lower ranked recruits) are usually on winning teams.  Thanks."

Donnell Harvey
Jason Fraser
Marvin Stone
Von Wafer
Evan Burns
Ray Young
Chris Rodgers
Mike Jones
Abdou Diame
Derrick Caracter
Corey Benjamin
Lester Earl
Ronnie Fields
Vassil Evtimov
Ndubi Ebi
James Lang
Earl Smith
Sebastian Telfair
Gerald Green
Andray Blatche

Sorry pic

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: August 19, 2010, 09:48:52 PM »
"Please list talented players who didn't work hard, preferably ones were were highly ranked recruits that never amounted to anything of substance.  Also, if you could find out which players(higher or lower ranked recruits) are usually on winning teams.  Thanks."

Donnell Harvey -
Jason Fraser -
Marvin Stone
Von Wafer
Evan Burns
Ray Young
Chris Rodgers
Mike Jones
Abdou Diame
Derrick Caracter
Corey Benjamin
Lester Earl
Ronnie Fields
Vassil Evtimov
Ndubi Ebi
James Lang
Earl Smith
Sebastian Telfair
Gerald Green
Andray Blatche

Sorry pic

Over half those guys were solid contributers, some of them were stars and a few were injury plagued.   Obviously there are some flops but overall I would recruit these guys time and again over their less-heralded brethren.  Also, many of these guys played on teams with a lot of talent you switch Donnell Harvey with Matt Siebrandt and Harvey is getting 15 and 10 as a freshman and Seabass is deep on the pine. 

Here is another challenge, go and find the 3* guys who never amounted to any thing.  I'll get my sun-dial.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: August 19, 2010, 09:59:24 PM »

sigh.

But everyone is getting inflated, sucky players, right?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: August 19, 2010, 10:16:41 PM »
But everyone is getting inflated, sucky players, right?

don't know the shape of the talent distribution compared to an average year.  would be a good question to ask one of the nat'l guys.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline GetVocalwithCurt

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: August 19, 2010, 11:17:22 PM »

Donnell Harvey
Jason Fraser
Marvin Stone
Von Wafer
Evan Burns
Ray Young
Chris Rodgers
Mike Jones
Abdou Diame
Derrick Caracter
Corey Benjamin
Lester Earl
Ronnie Fields
Vassil Evtimov
Ndubi Ebi
James Lang
Earl Smith
Sebastian Telfair
Gerald Green
Andray Blatche

Sorry pic

bracey wright at iu
"I'll be back"
-Curtis Kelly

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: August 20, 2010, 12:18:17 AM »
Bracey Wright.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/w/wrighbr02.html

are you being sarcastic? 

Offline GetVocalwithCurt

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: August 20, 2010, 01:05:59 PM »
Bracey Wright.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/w/wrighbr02.html

are you being sarcastic? 

his statistics might be good but they are inflated because he was allowed to pound the ball in to the court until there were two seconds left and he would throw up a shot.
"I'll be back"
-Curtis Kelly

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: August 20, 2010, 01:06:31 PM »
Hey, staff.  Great work.  At least we got Omari to really stick it to Lav.  :flush:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/08/20/dangelo-harrison-planning-visits/

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: August 20, 2010, 01:22:59 PM »
Damn.

Angel or bust, peeps.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: August 20, 2010, 01:29:31 PM »
You know what sucks ass?  Basically being done for 2011 and having this as the result.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: August 20, 2010, 01:33:17 PM »
Damn.

Angel or bust, peeps.

maybe D'angelo can say high to Cauley when he's in Stillwater.  SUCK IT TRAVIS FORD!  WE GOT DIAZ!  :AA:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: August 23, 2010, 12:53:08 PM »
@AdamZagoria: D`Angelo Harrison confirms his top 4 is Marquette, Okla State, Baylor & St John`s...will take unofficial to SJU this wknd or Monday

You have to be f*cking kidding me.