Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 457470 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1550 on: August 16, 2010, 11:04:37 PM »
In the meantime, I've been meaning to ask what the key to beating Kansas in basketball is so that I can share it with our coaching staff. I know nobody here has any idea how to do it...

God damn you, Greek.  Our football streak against them lasted longer on a calendar basis!

:shakesfist:

Srsly though, they are going to fist eff you guys until your glass eye pops out.  Just lay there and relax and try to minimize the tearing.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: August 16, 2010, 11:43:52 PM »
dfw people hinting that another high-major type may commit to nt as well.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: August 17, 2010, 01:40:25 PM »
Weekly Devon Peterson Update   Reply
He's still is not 100 percent cleared to go. I should know something definite on him in the next week or so.

It's going to be close ... again. Don't pencil him on the 2011 roster just yet, though.

-Rob

micimac

Post #2727
Topeka
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Wasn't MyaJ all over this?   Reply
Where is he or she at?

That MyaJ has got to be on top of this.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: August 17, 2010, 05:12:24 PM »
More confirmation we're slowly backing away from Seagears:

"Seagears is considering Rutgers, DePaul, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Miami, George Mason and Central Florida, per Damon Handon of DC Assault."

David Cox, doin work

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/08/17/tyler-harris-has-a-top-10/

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: August 17, 2010, 05:59:24 PM »

In the meantime, I've been meaning to ask what the key to beating Kansas in basketball is so that I can share it with our coaching staff. I know nobody here has any idea how to do it...

Pretend it's the NCAA tournament and you're a shitty mid-major.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: August 17, 2010, 06:00:46 PM »

Pretend it's the NCAA tournament and you're a shitty mid-major.

Damn, they had all those cards lined up last year. 

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: August 17, 2010, 06:39:59 PM »
Why the shazbot! did we waste a scholarship on Diaz?

:flush:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: August 17, 2010, 07:29:50 PM »
Diaz looks like he has some decent upside.  If anything, Gipson looks like a bigger reach.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: August 17, 2010, 07:46:32 PM »
Diaz looks like he has some decent upside.  If anything, Gipson looks like a bigger reach.

if you go by impartial opinion providers, they're both big reaches.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: August 17, 2010, 07:56:11 PM »
True.  But several of the articles on Diaz that I have read alluide to him looking good as a sophomore and being somewhat of an unknown commodity at this point.  Can't remember who it was but someone left the door open for Diaz to possibly make a move into his top 100/150.  Gipson seems to have a more tangible ability level, which is basically all my meant with my post.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: August 17, 2010, 11:16:37 PM »
Weekly Devon Peterson Update   Reply
He's still is not 100 percent cleared to go. I should know something definite on him in the next week or so.

It's going to be close ... again. Don't pencil him on the 2011 roster just yet, though.

-Rob

micimac

Post #2727
Topeka
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Wasn't MyaJ all over this?   Reply
Where is he or she at?

That MyaJ has got to be on top of this.

rob@gpc

ADMIN
Post #1928
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Re: Wasn't MyaJ all over this?   Reply
He's at home in NY.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: August 18, 2010, 08:41:41 AM »
One tard reluctantly begins to see the light.

soontirfel181

A solid starter
Post #4100
Arkansas City, KS

OK, David Cox is starting to piss me off

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, this is in no way a Dalonte bash. I think Hill's doing great work and you won't hear me complain about any aspect of a Top 10 program that's winning consistently.

But if Cox convinces Seagears to go play for freakin' Rutgers and unproven Mike Rice, then even I have to wonder if he hasn't stolen AHCDH's D.C. mojo a little.

Probably a moot point, since all signs point to us holding our last schollie for Angel. Still chafes, though.

Link: Rutgers in great standing with DC Assault guards

Posted on 8/18 1:32 AM | IP: Logged

One tard doesn't.

wichita_cat

GoPowercat Ring of Fame member
Post #33001
The Lonely Street of Dreams

OK, David Cox is starting to piss me off Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For obvious reasons, people on here are very hung up on the DC assault connections for Delonte.

But you don't make a guy the highest paid assistant in NCAA for a single pipeline. Too many other factors can cause that to lose value - e.g. other Assault coaches move to NCAA, traditional powers like Maryland & GTown make stronger pushes to keep local talent home, the Assault string together a couple weak years for high D1 prospects, etc.

So it should be noted that it's Delonte's broader AAU connections, more than just the Assault, that led to him getting his contract and labeled as the staff's king recruiter (not to shortchange anyone else).

While we needed the Assault connections to pull the program off the mat, it's obvious that the staff's overall recruiting strategy has become much broader in lieu of recent success.

Posted on 8/18 7:58 AM | IP: Logged

:facepalm:

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: August 18, 2010, 10:25:23 AM »
aside from the delonte and king recruiter references, i won't argue with what wichita_cat (aka Trim) is saying

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: August 18, 2010, 02:16:36 PM »
aside from the delonte and king recruiter references, i won't argue with what wichita_cat (aka Trim) is saying

what trim and you are both forgetting is that the staff just got commits from a couple of 2nd tier recruits coming off the best season in at least 20 years.  the entire staff is overpaid.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: August 18, 2010, 02:19:56 PM »

what trim and you are both forgetting is that the staff just got commits from a couple of 2nd tier recruits coming off the best season in at least 20 years.  the entire staff is overpaid.

Led by overachieving 3 stars and washed-up transfers.  Give 'em all a raise.  :contra-contrarian:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: August 18, 2010, 03:00:14 PM »

i didn't forget that.  my take away from Trim's post was don't hold Te'420k wholly responsible.  the whole rough ridin' staff is failing.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: August 18, 2010, 04:21:21 PM »

i didn't forget that.  my take away from Trim's post was don't hold Te'420k wholly responsible.  the whole fracking staff is failing.

WTF is wrong with you people.  I'm far from a kool aid drinker and I appreciate constructive criticism of all things KSU athletics, but GMAFB.  "The whole staff is failing"?  I remember when Tony Mitchell comitted, I was thinking, meh, a 3 star kid but I'm guessing Frank is seeing something I don't.  A few months later hes one of the top recruits in the class.  I think Gipson and Ar-t will be fantastic addtions....hard workers, strong will to succeed....they may not be NBA all stars but I think they'll be fantastic college players.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: August 18, 2010, 04:39:47 PM »
I think Gipson and Ar-t will be fantastic addtions....hard workers, strong will to succeed....they may not be NBA all stars but I think they'll be fantastic college players.

it'd be nicer if telep, bossi, meyer, et al. thought they'd be fantastic rather than some random fucktard.

Offline leawoodcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: August 18, 2010, 05:19:41 PM »
I think Gipson and Ar-t will be fantastic addtions....hard workers, strong will to succeed....they may not be NBA all stars but I think they'll be fantastic college players.

it'd be nicer if telep, bossi, meyer, et al. thought they'd be fantastic rather than some random fracktard.

Are you calling Frank Martin a fracktard? ;-)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: August 18, 2010, 08:17:50 PM »

it'd be nicer if telep, bossi, meyer, et al. thought they'd be fantastic rather than some random fracktard.
you summed up my thoughts nicely, thank you sys.  you saved me from having to interrupt watching big brother and alert this rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to the fact that hard workers with strong wills to succeed are called walk-ons.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: August 18, 2010, 08:26:18 PM »

i didn't forget that.  my take away from Trim's post was don't hold Te'420k wholly responsible.  the whole fracking staff is failing.

WTF is wrong with you people.  I'm far from a kool aid drinker and I appreciate constructive criticism of all things KSU athletics, but GMAFB.  "The whole staff is failing"?  I remember when Tony Mitchell comitted, I was thinking, meh, a 3 star kid but I'm guessing Frank is seeing something I don't.  A few months later hes one of the top recruits in the class.  I think Gipson and Ar-t will be fantastic addtions....hard workers, strong will to succeed....they may not be NBA all stars but I think they'll be fantastic college players.

and don't take too long before clicking on this link--->  http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=5447.new#new

dumbass :flush:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: August 18, 2010, 09:10:32 PM »
Yeah, supposedly UF would only take Angel in the spring and then only if they missed on a couple of other guys.  And Xavier is real fracking good.  You don't get drafted that high unless you are one hell of a player.

Mike Olowokandi, Kwame Brown, Stromile Swift, Darko Milicic...just sayin 

wow. you're an idiot.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: August 18, 2010, 09:13:54 PM »
Piss-  you normally seem to have a pretty level head on ya but...  You need to watch more college basketball if you think the only people who work hard and have strong wills to succeed are the walk-ons. Only a very select few can get by on talent alone. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: August 18, 2010, 09:19:50 PM »
Only a very select few can get by on talent alone. 

I want them

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: August 18, 2010, 09:21:33 PM »
Ideally, I want the very talented players who also work hard.  I would also like a 12 inch dong, while we're at it.