Author Topic: Future schedule update...  (Read 106232 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Future schedule update...
« Reply #675 on: February 17, 2021, 02:17:53 PM »
@MakeItRain

I’d love to develop or rekindle some regional rivalries.

Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska and Minnesota are all great candidates
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 18, 2021, 09:39:11 AM »
Imma be honest with you, recruits care about facilities and who can get them to the NFL. Unless they are some underdog and have been overlooked then they like schools like KSU.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 19, 2021, 06:35:20 AM »
Do you think Gene understands averages?

we were going to have eight home games.

"And, you know, seven is a number we've always tried to have here at home. And because we had seven, even if we move Stanford, it made a little bit easier because you're still gonna have hotels for seven games, still going to (fill) restaurants for seven games, like we typically do
I think there's an out year coming up, we may only have six that we're working on, but that's just kind of how the schedule fell. But with the eight game and made a little bit easier decision.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/Article/Kansas-State-football-basketball-athletics-director-Gene-Taylor-Stanford-game-Arlington-Dallas-167919541

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 19, 2021, 09:05:13 AM »
I'm starting to think Gene fails to understand a lot of things.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 19, 2021, 10:10:55 AM »
Banked track though...

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 04, 2021, 07:29:16 PM »
-Jerry gets the money from concessions and parking which is a rough ridin' ton of money. The money we are getting, outside of the ticket revenue is essentially from the title sponsorship of the game. We don't have our own third tier media rights anymore when the conference started the ESPN+ deal, essentially all the teams in that deal split that money. FYI our third tier football game will be the Southern Illinois game, The oscar Bowl! Anyway, this game won't net Jerry as much money as the other opening week classics, this will be more like those Tech vs. Baylor games they played there that had like 35,000 fans there. He'll still make money though, crap they have boxing matches in there.

I wonder what Allstate pays, and why.

That’s wild to me that the stadium will make much on concessions and parking considering they probably have to operate like they would for a regular game even though it’ll be 1/3 full.

Seems like the lesson is that KSU needs to build up its regular home games like they’re big events and be suckering companies into being title sponsors.

The largest profit the Cowboys and AT&T stadium will make will be from tickets of the PSL holders, corporate clients with premium tickets who are entertaining clients. Also people who get free tickets are absolutely not going to pay $50 to park. They don't care about the concessions thing, they'll just close some of the stands to keep their costs down.

Hmmm, I guess this gets back to what I thought I'd asked earlier but must've got distracted before hitting post:

How many paying attendees will there be at this game in arlington vs. how many there'd have been if it was in MHK?

Guess it must be the different worlds things, but it's really hard for me to picture a regular or even well-to-do texan that has no connection to these teams choosing to go to this game and especially paying for it, as opposed to doing other things on a long weekend.  Break up the united states?

My guess is that there will be 40,000 seats sold, but the pandemic can and likely will eat into that. What will the PSL holders be doing that day. Either drinking good bourbon in their luxury seat, going to the game because it's the first week of a new college football season, or in most cases, sitting on their couch, channel surfing, and hoping whomever got their seats on the secondary market doesn't do something to get that PSL holder barred from their seats.

https://twitter.com/RyanABlack/status/1434221922561179654

Ended up closer to 1/4 full.  I wish the unmasked washes would've spread out more.

But we SMASHED the previous record for lowest attendance from the prior low of 46,138.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allstate_Kickoff_Classic

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 04, 2021, 09:03:39 PM »
Very well earned 3 stacks.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 13, 2021, 11:25:46 AM »
@ OSU 6pm ESPN+ :lol:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 13, 2021, 11:35:04 AM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 13, 2021, 12:09:42 PM »
I'm a @jmarks guy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 13, 2021, 12:28:18 PM »
I want to see an undefeated K-State and 1 loss Iowa State play at 11:00 AM on Espn News.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 13, 2021, 09:11:42 PM »
I was going to cancel my ESPN+ at the end of the month, but I guess not. :frown:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 13, 2021, 09:32:42 PM »
I was going to cancel my ESPN+ at the end of the month, but I guess not. :frown:

That’s how they eff us!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 13, 2021, 11:08:08 PM »
@MakeItRain

I’d love to develop or rekindle some regional rivalries.

Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska and Minnesota are all great candidates

Old Big 8 rivals are the ones I'd must like to see. Nebraska would be great, Missouri and Colorado nice too. With OU already committed to continuing the Bedlam series and Iowa locked in the ISU home and home, I don't many opportunities there.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 14, 2021, 11:12:38 AM »
It doesn't bother me that much that I have to stream the game. I just wish that ESPN+ wasn't such a shitty streaming service. I really hope our next deal is with Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: September 14, 2021, 11:14:25 AM »
It doesn't bother me that much that I have to stream the game. I just wish that ESPN+ wasn't such a shitty streaming service. I really hope our next deal is with Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon.

yeah it's really bad. I don't know if it's the camera/satellite feed or what but the video quality was terrible for SIU. At least it was up the whole time unlike earlier football broadcasts.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 14, 2021, 11:16:16 AM »

yeah it's really bad. I don't know if it's the camera/satellite feed or what but the video quality was terrible for SIU. At least it was up the whole time unlike earlier football broadcasts.

My feed kept going back to a point in the first half where they were reviewing an interception. Even toward the end of the game, I would have to change the feed to another game and then change it back to refresh the stream. None of the other live tv I stream is remotely as bad. Even kstatehd.tv was a better service.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 14, 2021, 11:20:02 AM »
Also, I would like to think that someone like Amazon just getting into live sports would take the initiative to actually send the play by play people to the stadium. The combination of the terrible video feed, the fake forced enthusiasm from the play by play people, and the game falling apart at the end of the first half had me more angry than a college football game has ever made me feel. It's infuriating that we are going to be on that service the next 2 weeks.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 14, 2021, 11:29:54 AM »
Hulu sports feeds can be just as bad.  I couldn't watch the Oregon/Ohio State game due to issues they had.  I've also had the feed continually reset to a previous point in the game before and eventually have to restart my Fire box to get it to work properly again.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 14, 2021, 11:31:55 AM »
the play-by-play folks were at the game :dunno:

And they had a sideline guy with lots of gusto!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 14, 2021, 11:46:41 AM »
Really? It sounded to me like they were doing it remotely. They didn't seem very excited.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 14, 2021, 11:57:44 AM »
They don’t do college football games remotely on ESPN+. A+ source.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 14, 2021, 12:10:43 PM »
I just tried to get a screenshot of the PBP folks in the press box and cannot get ESPN Plus to work. :frown:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 14, 2021, 12:29:44 PM »
I just tried to get a screenshot of the PBP folks in the press box and cannot get ESPN Plus to work. :frown:

OK I'm in a circle of being unable to login to hulu which I think is my problem

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 14, 2021, 01:34:59 PM »
BYU has a home/home with VaTech I’m hoping we help take off their hands to help free up their schedule.  They also gave a Hawaii series I’d take too.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls