Author Topic: Is it really racism...  (Read 32621 times)

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Is it really racism...
« on: August 26, 2010, 11:21:54 AM »
or is it a human problem? I thought libs were all for "human rights"??? Pretty much *crickets* on the subject of human trafficking, but they pull out the mega-phones to cry RACISM!!!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Is it really racism...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 11:31:22 AM »
WTF are you talking about?

The42Yardstick

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 11:51:53 AM »
The one thing that separates this board from the phog.net Politics Board is that Saul isn't making socks to try and blast conservative propaganda everywhere, or banning liberals. Pretty much the only thing though.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 12:38:29 PM »
or is it a human problem? I thought libs were all for "human rights"??? Pretty much *crickets* on the subject of human trafficking, but they pull out the mega-phones to cry RACISM!!!

Interesting that this story received no attention from the MSM, but the story about some nut asking a cab driver if he was a Muslim made the lead story on every news show this morning. I am sure they are scouring the guy's facebook to see if he ever said the words tea and party in the same sentence.

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 12:40:02 PM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 12:45:26 PM »

Interesting that this story received no attention from the MSM, but the story about some nut asking a cab driver if he was a Muslim made the lead story on every news show this morning. I am sure they are scouring the guy's facebook to see if he ever said the words tea and party in the same sentence.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 01:06:51 PM »

:flush:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 01:26:25 PM »
agree on the wtf are you talking about.  see no connection between the linked story and either racism or human rights/problems.  the only connection to human trafficking is tangential.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 01:27:44 PM »

It's the number one story on google news and is on the front page of msnbc and cnn.  So, WTF are you talking about?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 01:46:27 PM »

It's the number one story on google news and is on the front page of msnbc and cnn.  So, WTF are you talking about?

Google news is just an aggregate of popular news searches. People are looking for info on this story. It is not on MSNBC.com (2 stories about the cabbie)

CNN has a small heading under latest news, right above shocking cabbie story, but has Glenn Beck pictured as a don't miss story about rewriting history.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 02:02:31 PM »
Mods? While AZCat Shrugged is pretty hilarious, can we rename, "Swear to God, they're all out to get me!"

Don't really care who takes on the "they" and "me" roles...

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 02:15:06 PM »

Google news is just an aggregate of popular news searches. People are looking for info on this story. It is not on MSNBC.com (2 stories about the cabbie)

CNN has a small heading under latest news, right above shocking cabbie story, but has Glenn Beck pictured as a don't miss story about rewriting history.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

Top right story in giant letters: 

"Survivor: Migrants killed for refusing to be drug assassins "

dumbass.

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 03:23:35 PM »
agree on the wtf are you talking about.  see no connection between the linked story and either racism or human rights/problems.  the only connection to human trafficking is tangential.

ohhh, i dont know... maybe it is the fact that the bloodiest war on the planet is taking at the border of Mexico and the US, and ashholes like your ilk yell racism when some feel that increased border security is needed??? You do realize that these migrants were on their way to the US, right? Maybe if it wasn't so damn easy to get into this country illegally, the central Americans wouldn't be getting massacred in their attempt to enter this country!?! But hey, logic hasn't been a part of you guys' repertoire, sooo...

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 03:29:34 PM »
Maybe if it wasn't so damn easy to get into this country illegally, the central Americans wouldn't be getting massacred in their attempt to enter this country!?!

I seems like 72 people getting massacred while trying to get into the country illegally is evidence that it isn't very easy to get into the country illegally.  :dunno:

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 03:32:54 PM »
Maybe if it wasn't so damn easy to get into this country illegally, the central Americans wouldn't be getting massacred in their attempt to enter this country!?!

I seems like 72 people getting massacred while trying to get into the country illegally is evidence that it isn't very easy to get into the country illegally.  :dunno:
Just shows the strong character of the ones that make it here.

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 04:29:07 PM »

while you're laughing at that group, you can laugh at the other groups being discovered in mass graves.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 05:20:43 PM »

ohhh, i dont know... maybe it is the fact that the bloodiest war on the planet is taking at the border of Mexico and the US, and ashholes like your ilk yell racism when some feel that increased border security is needed??? You do realize that these migrants were on their way to the US, right? Maybe if it wasn't so damn easy to get into this country illegally, the central Americans wouldn't be getting massacred in their attempt to enter this country!?! But hey, logic hasn't been a part of you guys' repertoire, sooo...

Serious logic fail.  Followed up by serious irony fail.

I care deeply about these people, but the solution has nothing to do with building some super awesome, impenetrable wall (see: Gaza).  The solution has to do with greater numbers of legal immigrants through a streamlined process, the removal of any red tape for any immigrant who graduates from an undergraduate from staying here and actively providing incentives for those who complete a graduate program here.  We need more immigration, not less and we need more transparency and clear, hassle-free guidelines.  This is a free-market conservative solution and the demagoguery on both sides is sad.

The sad truth is we are unable to solve Mexico's problems and, in fact, we thoughtlessly confound them through our immigration and drug policies.

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 06:10:08 PM »

I care deeply about these people, but the solution has nothing to do with building some super awesome, impenetrable wall (see: Gaza).  The solution has to do with greater numbers of legal immigrants through a streamlined process, the removal of any red tape for any immigrant who graduates from an undergraduate from staying here and actively providing incentives for those who complete a graduate program here.  We need more immigration, not less and we need more transparency and clear, hassle-free guidelines.  This is a free-market conservative solution and the demagoguery on both sides is sad.

The sad truth is we are unable to solve Mexico's problems and, in fact, we thoughtlessly confound them through our immigration and drug policies.

kat kid, you try alot... and I do commend you for it! But your logic is the one that is severely flawed... you are the "bleeding heart" (see "I care deeply for these people) that just doesn't see reality. Notice, I didnt say "a super awesome wall"... personally, I think a wall is a bad idea. Greater numbers of immigrants??? Do you have any idea how backed up our immigration services already are??? Once again, no since of reality, just non-researched babble. The red tape for "foreign" graduates is not that bad... trust me dude, I know wayyyy more "foreign" students than you... I know who are, and we do have a lot of mutual friends.

Question: why do we need more immigration? Not trying to set you up, just want to hear your point.

You provided NOTHING in your post... just a comment about a wall and that we need more legal immigration... once again, NOTHING. There are people being slaughtered in their attempt to make it in to THIS country illegally... where is the UN??? Where are all of the activist that shout about genocide in Africa??? Come on, you "care" about these people, where is your voice??? This is literally hours from YOU (everybody on this board)! Some 23,000 have been murdered in the last four years, and it is taking place at our border. Phoenix is number one or two in the world in kidnapping cases and it is directly related to what is going on at our border.

I rarely bet, but I'd be willing to wager a pretty good sum that potential migrants would think twice about attempting to come here illegally if the border was shut down by our military. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 06:31:59 PM »

a) i've never yelled racism about illegal immigration, b) these people weren't killed because of their race, nor in relation to any human rights policy.  the only relation their death may have had to human trafficking was that due to their illegal status in mexico they may have been targeted as less likely to report any kidnapping/extortion crime (as well as less to be investigated, if/when any such crime came to light.  another words, a tangential connection.

hence, the wtf?

it is no longer particularly easy to get into the us, btw.  in the time i've been in mexico (about 8 years), the price coyotes charge has more than tripled.  and almost no one tries to cross alone these days, whereas it used to be very common.  the us has done a great job of making entry into the country a lucrative enterprise dominated by career criminals.  there are still some smalltimeish, independent coyotes, but you have to wonder how long they'll last.

the backdoor through canada got closed too.  if spain wasn't so hard hit by the recession right now, there might have been some success in rerouting some spanish-speaking immigrants to europe.  poor timing/luck.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 06:41:37 PM »

kat kid, you try alot... and I do commend you for it! But your logic is the one that is severely flawed... you are the "bleeding heart" (see "I care deeply for these people) that just doesn't see reality. Notice, I didnt say "a super awesome wall"... personally, I think a wall is a bad idea. Greater numbers of immigrants??? Do you have any idea how backed up our immigration services already are??? Once again, no since of reality, just non-researched babble. The red tape for "foreign" graduates is not that bad... trust me dude, I know wayyyy more "foreign" students than you... I know who are, and we do have a lot of mutual friends.

Question: why do we need more immigration? Not trying to set you up, just want to hear your point.

You provided NOTHING in your post... just a comment about a wall and that we need more legal immigration... once again, NOTHING. There are people being slaughtered in their attempt to make it in to THIS country illegally... where is the UN??? Where are all of the activist that shout about genocide in Africa??? Come on, you "care" about these people, where is your voice??? This is literally hours from YOU (everybody on this board)! Some 23,000 have been murdered in the last four years, and it is taking place at our border. Phoenix is number one or two in the world in kidnapping cases and it is directly related to what is going on at our border.

I rarely bet, but I'd be willing to wager a pretty good sum that potential migrants would think twice about attempting to come here illegally if the border was shut down by our military. 
If KK really cared about 'these people' he wouldn't poach their best and brightest and leave the millions of others to fend  for themselves in a country thats hopes of development are perpetually squashed by KK's brain drain scheme

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 06:47:52 PM »

If KK really cared about 'these people' he wouldn't poach their best and brightest and leave the millions of others to fend  for themselves in a country thats hopes of development are perpetually squashed by KK's brain drain scheme

:lol: what?

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 07:02:32 PM »

a) i've never yelled racism about illegal immigration, b) these people weren't killed because of their race, nor in relation to any human rights policy.  the only relation their death may have had to human trafficking was that due to their illegal status in mexico they may have been targeted as less likely to report any kidnapping/extortion crime (as well as less to be investigated, if/when any such crime came to light.  another words, a tangential connection.

hence, the wtf?

it is no longer particularly easy to get into the us, btw.  in the time i've been in mexico (about 8 years), the price coyotes charge has more than tripled.  and almost no one tries to cross alone these days, whereas it used to be very common.  the us has done a great job of making entry into the country a lucrative enterprise dominated by career criminals.  there are still some smalltimeish, independent coyotes, but you have to wonder how long they'll last.

the backdoor through canada got closed too.  if spain wasn't so hard hit by the recession right now, there might have been some success in rerouting some spanish-speaking immigrants to europe.  poor timing/luck.

I didnt say you did, but you tend to agree on many issues with the ones that do.

close to 10,000 migrants cross the border every day... illegally. Rationalize it however you may...

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 07:28:39 PM »
I didnt say you did, but you tend to agree on many issues with the ones that do.

actually, i don't particularly.  at least not with very many who post regularly on this subboard.  i do tend to lol @ many of the same people, but only because those people are dumbfucks.

close to 10,000 migrants cross the border every day... illegally. Rationalize it however you may...

i didn't rationalize anything.  i joined michigancat in wtfing the extremely tenuous connection between the incident you linked and the (mildly incoherent) opinion you obviously were dying to express.

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 09:28:39 PM »
ok

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile