Author Topic: Topeka  (Read 13649 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Topeka
« on: August 21, 2010, 07:04:43 PM »
I haven't been here in a few years.  Man, this place is a real shithole.  You may ask yourself:  "What the hell is he doing in Topeka?". I'll tell you what I'm not doing- driving past swanky neighborhoods and elite businesses.  It's like the damn land that time forgot here.  Hey Topeka-  can you guys get a few more (out of business) mom and pop mexican restraunts around here?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Topeka
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 07:07:53 PM »
You mean madre y padre stores?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 07:18:54 PM »
Hey, bad person. I will take off my shirt and fight you.  Meet me at the parking lot of the Wal-Mart at 37th (near Topeka blvd, the old Chief drive in theater).  After I shove my foot up your ass and tickle your teeth with my toes, perhaps we can share a growler of Holy Grail Pale Ale at Blind Tiger Brewery, which is just a few blocks away.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 07:42:20 PM »
I've actually wanted to try Blind Tiger.  They have an IPA on tap?  Do they remove the cockroach droppings from the beer, or do just do it yourself?  (I just assume that every establishment has a serious roach problem in Topeka.)

The42Yardstick

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 07:44:43 PM »
Bashing Topeka has been en vogue on the phog/WtW for like 2 years now
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:33:11 AM by The42Yardstick »

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 07:50:37 PM »
I haven't been here in a few years.  Man, this place is a real shithole.  You may ask yourself:  "What the hell is he doing in Topeka?". I'll tell you what I'm not doing- driving past swanky neighborhoods and elite businesses.  It's like the damn land that time forgot here.  Hey Topeka-  can you guys get a few more (out of business) mom and pop mexican restraunts around here?

What garbage little western ks town are you from?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 08:12:45 PM »

Sounds like some random suburb of Wichita trash, for sure.

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 08:20:05 PM »
jtksu, continuing his trend of "quantity, not quality" posting.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 09:56:47 PM »
Hey, bad person. I will take off my shirt and fight you.  Meet me at the parking lot of the Wal-Mart at 37th (near Topeka blvd, the old Chief drive in theater).  After I shove my foot up your ass and tickle your teeth with my toes, perhaps we can share a growler of Holy Grail Pale Ale at Blind Tiger Brewery, which is just a few blocks away.

I lived about a block from there.  I'd be there to watch the asskicking when it took place if I still did.  I'd be all  :popcorn:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 10:47:51 PM »

I find it funny when anyone from any non-Kansas City town (except Manhattan, of course) talks smack on Topeka.

Yeah, like Wichita is any better.  Pittsburg?  GTFOOMF.  Atchison?  Iona?  Hutch?  LOL.

Also, if you're from any town with less than 10K people in it, you may as well just not even comment on such matters.  Your town doesn't even exist on most maps and no one cares about you or where you're from.   :users:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 12:08:58 AM »
Scar Smart-  You still trying to fool yourself into believing size doesn't matter?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 12:28:40 AM »
All kidding aside-  Lake Shawnee looks really nice, tons of neat little improvements here and there.  And the SCABA fields are rough ridin' amazing!!  :love:

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 10:12:01 AM »
All kidding aside-  Lake Shawnee looks really nice, tons of neat little improvements here and there.  And the SCABA fields are fracking amazing!!  :love:

I think a beer garden is being added too.

Offline Do Work Son

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 11:47:39 AM »
Topeka is biggest fracking crap hole in Kansas. Best friend lives there and he brags it up like its paradise. Most ghetto town in the state.

Only good thing about that town is Steak n Shake

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 12:46:28 PM »
topeka is a weird deal. the people that don't live there know it sucks, but the people that live there seem completely happy with the town. there's some kind of genetic self preservation dna topeka code that is being embedded into the drinking water or something. thoughts? is this even possible?  :dunno:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 01:01:36 PM »
topeka is a weird deal. the people that don't live there know it sucks, but the people that live there seem completely happy with the town. there's some kind of genetic self preservation dna topeka code that is being embedded into the drinking water or something. thoughts? is this even possible?  :dunno:

oh definitely, they put addictive topeka loving microbes in the water when they treat it for drinking consumption, that way even if kids leave topeka to go to school somewhere else they go through withdrawal and are just drawn back to topeka and once that treated water hits their lips, they're done for   :frown:  I know some higher-ups in the city government who will do ANYTHING to keep this on the down low. Why do you think brownback is quitting the senate to run for governor, he's addicted to the microbes
I'm purple down

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 03:09:10 PM »
I drink lots of OJ.  Its the only explanation why I didn't get infected by the microbes.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 04:36:17 PM »
If Topeka scientists could create such microbes...man, they are geniuses.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 05:03:51 PM »
It was better when it was Google.

Offline KSU_foo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 09:01:29 PM »
An abandoned church was featured on Paranormal State (anyone watch it?) a while ago.  Maybe that's the reason the zipcode starts with 666!!!!!  :ohno:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 10:31:37 PM »
An abandoned church was featured on Paranormal State (anyone watch it?) a while ago.  Maybe that's the reason the zipcode starts with 666!!!!!  :ohno:

Are you sure that wasn't Stull?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 11:22:44 PM »
That the church that's supposed to be one of the gates to hell, or something like that?  Sounds pretty creepy.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 11:35:22 PM »
you can buy 6000 sq ft mansions in Topeka for like $55k    :blank:

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2010, 11:36:20 PM »
you can buy 6000 sq ft mansions in Topeka for like $55k    :blank:

True, but you have to pry the boards off the front door when you move in.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 12:05:29 AM »

I find it funny when anyone from any non-Kansas City town (except Manhattan, of course) talks smack on Topeka.

Yeah, like Wichita is any better. 

Don't be rough ridin' stupid.  Topeka is no comparison to Wichita and you know it, I'm not even from here but I'll call you out on this stupid crap.  Comparing Topeka favorably to Wichita is like comparing Coffeyville favorably to Topeka.

For the record also comparing Manhattan favorably to Wichita is incredibly stupid.  You hicks should stop being afraid of places with resources and stuff.