Author Topic: Aliens  (Read 17180 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Aliens
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 04:57:53 PM »
Wow.  Didn't know there were actually real people who believe aliens exist.  You have to be kidding me.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 05:53:40 PM »
The universe is basically inifinte. To assume the entire universe has zero other living beings is pretty silly.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 06:07:53 PM »
Wow.  Didn't know there were actually real people who believe aliens exist.  You have to be kidding me.

Are you sorta dumb?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 06:08:54 PM »
Stephen Hawking is almost certain that other life-forms must exist.  So I'm going to go ahead and place myself in his camp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2oYS9-Ee9U

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 06:19:25 PM »
The universe is basically inifinte. To assume the entire universe has zero other living beings is pretty silly.

pffffffft   :lol:

Hey guys what if Bigfoot and the Aliens get on the same team and attack us??!  Probably the only way to escape would be if the unicorns joined our side and flew us away to safety.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2010, 06:24:57 PM »
Sounds like we need a new member group, Alien Junkies.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2010, 06:27:28 PM »

pffffffft   :lol:

Hey guys what if Bigfoot and the Aliens get on the same team and attack us??!  Probably the only way to escape would be if the unicorns joined our side and flew us away to safety.
Don't even joke about that. :blank:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2010, 06:28:44 PM »
Scientists conservatively estimate there are about 10,000,000,000,000,000 planets in the universe that can be seen by our telescopes. Ten million billion planets. And that's only what can be seen, the actual number is probably a lot higher.

Even if it's very rare that planets support life and we assume only 1 in a million planets can, that's still 10 billion planets capable of producing life.

All stars start in the same way, with a bunch of hydrogen and helium left over, the two most common abundant materials in space and the basis of all llife as we know it. With this process repeated over and over again billions of times it's only reasonable to expect that many planets have lots of similar characteristics, and could support some form of life.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2010, 06:31:32 PM »
Scientists conservatively estimate there are about 10,000,000,000,000,000 planets in the universe that can be seen by our telescopes. Ten million billion planets. And that's only what can be seen, the actual number is probably a lot higher.

Even if it's very rare that planets support life and we assume only 1 in a million planets can, that's still 10 billion planets capable of producing life.

All stars start in the same way, with a bunch of hydrogen and helium left over, the two most common abundant materials in space and the basis of all llife as we know it. With this process repeated over and over again billions of times it's only reasonable to expect that many planets have lots of similar characteristics, and could support some form of life.
Scientists :rolleyes: these are the same jokers who can't decide if Pluto is a planet.  Also carbon is the basis of life as we know it.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2010, 06:33:24 PM »
place me in _33's camp. Love the videos.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010, 06:57:11 PM »

Scientists :rolleyes: these are the same jokers who can't decide if Pluto is a planet.  Also carbon is the basis of life as we know it.

Hydrogen and helium were most abundant when the universe was formed and made up most of the ingredients of star formation. that's what I'm saying.

I agree about scientists and most theories. Lots of just guesswork out there, but we can see these fuckers with our own eyes (per se). There's a whole lotta them. Some k-state engineering dork needs to figure out the fusion reactor (don't we have a nuclear program) so we can go far enough to check them out. (probably should ask an oriental student since they all have sweet sweet math skills)

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2010, 07:44:49 PM »
 :cheers:
Speaking of naïve, why would intelligent life have to be humanlike? 

Good point.  I was a little vague.  I just mean lifeforms capable of cognisant thinking, rationalization, analytical skils, etc.  They could be amorphous blobs for all i know.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2010, 08:25:06 PM »
:cheers:
Speaking of naïve, why would intelligent life have to be humanlike? 

Good point.  I was a little vague.  I just mean lifeforms capable of cognisant thinking, rationalization, analytical skils, etc.  They could be amorphous blobs for all i know.

I see these every day

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2010, 12:11:29 AM »
I could totally see this outcome coming out of this website... :rolleyes:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2010, 09:50:20 AM »
Guys, just thought of something.  What if Santa Claus is an alien?   :surprised:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2010, 10:49:53 AM »
Ho, Ho, Ho

I COME IN PEACE

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2010, 11:26:51 AM »
I thought this was going to be a serious conversation about aliens.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline DILLIGAF

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2010, 02:01:59 PM »
Look, I'm very religious and I know in my heart that God created billions of solar systems so that he could populate only one planet, Earth. 

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2010, 04:17:34 AM »
Look, I'm very religious and I know in my heart that God created billions of solar systems so that he could populate only one planet, Earth. 

Well, God's always been sort of an bad person.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2010, 06:52:44 AM »
Lmao @ you church guys who laugh at the thought of aliens.
EMAW

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2010, 08:37:12 AM »
I never saw anywhere in the Bible that said God didn't create life on other planets.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2010, 08:51:08 AM »
I never saw anywhere in the Bible that said God didn't create life on other planets.

exactly.

Offline DILLIGAF

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2010, 04:53:46 PM »
Gawd dammit, the Bible gave us Jesus and there is only one Jesus, he died for US not some other damn alien God project.   :chainsaw:   Look, I'm Christian, I am special and God has a plan for me, and you if you just give your life over to him and accept his Son as your savior.   He is not off double-timing his chosen people for Christ's sake.   Next you'll be telling me there are other Satans or that our Satan is also fracking up all these supposed other alien God beings?!?   :curse:   Read your damn Bible people, does it say anything like "on the first day God created Earth, on the second he created AlienEarth, on the third he created AlienEarthII", hell no it doesn't.   Earth took a day, so by God so would each of these other people planets, so, ....wait a sec, he could have gone back to work on the 8th day and ........hang on, I better go talk with my Minister about this.    :runaway:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2010, 04:55:37 PM »
Pretty sweet special on ancient alien visitors on the History Channel.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2010, 05:16:38 PM »
LOL
EMAW