Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1507652 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #2850 on: April 27, 2013, 12:02:48 PM »
I like the linebacker pick in the 4th.  I'll take a linebacker from Alabama that late. 

Now, I'd really like DB or two for the next couple picks, but this GM is a best player guy I think.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: April 27, 2013, 12:08:37 PM »
I don't know why you don't hop on Lattimore when you have Charles to take the snaps this year while Lattimore gets healthy.  His upside is ridiculous and his injuries seemed more like terrible freak things than him being prone to injury.  Split carries the next couple years and then when Charles breaks down, we have the heir.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: April 27, 2013, 12:09:05 PM »
I've wanted the Chiefs to take Renfree from Duke the whole time. Doubt they do but I can hope. Hated the Davis pick. He could be good but has too many negatives for the Chiefs to take in the 3rd. I actually like the Kelce pick though and I think Nico could be a really good fit.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #2853 on: April 27, 2013, 12:09:29 PM »
I don't know why you don't hop on Lattimore when you have Charles to take the snaps this year while Lattimore gets healthy.  His upside is ridiculous and his injuries seemed more like terrible freak things than him being prone to injury.  Split carries the next couple years and then when Charles breaks down, we have the heir.

I am on board with this

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: April 27, 2013, 12:32:05 PM »
I like the linebacker pick in the 4th. I'll take a linebacker from Alabama that late. 

Now, I'd really like DB or two for the next couple picks, but this GM is a best player guy I think.

Nice logic Pete.  What the eff does that even mean?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: April 27, 2013, 01:06:20 PM »
Merely that's it's probably a good physical specimen who likely had to battle a crazy depth chart just to see the field at all.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: April 27, 2013, 03:30:59 PM »
They'll never draft a quarterback. Never ever.

I'm done with the Chiefs. I'm officially now that guy who only cares about his fantasy team.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: April 27, 2013, 03:38:31 PM »

I'm done with the Chiefs. I'm officially now that guy who only cares about his fantasy team.

It's like they are slapping the entire city across the face.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: April 27, 2013, 04:29:23 PM »
Is it common for NFL team to draft players that are from nearby schools? I saw Miami do it this year, but it seems like the Chiefs get a lot of K-State players and I hadn't really noticed it anywhere else before.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2859 on: April 27, 2013, 04:34:47 PM »

Why do the Chiefs need to draft a QB this year?

They have Smith and Daniel as a backup.  The odds of them going down beyond that on the depth chart without signing some journeyman free agent is incredibly low.

Nico Johnson was a good pick; he should help D. Johnson on the interior of the defense.

Commings is a guy that can play CB or S and is a 6'0", 200+ pound guy that runs a 4.3 40.  He was an awesome 5th round pickup.

The only WTF pick thus far has been Davis, and he's an athletic freak.  If he can turn the light on, he's a 3rd round steal.

There are no QB's in this draft worth wasting a pick on.  This was an atrocious QB class.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: April 27, 2013, 04:37:05 PM »
Wilson!
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: April 27, 2013, 04:39:22 PM »
I would've been ok with snagging one early today.  I would rather draft a QB (young/has potential to develop) then sign some journeyman that is just going to be 3rd string and never amount to anything.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: April 27, 2013, 04:40:47 PM »
I would've been ok with snagging one early today.  I would rather draft a QB (young/has potential to develop) then sign some journeyman that is just going to be 3rd string and never amount to anything.

I guess I just didn't see any of the guys on the board as having potential.  I agree that I'd rather draft one than sign one, but there just weren't any in this class worth taking.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: April 27, 2013, 04:52:34 PM »
eff getting a QB in this draft. woulda been a waste.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: April 27, 2013, 04:56:04 PM »

They have Smith and Daniel as a backup
.  The odds of them going down beyond that on the depth chart without signing some journeyman free agent is incredibly low.

Nico Johnson was a good pick; he should help D. Johnson on the interior of the defense.

Commings is a guy that can play CB or S and is a 6'0", 200+ pound guy that runs a 4.3 40.  He was an awesome 5th round pickup.

The only WTF pick thus far has been Davis, and he's an athletic freak.  If he can turn the light on, he's a 3rd round steal.

There are no QB's in this draft worth wasting a pick on.  This was an atrocious QB class.

answered your own question pan. also, renfree, nassib or wilson would have been worthwhile picks. bray is a great wildcard pick with his cannon arm. he may never figure it out, but if he does it's a hell of a pick.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2865 on: April 27, 2013, 08:21:46 PM »
Daniel is a no talent ass clown, and Smith is a band aid.

Guess I thought the strategy was to draft "best player available".

Nope. Need based 100%. Meanwhile the Eagles and Giants are looking to the future at quarterback like real, actual football teams might do.

I wonder what its like to root for a professional sports team that gives even a tiny ounce of a crap about winning anything meaningful.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: April 27, 2013, 08:24:15 PM »
When you are bored just read through the Chiefs or Royals thread and you'll understand why every dork in KC is a bandwagon squawk.

Because the Chiefs and Royals are losers.

Better chance of happening: Elite 8 under oscar Weber by KSU hoops or AFC Championship game appearance by Chiefs with Andy Reid and Alex Smith? Elite 8 under Weber by a million percent.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: April 27, 2013, 08:28:15 PM »

Read this post and you'll understand why I think all Chiefs fans are stupid idiots.

One of those 4th round QBs is gonna be an absolute steal. We had such an amazing opportunity and Chiefs'ed it up like only the Chiefs can do.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: April 27, 2013, 08:30:58 PM »
John Dorsey: "Hey Clark, we have a great opportunity to draft a QB here in the 4th, I think I'm going to pull the trigger"

Clark Hunt: "ARE YOU INSANE? WE TRIED THAT 30 YEARS AGO AND IT DIDN'T WORK! WE DON'T DRAFT QUARTERBACKS IN THIS TOWN!"

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: April 27, 2013, 08:33:24 PM »

Read this post and you'll understand why I think all Chiefs fans are stupid idiots.

One of those 4th round QBs is gonna be an absolute steal. We had such an amazing opportunity and Chiefs'ed it up like only the Chiefs can do.

Yeah.  Thats what dumbass chiefs fans say about every draft.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: April 27, 2013, 08:35:38 PM »
"Hey look, matt barkley is available at the end of the 3rd round, should we take a shot at him?  No, eff that, lets get knile davis, who has been injured for the last 3 years and fumbles every other carry"

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: April 27, 2013, 08:47:30 PM »

good stuff CF3.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: April 27, 2013, 09:03:43 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: oh man.. gotta say, i'm really enjoying this meltdown

:frown: but i wish we didn't have to
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: April 27, 2013, 10:04:32 PM »

.  The odds of them going down beyond that on the depth chart without signing some journeyman free agent is incredibly low.

answered your own question pan. also, renfree, nassib or wilson would have been worthwhile picks. bray is a great wildcard pick with his cannon arm. he may never figure it out, but if he does it's a hell of a pick.

Alex Smith is better than any QB in this draft will ever be and Chase Daniel is better than any of the 4th round guys.

I'll listen to an argument where we could/should have picked Barkley instead of Davis.  Mainly because I don't like that pick.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: April 27, 2013, 10:07:32 PM »

Alex Smith is better than any QB in this draft will ever be and Chase Daniel is better than any of the 4th round guys.

I'll listen to an argument where we could/should have picked Barkley instead of Davis.  Mainly because I don't like that pick.

wow.  what a terrible post.