Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1504176 times)

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #1100 on: April 26, 2012, 08:43:43 PM »
 :facepalm:
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: April 26, 2012, 08:49:27 PM »
Meh. They could have traded down and gotten Poe but oh well. On the bright side, we did fill our biggest need.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #1102 on: April 26, 2012, 08:54:14 PM »
Meh. They could have traded down and gotten Poe but oh well. On the bright side, we did fill our biggest need.
He's going to play quarterback?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Re: Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #1103 on: April 26, 2012, 09:04:16 PM »

QB is a need but definitely not the biggest. Are you saying you wanted to take a QB in the first round?

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #1104 on: April 26, 2012, 09:06:01 PM »

QB is a need but definitely not the biggest. Are you saying you wanted to take a QB in the first round?
I hate the chiefs, but quarterback is their biggest need. I said it last year as well, you can scroll back some pages and see it, but that's not really necessary.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #1105 on: April 26, 2012, 09:11:40 PM »

I hate the chiefs, but quarterback is their biggest need. I said it last year as well, you can scroll back some pages and see it, but that's not really necessary.

So who would you have drafted?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 26, 2012, 09:14:27 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they were able to get DeCastro in the 2nd round.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #1107 on: April 26, 2012, 09:19:21 PM »

So who would you have drafted?
Well, I'm not saying their pick was a bad one, maybe a little more risky than one would want with a pick that early, but it could pay off. 

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: April 26, 2012, 09:58:53 PM »
What would #Chiefs fans do with their time if they weren't busy beating their heads against a wall?

Suggestions for #Griefs fans to fill up your time in the absence of cutting yourselves, e.g. kick your dog, fix your IROC, get a job, etc.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: April 26, 2012, 10:47:05 PM »
Really hoping I'm wrong

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: April 26, 2012, 11:23:53 PM »
Dude has a shot ton of potential.  If you were able to forget the Chiefs' recent history with 1st round DLs, he would be much more exciting. He is a bit of a gamble but so is pretty much every draftee.  Not a great pick but not a horrible one either.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: April 27, 2012, 01:21:10 AM »
Dude has a shot ton of potential.  If you were able to forget the Chiefs' recent history with 1st round DLs, he would be much more exciting. He is a bit of a gamble but so is pretty much every draftee.  Not a great pick but not a horrible one either.

As far as potential, yea, it's a great pick that fills the biggest need (yes bigger than QB, by far) and he'll get a ton of playing time to prove himself. I just see bust written all over him and I hope I'm wrong.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 27, 2012, 06:57:25 AM »
The only issue is where he was drafted

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: April 27, 2012, 08:10:20 AM »
Poe wasn't going to be around in the second round, so if the Chiefs couldn't get anything in trade that they thought was worth Poe, they made a good pick. I still think it's ridiculous that they didn't even bother to enter the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. They need a QB.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 27, 2012, 08:22:54 AM »
Poe wasn't going to be around in the second round, so if the Chiefs couldn't get anything in trade that they thought was worth Poe, they made a good pick. I still think it's ridiculous that they didn't even bother to enter the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. They need a QB.
They bothered, he declined.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 27, 2012, 08:56:13 AM »
Hey dumbasses who hate the pick, who would you have taken? No? Trade down to get an extra 3rd-4th round pick and then draft Poe? Yeah, ok. I wanted DeCastro fwiw but I have no problem with the Poe pick. Except now we have two NTs named Poe/Powe.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: April 29, 2012, 11:58:32 AM »
outside of the most important position, the chiefs have the best roster in the division. next year, they better give up a couple 1st rounders, move up and take one of the Tyler's (Wilson/Bray) because they won't be able to get Barkley. and they better laugh in Landry Jones face. if they go into another year with cassel/anyothercrappyjourneymanfailure... i will be finished. i will quit them.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 29, 2012, 02:18:46 PM »
outside of the most important position, the chiefs have the best roster in the division. next year, they better give up a couple 1st rounders, move up and take one of the Tyler's (Wilson/Bray) because they won't be able to get Barkley. and they better laugh in Landry Jones face. if they go into another year with cassel/anyothercrappyjourneymanfailure... i will be finished. i will quit them.

Bro.  Stop.  You ain't quittin' nothin'. 

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 29, 2012, 02:22:12 PM »
It'd be really amazing if the Chiefs traded up to get Barkley. It'd be so against everything the Chiefs are.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 29, 2012, 02:27:43 PM »

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: April 29, 2012, 03:41:59 PM »

Bro.  Stop.  You ain't quittin' nothin'.

just you watch me.

the 2013 qb class looks pretty good. if ever there was a time, it's now. the o-line, running game and passing game are all set up to help a young qb. i want tyler wilson. but i'll settle for any one of the top 3 not including landry jones. they damn well better grow a pair. they damn well better.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 03:55:03 PM by j-dub »
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 29, 2012, 04:20:33 PM »

Just imagine if they had the same roster, only Peyton Manning at QB. God forbid they mortgage the future, though.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 29, 2012, 04:36:55 PM »

Just imagine if they had the same roster, only Peyton Manning at QB. God forbid they mortgage the future, though.

maybe.. my issue wasn't "mortgaging the future" btw.. just wish the chiefs would join the rest of the nfl in recognizing that qb is the cornerstone, not the final piece.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 29, 2012, 06:56:45 PM »
2ys  :lynchmob:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 30, 2012, 12:23:26 AM »

maybe.. my issue wasn't "mortgaging the future" btw.. just wish the chiefs would join the rest of the nfl in recognizing that qb is the cornerstone, not the final piece.

While I'm not sure Carl Peterson ever recognized it, I'm sure Pioli does. The problem has been matching up the opportunity with him realizing that Cassel isn't it. In '08 he could have got Flacco, but that was right after acquiring Cassel and thinking he was the future same with Sanchez in '09 (not that Sanchez is really any better anyway). '10 was Bradford and a bunch of crap. Probably should have taken Dalton last year but that was coming off the playoffs and I'm sure they where convinced Cassel had turned a corner. This year they weren't getting Luck or RG3, Tannahill sucks, Cleveland wanted Weeden too bad for the Chiefs to have a shot without WAY overreaching and anyone else was Stanzi 2.0. They tried for Manning and he wasn't interested. Next year looks like it could be a pretty deep QB draft so hopefully they don't pull a typical Chiefs and be just good enough to not be able to get one of them.