Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1501719 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #24700 on: February 18, 2024, 10:33:40 AM »
I have no idea what that means.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24701 on: February 18, 2024, 11:03:28 AM »
Phil are you ok m8

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24702 on: February 18, 2024, 11:23:24 AM »
https://amp.tmz.com/2024/02/17/kansas-city-shooting-teens-arguing-video-before-shots-fired-juveniles/

It certainly seems like more than two people should be in jail.

My city spidey sense was immediately going off, you see a bunch of teens start woofing like that, it's definitely time to move along and not take a selfie with your kid.

So looking at this video, I'm assuming most of the minors who were treated at children's mercy were these dumbfucks shooting at each other? I certainly hope that's the case and not a bunch of kids who were just minding their business.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24703 on: February 19, 2024, 10:38:32 AM »
https://amp.tmz.com/2024/02/17/kansas-city-shooting-teens-arguing-video-before-shots-fired-juveniles/

My city spidey sense was immediately going off, you see a bunch of teens start woofing like that, it's definitely time to move along and not take a selfie with your kid.

So looking at this video, I'm assuming most of the minors who were treated at children's mercy were these dumbfucks shooting at each other? I certainly hope that's the case and not a bunch of kids who were just minding their business.

I never considered that but that could very well be the case and my hope as well now.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24704 on: February 19, 2024, 11:04:28 AM »

I never considered that but that could very well be the case and my hope as well now.

Pretty much what I figured from the beginning.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24705 on: February 19, 2024, 01:52:57 PM »

well, only two people have been charged with anything so if there were 20+ people involved then i’d expect we see more charges. 

but i don’t think that’s the case.  i think the majority were innocent bystanders.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24706 on: February 19, 2024, 02:59:57 PM »
There is no way veach is dumb enough to draft a wr in the first round you guys so stop talking about it

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24707 on: February 19, 2024, 03:16:55 PM »
There is no way veach is dumb enough to draft a wr in the first round you guys so stop talking about it

Rice rising up makes me less anxious about WR. How about that Jauan Jennings guy, I liked him in the Super Bowl.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24708 on: February 19, 2024, 03:26:07 PM »
Drafting WRs is smart w/ a QB like Mahomes. Let them go after rookie contract, pay linemen and defensive players.

I mean, could also draft d-linemen.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24709 on: February 19, 2024, 04:02:13 PM »
There will be someone really good still left in the second round at WR if they choose to go that route. I'd be shocked if they used their first on one.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24710 on: February 19, 2024, 04:07:50 PM »
There will be someone really good still left in the second round at WR if they choose to go that route. I'd be shocked if they used their first on one.

Let’s make it a third rounder

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24711 on: February 19, 2024, 04:15:11 PM »

Let’s make it a third rounder

:thumbsup:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24712 on: February 19, 2024, 04:27:08 PM »
The real question is what do you do with sneed and jones, like I would prefer to keep jones but if he’s looking for a four year deal then things get dicey

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #24713 on: February 19, 2024, 04:33:51 PM »
Unless jones will take a 2-3 year deal for a discount I let him walk and sign Sneed to a 4 year deal. I just don't see Jones playing at his current level for another 4-5 years at 30+ years old.... On the other hand we have killed it at drafting DB's so maybe we can just find the next Sneed in the draft?

In regards to the draft I'd go OT/WR in round 1 and 2 in any order depending on how the draft goes. I think we should draft at least 1-2 WR's in every draft (with 1 in the first 3 rounds and another late round flyer) we have Mahomes on the off chance we hit on another Rice type player.

At the end of the day I trust Veach so I'm not going to complain until we stop winning Superbowls.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24714 on: February 19, 2024, 07:26:45 PM »
there’s an alternative strategy that you downgrades haven’t even considered yet because you’re all nfl noobs and that is to trade away all of our picks this year for future considerations and just run it back with the same roster

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24715 on: February 19, 2024, 07:46:00 PM »
The real question is what do you do with sneed and jones, like I would prefer to keep jones but if he’s looking for a four year deal then things get dicey

I think they are going to tag and trade jones and sign sneed
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24716 on: February 20, 2024, 09:43:43 AM »
I think our D-line is in shambles without CJ.  I think our secondary is still top half of the league without Sneed. 

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24717 on: February 20, 2024, 11:17:04 AM »
We may get crazy and just tag jones without signing a long term deal (the cap hit would be an astronomical 35 million), but we can convert mahomes cap hit down to as low as 23m if we want (creating an extra 35m in cap space).  After that we would still have like 24m in cap space before we cut mvs and omenihu to free up another 19m.  Cutting Reid would net another 10.75 million.  We still have to pay a LT or move taylor over and sign a RT.

The only reason I mention cutting reid is we have cook and connor (who looked pretty salty once cook went down).  It’s hard to imagine us holding onto omenihu with his injury and having felix. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 11:23:50 AM by kim carnes »

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24718 on: February 20, 2024, 11:29:01 AM »
I also expect d-line coaching savant joe cullen to develop the uber athletic bj thompson into a stud

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24719 on: February 20, 2024, 11:36:50 AM »
D-Line coaching savant Joe Cullen should be able to develop known stud FAU into an even bigger stud as well then.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24720 on: February 20, 2024, 01:20:35 PM »
I think our D-line is in shambles without CJ.  I think our secondary is still top half of the league without Sneed.

If the Chiefs don't resign Jones they aren't going to roll with the current roster they have. You realize that right?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24721 on: February 20, 2024, 02:25:53 PM »

If the Chiefs don't resign Jones they aren't going to roll with the current roster they have. You realize that right?

The other tackles of anywhere near the same caliber will likely be franchised or resigned

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24722 on: February 20, 2024, 04:31:35 PM »

Of course but they'll have to burn a good portion of whatever they save on replacing him to get it to average.

If Sneed leaves, we don't have to burn all the capital to rebuild our secondary.  Although certainly weaker, it would still be pretty strong.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24723 on: February 20, 2024, 05:09:41 PM »
If you thought, man that shooting sure was dumb, what a bunch of dumb heads, these probable cause statements will confirm that. The ole case of "whatchu looking at"

https://twitter.com/KCMagicNumber/status/1760067562128183314

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24724 on: February 20, 2024, 05:55:30 PM »
So . . . do the Chiefs wait it it's officially official that the Royals are building in the crossroads before they officially announce what they're going to do, or do they announce their plans before then?