Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1502157 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #24675 on: February 16, 2024, 09:46:43 PM »
I'm not shaming Taylor for her donation, I think donating anything is great.  I just think it's goofy when celebrities are celebrated for giving away their pocket change.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

FWIW, I wasn't aware of that gofundme until I saw that Taylor donated. I'm certain most people are in the same boat. Looking at the page, it looks like most of the donations have come in since she made her donation, that's really more of the point of celebrity donations. Also, apparently gofundme maxes out the individual donation at $50,000, so she actually made two different $50,000 donations.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/elizabeth-lopezgalvan-memorial

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24676 on: February 16, 2024, 10:44:01 PM »
Should probably be moved because this went way off the rails.  I didn't expect so many people would take it so personally.  Should probably discuss with a therapist why they feel the need to obsess over a pocket change donation a billionaire stranger made.

How much did the Hunt’s donate? How about Patrick Mahomes? If anything, I’d take issue with her publicly donating, not the amount. However, MIR is probably right that she made it public knowing that many of her followers and general public would chip in a few dollars as well.  Hell, the family only asked for $75K total, and she went above and beyond that on her own.

Walmart paying an employee low wages, as it greatly benefits from their production is no way comparable to a stranger gifting another stranger $100K. Odd take, and I dont even necessarily care for Swift.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24677 on: February 16, 2024, 10:50:28 PM »
Should probably be moved because this went way off the rails.  I didn't expect so many people would take it so personally.  Should probably discuss with a therapist why they feel the need to obsess over a pocket change donation a billionaire stranger made.

How much did the Hunt’s donate? How about Patrick Mahomes? If anything, I’d take issue with her publicly donating, not the amount. However, MIR is probably right that she made it public knowing that many of her followers and general public would chip in a few dollars as well.  Hell, the family only asked for $75K total, and she went above and beyond that on her own.

Walmart paying an employee low wages, as it greatly benefits from their production is no way comparable to a stranger gifting another stranger $100K. Odd take, and I dont even necessarily care for Swift.
I didn't invent the wal-mart comparison, itt.  Again, I don't care whether she donated $1 or $1,000,000.  I just think it's weird how middle-class people fawn over the wealthy tossing around their pocket change like they are saints.  And I'm not attacking TS like you are trying to make it out.  I think if she really wanted to do that she would just tweet out the link to her 95m Twitter followers.  It was just an observation that some of you decided to take very personally.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24678 on: February 16, 2024, 11:40:43 PM »

I didn't invent the wal-mart comparison, itt.  Again, I don't care whether she donated $1 or $1,000,000.  I just think it's weird how middle-class people fawn over the wealthy tossing around their pocket change like they are saints.  And I'm not attacking TS like you are trying to make it out.  I think if she really wanted to do that she would just tweet out the link to her 95m Twitter followers.  It was just an observation that some of you decided to take very personally.

I disagree with your opinion, and I’m offering my contrasting opinion. I don’t think anybody here is taking this personally. But, if you feel that strongly about it, the fact the Chiefs, the Hunt’s  Foundation and the NFL only donated $200K is muuuuuch worse in comparison.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24679 on: February 16, 2024, 11:51:56 PM »
Her donation getting media attention isn’t any weirder than her going to a football game getting media attention or her going out to dinner getting media attention.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24680 on: February 17, 2024, 01:59:28 AM »
I’m generally a “do your good deeds in secret” type of guy, but mir makes a good point.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #24681 on: February 17, 2024, 12:06:55 PM »
JFC all of you shut up

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24682 on: February 17, 2024, 12:27:58 PM »
Only one person itt seems obsessed

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
CHIEFS
« Reply #24683 on: February 17, 2024, 01:38:44 PM »
ever since I heard about taylor swift donating to the gofundme, i’ve not been able to stop thinking about it.  i also think it’s incredibly generous of her, more generous than any other donor to this cause.

i really kinda need to know what she ate for dinner on the day that she made the donation.  maybe i’ll make it for my dinner tonight.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24684 on: February 17, 2024, 01:44:12 PM »
It was Travis Kelce from Taylors phone while she was in the bathroom
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24685 on: February 17, 2024, 02:03:09 PM »
how would he have her password, key logging?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24687 on: February 17, 2024, 03:46:36 PM »
https://amp.tmz.com/2024/02/17/kansas-city-shooting-teens-arguing-video-before-shots-fired-juveniles/

It certainly seems like more than two people should be in jail.

My city spidey sense was immediately going off, you see a bunch of teens start woofing like that, it's definitely time to move along and not take a selfie with your kid.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24688 on: February 17, 2024, 04:29:48 PM »
https://amp.tmz.com/2024/02/17/kansas-city-shooting-teens-arguing-video-before-shots-fired-juveniles/

My city spidey sense was immediately going off, you see a bunch of teens start woofing like that, it's definitely time to move along and not take a selfie with your kid.
I hope they put a great deal of energy into tracking down how the kids got ahold of those guns.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24689 on: February 17, 2024, 04:48:42 PM »

I hope they put a great deal of energy into tracking down how the kids got ahold of those guns.

It's Missouri, they probably just bought them and it wouldn't even be illegal for them to have them in that bag without a permit.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24690 on: February 17, 2024, 04:52:23 PM »

It's Missouri, they probably just bought them and it wouldn't even be illegal for them to have them in that bag without a permit.
If they are under 18 it’s illegal.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24691 on: February 17, 2024, 04:53:08 PM »
It probably goes without saying, but they need to try them as adults and impose life sentences.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24692 on: February 17, 2024, 05:06:09 PM »

If they are under 18 it’s illegal.

I was exaggerating but unfortunately it wasn't far from the truth.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24693 on: February 17, 2024, 05:08:33 PM »
The video Pete linked made it appear there is evidence someone considerably older than them shot first. I assume that person is at large still.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24694 on: February 17, 2024, 05:28:15 PM »
the kid in the black hoodie certainly won’t be running his jaw anymore. you know, since he doesn’t have one.

on a serious note, it’s too bad that the only time people give a crap about the problems in this city is when it directly affects them.  the very next night after the parade , two people, a kid and an adult, were shot and killed at a party and not a peep about it.  last year, missouri had the eleventh highest number of deaths by gun in the country. but that’s ok as long as it stays along the 71 corridor. 

crap like what went down at the parade is the result of ignoring what goes down everyday in a big part of kc.

so lock these two up, I don’t disagree, but there’s going to be four more right behind them, and six behind them.  you seriously don’t want this kind of thing to happen, get out of your bubble and help.

this isn’t pointed at you, pete.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24695 on: February 17, 2024, 05:31:36 PM »
the kid in the black hoodie certainly won’t be running his jaw anymore. you know, since he doesn’t have one.

on a serious note, it’s too bad that the only time people give a crap about the problems in this city is when it directly affects them.  the very next night after the parade , two people, a kid and an adult, were shot and killed at a party and not a peep about it.  last year, missouri had the eleventh highest number of deaths by gun in the country. but that’s ok as long as it stays along the 71 corridor. 

crap like what went down at the parade is the result of ignoring what goes down everyday in a big part of kc.

so lock these two up, I don’t disagree, but there’s going to be four more right behind them, and six behind them.  you seriously don’t want this kind of thing to happen, get out of your bubble and help.

this isn’t pointed at you, pete.

No doubt.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24696 on: February 18, 2024, 08:33:46 AM »
so chris jones has been tagged?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24697 on: February 18, 2024, 09:23:34 AM »
Her donation getting media attention isn’t any weirder than her going to a football game getting media attention or her going out to dinner getting media attention.

This also enrages me though.  Both things make me see red

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24698 on: February 18, 2024, 09:32:37 AM »

This also enrages me though.  Both things make me see red
I like when they show her on TV at the games.  It's either her or a mulleted domestic abuser from Raytown who is about to get his 4th DUI on the way home from the game.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24699 on: February 18, 2024, 10:06:48 AM »
I need to go find this GIF and use it at every opportunity. Love the "cleavage check" hand.