Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1505649 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #23800 on: January 11, 2024, 01:18:46 PM »
What about a 2/3 full arrowhead for a playoff game, and then the power goes out to the stadium lights in the 2nd quarter

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23801 on: January 11, 2024, 01:22:12 PM »
mocat what's the weirdest Mahomes era playoff game? I'm going either the Super Bowl vs Tampa or the 24-0 game vs Houston

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23802 on: January 11, 2024, 01:25:13 PM »
Wish they would wise up and just move the game to 12 PM CST

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23803 on: January 11, 2024, 01:25:49 PM »
Anyone taking the time to buy stupid peacock is still gonna watch a noon kickoff.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23804 on: January 11, 2024, 01:26:48 PM »
Anyone taking the time to buy stupid peacock is still gonna watch a noon kickoff.

I heard the 'male genitals is no longer offering free trials. I guess I'm going to have to pay $6 to watch the Chiefs embarrass themselves?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23805 on: January 11, 2024, 01:28:21 PM »
If I could bet Skylar Thompson OVER 8 passing attempts at like +650 I think I would. Can I bet that anywhere?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23806 on: January 11, 2024, 01:42:54 PM »
Cf3, your obsession with the worst nfl timeslot is perhaps the most puzzling thing about you
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23807 on: January 11, 2024, 01:43:49 PM »
mocat what's the weirdest Mahomes era playoff game? I'm going either the Super Bowl vs Tampa or the 24-0 game vs Houston

the TB super bowl was super weird!
the Houston game was just a great game, not that weird imo.
personally i might have to say the Steelers game because it was so forgettable that i have no recollection of it, even though it was Ben R's last ever football game.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 01:47:09 PM by mocat »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23808 on: January 11, 2024, 01:46:40 PM »
If I could bet Skylar Thompson OVER 8 passing attempts at like +650 I think I would. Can I bet that anywhere?

i don't see anything on draftkings, but if there was an O/U available it would be set at 0.5

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23809 on: January 11, 2024, 01:56:10 PM »
Cf3, your obsession with the worst nfl timeslot is perhaps the most puzzling thing about you

I can live with that

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23810 on: January 11, 2024, 02:00:13 PM »

personally i might have to say the Steelers game because it was so forgettable that i have no recollection of it, even though it was Ben R's last ever football game.

I went and looked at the box score. That Steelers game was maybe the normalist one ever

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23811 on: January 11, 2024, 02:03:20 PM »
What was the game (AFC championship?) where the Chiefs were down like a billion points and then came back and won? I'm going with that one.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23812 on: January 11, 2024, 02:12:17 PM »
1/12/19 vs indy (W 31-13): after the win i did a snow angel in my front yard while smoking a cigar. watched with my brothers, great memory.
1/20/19 vs new england  (L 31-37 OT): i just remember being irate at the chris jones roughing the passer. once that happened it was like set in stone that the chiefs would lose. very deflating end to a great game.

1/12/20 vs houston (W 51-31): we got a taste of what it feels like to be a KU basketball fan when KU hosts a Frank Martin KSU team
1/29/20 vs tennesee (W 35-24): my favorite playoff game. this is the hump the chiefs had never gotten past in my entire lifetime. i watched in an upstairs bar in the french quarter with a bunch of kc folks in town for my best friend's wedding. went on an absinthe ghost tour after the game. we were invincible.
2/02/20 vs san francisco (W 31-20): excruciating game until WASP happened. besides shakira/jennifer lopez at halftime, not very enjoyable until the end, and then it was just pure ecstasy. Damien Williams should have been MVP (GO BACK AND WATCH THE FULL GAME!)

1/17/21 vs cleveland (W 22-17): the chad henne hero game.
1/24/21 vs buffalo (W 38-24): chiefs were losing 9-0 to end the 1st quarter; by the 4th quarter they were up 38-15. a very fun beatdown of the upstart josh allen bills.
2/07/21 vs tampa bay (L 9-31): weird game. the horizontal pass straight to the face mask. seeing the weeknd through a fisheye lens. not as agonizing as 2019 vs new england though, because in this one the chiefs were just beaten start to finish. it felt like once Tom retired the chiefs would win every super bowl.

1/16/22 vs pittsburgh (W 42-21): can anyone name one thing that happened in this game?
1/23/22 vs buffalo (W 42-36): the 13 seconds game. incredible almost indescribable roller coaster of emotions. DO IT KELC DO IT DO IT!
1/30/22 vs cincinnati (L 24-27 OT): up 2 scores at halftime. weird offensive meltdown in 2nd half was ugly. still managed to get to OT, but vibes were not good. i don't remember exactly what happened in OT actually but it didn't feel right.

1/21/23 vs jacksonville (W 27-20): kind of a ho hum going through the motions taking care of business type win that never felt in doubt but was kind of close. the first time i felt bad about not being excited for a playoff game.
1/29/23 vs cincinnati (W 23-20): classic game. felt like the chiefs were the better team but kept Fing up. the personal foul at the end allowed butker to drain the winner with 3 seconds left
2/12/23 vs philadelphia (W 38-35): another classic game. felt awful at halftime down 10, mahomes injured, a seemingly unstoppable philly offense. we witnessed an incredible andy reid in the 2nd half, and all the big stars for both teams showed out. dumb ending (if you were a neutral viewer) but shouldn't tarnish a wonderful back and forth game. like the closest thing i've seen to the 54-51 rams game at the rose bowl in 2018.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #23813 on: January 11, 2024, 02:16:51 PM »
Just watch the game here

https://live.sport365.stream/

Usually has a 10-30 second delay. Works fine for me when I want to watch an out of market game.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23814 on: January 11, 2024, 02:23:34 PM »
What was the game (AFC championship?) where the Chiefs were down like a billion points and then came back and won? I'm going with that one.

1/12/20 vs houston (W 51-31): we got a taste of what it feels like to be a KU basketball fan when KU hosts a Frank Martin KSU team

wow, right on cue from squawkne

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23815 on: January 11, 2024, 02:31:14 PM »
When you were talking about a Pittsburgh playoff game I figured it was in like 19 not last year. Absolutely no memory of it lmao
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23816 on: January 11, 2024, 02:34:48 PM »
When you were talking about a Pittsburgh playoff game I figured it was in like 19 not last year. Absolutely no memory of it lmao

exactly! that's weird! mahomes threw 5 touchdowns (!?) and i don't remember any of them

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23817 on: January 11, 2024, 02:38:43 PM »

I went and looked at the box score. That Steelers game was maybe the normalist one ever

are you familiar with horseshoe theory?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23818 on: January 11, 2024, 02:48:07 PM »

wow, right on cue from squawkne

'Twas a good game. I have fond memories of watching it with my bro.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23819 on: January 11, 2024, 02:53:43 PM »

as a matter of fact I am. biggest memory from that game was the TJ Watt TD and me thinking we might be due for a letdown.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23820 on: January 11, 2024, 02:57:10 PM »
Pretty cool we ended Ben Rothelisberger's and Andrew Luck's careers at Arrowhead with Mahomes.

The snow game against the Colts I went to Gates on Emanual Cleaver BLVD before the game with some friends from High School. Sat in the tip top row of the stade and just partied.

Game I remember the least is the AFC Champ against Buffalo. I know I watched it at home but I don't remember a thing from it.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23821 on: January 11, 2024, 03:07:20 PM »

as a matter of fact I am. biggest memory from that game was the TJ Watt TD and me thinking we might be due for a letdown.

Even you saying TJ Watt TD sparks absolutely nothing in my brain, lol

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23822 on: January 11, 2024, 03:25:20 PM »
The two games that stand out to me as most emotional were the 2019 game vs. New England and last year vs. Cincinnati. The New England 2nd half was bonkers, the build up from us losing 3 straight to Cincinnati last year was bonkers.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23823 on: January 11, 2024, 05:35:35 PM »
forecast is now -5?  If i weren't sitting in the suite the chances of me going would be pretty low

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #23824 on: January 11, 2024, 06:35:12 PM »
Maybe they can just move the game to the T-Mobile Center?