Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1461082 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #22525 on: February 13, 2023, 10:08:25 AM »
I hope Juju gets a big contract somewhere. I like him very.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22526 on: February 13, 2023, 10:28:57 AM »
How many more seasons of Andy Reid we have left?  Like to see him and Pat get at least one more before he goes.

he’s 64.  where did the question of him retiring, which seemingly started yesterday, come from?

I think it likely came from the fact that he’s retirement age
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22527 on: February 13, 2023, 10:29:48 AM »
What a night!  Rough morning, though.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22528 on: February 13, 2023, 10:51:18 AM »
I have had a stupid smile on my face all day
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22529 on: February 13, 2023, 10:53:21 AM »
watched the game at with family at my parents house, then walked around westport to take it all in. was also playing the fireworks or gunshots game but then saw a guy empty a clip straight into the air in the former Californo's parking lot. Fidel's did a lot of business, saw a lot of cops with cigars fist bumping folks with open containers etc. Overall just a lot of hugging and dancing and high fiving and twerking and honking.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22530 on: February 13, 2023, 10:53:34 AM »
it's just so cool that we all sort of braced ourselves for a little step back this year while the offense reinvented itself and the defense worked through all the rookies. incredible achievement to win the super bowl with that, and two other real contenders in the same conference.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22531 on: February 13, 2023, 10:56:17 AM »
it's just so cool that we all sort of braced ourselves for a little step back this year while the offense reinvented itself and the defense worked through all the rookies. incredible achievement to win the super bowl with that, and two other real contenders in the same conference.

yes. all year it was Bills this Bengals that. this one is sweet.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22532 on: February 13, 2023, 10:58:30 AM »
mocat I did the westport postgame when we beat the 49ers but this one was a family celebration. was fun to live it up with the kids.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #22533 on: February 13, 2023, 11:00:02 AM »
I lost my mind and went absolutely bananas multiple times. Ironically the time I went bananas the most was the scoop and score that came back. I watch football every weekend and I do not understand the catch rule.

We were at a party with about 45 people and we made ice cream sundaes at halftime for the kids (and adults). There was all sorts of good snakes to eat. I made coors banquet my beverage of choice, polishing off several of the pony bottles. I ate so much, danced with my kids at the end, and had an amazing night. We were in KCK so the game of "fireworks or gunshots" was in full effect.

Some fav plays:

The Kaulin Saunders sprint to push Jalen out for a loss of 1.
Kelce shoestring catch!
The entire first drive, but especially the over the shoulder catch by Kelce, wow.
Juju's 3 catches on one drive, what a night!
Pat's 26 yard scramb. WOW! (Dave Armstrong voice)

Listening to Mitch (a complete stud) on the way home was a treat for the whole family.

Rex Voice:
Eagles, you got to go

@sys, get in here.

Sounds like a great time bud
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22534 on: February 13, 2023, 11:06:34 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22535 on: February 13, 2023, 11:13:47 AM »

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22536 on: February 13, 2023, 11:24:59 AM »
When did it become a thing that refs shouldn't call obvious penalties toward the end of a game because it will impact the game?

The people that wanted the Eagles to win/Chiefs to lose are the ones that are angry. I'm guessing it's because they were up 14-7 early, they kept Mahomes off the field, and without the Hurts fumble, it's not crazy to think they could've been up 20+ at halftime. Maybe cruise to a win.

They want an excuse so they don't have to acknowledge how the turntables...

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22537 on: February 13, 2023, 11:33:51 AM »
Chiefs are the most hated team in the NFL.  As a Chiefs fan, it is glorious and so much fun to see the hate. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22538 on: February 13, 2023, 11:49:56 AM »
dax is right about the complaints about the refs. AFC Championship game you give the ball back to the Chiefs with time on the clock, have an obvious hit out of bounds and people cry. Yesterday the Eagles let the Chiefs chew up all the clock and drive to the red zone, hold a receiver, and then people be complaining about the refs.

It's sad but also hilarious.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22539 on: February 13, 2023, 11:56:49 AM »
I think the Chiefs have a bigger gripe about their second fumble return for a touchdown being overturned than the Eagles do on their blatant holding being called. I think the refs got both plays right, but at least the fumble recovery was a close call.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22540 on: February 13, 2023, 11:59:44 AM »
I don't think that Goedert catch was a catch.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22541 on: February 13, 2023, 12:01:03 PM »
I think the Chiefs have a bigger gripe about their second fumble return for a touchdown being overturned than the Eagles do on their blatant holding being called. I think the refs got both plays right, but at least the fumble recovery was a close call.

I'd add the Chiefs first punt of the game had what I thought was a pretty obvious DPI on 3rd down as well. Butterfly effect, and who knows what happens the rest of the game if that is called correctly.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22542 on: February 13, 2023, 12:05:52 PM »
Thing I still can’t get over is Pats mobility in the game. That last 20+ yard scamper looked pretty much as good as he’s ever been running wise all year.  Should have looked like Will Howard running short side option after the abuse his ankle has taken.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22543 on: February 13, 2023, 12:19:22 PM »
I am interested in why the announcer said Ju-Ju's full name every single time he said his name.  That's a really long name to say.  Why not pick a player with a shorter name if you are going to decide to say just one player's full name every time?  It made no sense.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22544 on: February 13, 2023, 01:09:03 PM »

IMO the refs did a pretty good job all night.

The Goedert catch was a catch, at game speed and the initial reply it wasn't, but technically was.

The "catch" fumble that was returned for a TD was not "football" move. What sucks about that one is probably 0.3 seconds more time went by it probably could've had enough of a "process" and "possession" but it was just too bang bang, he clearly "caught" it but it wasn't what I think the NFL clearly defines as a catch.

The hold was fairly mild, but technically a correct call. I think on that one what ended up mattering more is that
1) it ultimately meant the Eagles couldn't get the ball back in appreciable time, which I think people wanted to see (unless Butker doinks it it's a score regardless)
2) it really didn't overly matter on the route/throw, it was well over his head and fairly uncatchable, even with the mildest of slowdowns on the hold.

They did as good a job as they could've given the stakes, and IMO were correct in all 3 of those instances. Lots of technical/eye of the beholder, but IMO, the correct calls.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22545 on: February 13, 2023, 01:15:29 PM »
I could've missed the discussion on here, but my god was Philly unstoppable on the QB sneak.  Just ridiculously frustrating to watch.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22546 on: February 13, 2023, 01:19:58 PM »
I could've missed the discussion on here, but my god was Philly unstoppable on the QB sneak.  Just ridiculously frustrating to watch.

Amazing how many down & 1s they had too.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22547 on: February 13, 2023, 01:21:22 PM »
My fanatics order so far then going to hit the stores today/tomorrow and see what's available:

1 full zip jacket
1 long sleeve t
1 quarter zip jacket
1 long sleeve hoodie
1 beanie

Probably not keeping them all but wanted to see what they were like.

The championship hats are awful as are all championship hats.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22548 on: February 13, 2023, 01:38:16 PM »
I can't believe how much media was really behind the eagles.  The griping, bitching about that flag outed a lot of dorks.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22549 on: February 13, 2023, 01:41:28 PM »
I kept thinking to myself during the game this is what people must have felt when K-State used to do this to folks
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.