Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1461970 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #19250 on: February 11, 2021, 09:22:14 AM »
I know we lost the big game, but I think a bit more of a victory lap is in order. 14-2, back to back to back AFC Championship games at Arrowhead, back to back Lamars, it crashed hard but it was a p fun ride.

What were some of your favorite moments from the 2020/21 Chiefs seas? I'll go first.

Kelce TD to take the lead in Las Vegas
Mahomes rushing TD in the Browns game and he just chucks the ball into the stands
Coach Reid's foggy shield
Hill backflip in Tampa
The entire first half at Baltimore

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19251 on: February 11, 2021, 09:24:54 AM »
How are you bleep bloop bleeping those delta numbers, kilt?

Vision, bro
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19252 on: February 11, 2021, 09:26:30 AM »
I know we lost the big game, but I think a bit more of a victory lap is in order. 14-2, back to back to back AFC Championship games at Arrowhead, back to back Lamars, it crashed hard but it was a p fun ride.

What were some of your favorite moments from the 2020/21 Chiefs seas? I'll go first.

Kelce TD to take the lead in Las Vegas
Mahomes rushing TD in the Browns game and he just chucks the ball into the stands
Coach Reid's foggy shield
Hill backflip in Tampa
The entire first half at Baltimore

Dominating Buffalo (arguably 2nd best team in AFC) twice this year felt pretty great.  KC had a lot of doubters in the AFC Championship and we absolutely thumped them!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19253 on: February 11, 2021, 09:27:17 AM »
it's pretty dumb that wacky isn't allowed to post in the pit.  dax already makes the place rough ridin' unreadable, there's nothing wacky could do to make it worse.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19254 on: February 11, 2021, 09:29:11 AM »
2020 highlights:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19255 on: February 11, 2021, 09:29:47 AM »
Agree on other posts, but also:

4th & 1 Henne throw
Pringle kick return TD
Ferrari plays (those debuted this year, right?)

One part that made me a little sad in a way was not getting nervous in regular-season games.  The only stakes I felt were getting the 1 seed from Pitt and I was overwhelmingly confident we would make the plays down the stretch to win each individual game.  Such is the price of success though.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19256 on: February 11, 2021, 09:30:58 AM »
i don't think it's a talent issue on offense as much as it is that the offense is coming back to earth as the league gets used to mahomes and the play calling his talent allows big red to get away with 

also like mocat said, i think there's a lot of overreaction in this thread to one game

this guy put together like 10 mins of great highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMmOaiclNbE

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19257 on: February 11, 2021, 09:31:16 AM »
it's pretty dumb that wacky isn't allowed to post in the pit.  dax already makes the place rough ridin' unreadable, there's nothing wacky could do to make it worse.

It's not for you (us), it's for him

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19258 on: February 11, 2021, 09:32:29 AM »

I think it's legit for his own good, but if he's going to piss all over every other board then why not. I'm not going to reply to the wig stuff anymore because it's either intentional or he just isn't going to relent anyway.

I apologize, Kansas City Football Team fans.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19259 on: February 11, 2021, 09:32:39 AM »

Vision, bro

Can you run the 2020 delta through the machine one more time

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #19260 on: February 11, 2021, 09:33:18 AM »
You're right, it's not making any difference anyway.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19261 on: February 11, 2021, 09:35:34 AM »

Vision, bro

Can you run the 2020 delta through the machine one more time

You're not worthy

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19262 on: February 11, 2021, 09:35:41 AM »

I think it's legit for his own good, but if he's going to piss all over every other board then why not. I'm not going to reply to the wig stuff anymore because it's either intentional or he just isn't going to relent anyway.

i wasn't singling you out or giving him free reign, my ask was to everyone participating in the endless argument

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19263 on: February 11, 2021, 09:36:01 AM »

It's not for you (us), it's for him

Also you can mute (or whatever it's called) individual posters and it totally rules. The pit for me is now a centralized location for political news/tweets, and also dickstone finding new ways to say taze your own shaft ad infinitum

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19264 on: February 11, 2021, 09:38:09 AM »
#FreeWackyCat

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19265 on: February 11, 2021, 09:42:34 AM »

i wasn't singling you out or giving him free reign, my ask was to everyone participating in the endless argument

No it was definitely my fault, I  :Take the Bait: by a bad faith argument. I'm legit sorry I distracted from y'all mourning your loss.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19266 on: February 11, 2021, 09:48:33 AM »
I hope that the Chiefs players are thoroughly pissed after watching the Bucs super bowl parade/charades. Would be awesome to get a rematch next year. Doubtful but awesome.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19267 on: February 11, 2021, 09:50:36 AM »
Depending on what the cap is next year, Schefter said it could be as low as $181 mil, we are going to have to get rid of $19-$24ish mil.  Jones has a $20 mil roster bonus cap hit, so they could\should try to move some of that around.  Sammy will either be gone or restructured.  Schwartz $10 mil cap hit looks like it will be gone, and Mathieu will likely be restructured as well since it's his last year.  Others... Fisher $10 mil cap hit, Hitchens $10 mil cap hit.  I know Hitchens does a lot verbally on the defense, but I could see them moving on from him to help out as well.   What else am I missing?

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19268 on: February 11, 2021, 09:59:54 AM »
Depending on what the cap is next year, Schefter said it could be as low as $181 mil, we are going to have to get rid of $19-$24ish mil.  Jones has a $20 mil roster bonus cap hit, so they could\should try to move some of that around.  Sammy will either be gone or restructured.  Schwartz $10 mil cap hit looks like it will be gone, and Mathieu will likely be restructured as well since it's his last year.  Others... Fisher $10 mil cap hit, Hitchens $10 mil cap hit.  I know Hitchens does a lot verbally on the defense, but I could see them moving on from him to help out as well.   What else am I missing?

I don't know what Sammy Watkins makes, but there is really no reason to keep him.  Dude can't stay healthy.
Make a joke and I will sigh, and you will laugh and I will cry.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19269 on: February 11, 2021, 10:01:16 AM »
Sorry, guys! #1Chief. Sammy and D Rob are free agents. They're gone.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19270 on: February 11, 2021, 10:01:54 AM »

I don't know what Sammy Watkins makes, but there is really no reason to keep him.  Dude can't stay healthy.

He had an almost $16 mil cap hit on a one year deal this year.  Total waste.  No one will sign him, so they could get him for dirt cheap if he wanted to stay.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19271 on: February 11, 2021, 10:03:37 AM »
This was Sammy's incentives this year (he hit none of them):

71% snaps or 6 TDs: $500,000
75% snaps or 7 TDs: $500,000
8 TDS + Playoffs: $750,000
65 REC + Playoffs: $750,000
800 REC Yards + Playoffs: $750,000
AFC Championship Win (50% snaps): $1.25M
65 REC + AFC Championship Win: $1.25M
800 REC Yards + AFC Championship Win: $1.25M

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19272 on: February 11, 2021, 10:07:47 AM »

He had an almost $16 mil cap hit on a one year deal this year.  Total waste.  No one will sign him, so they could get him for dirt cheap if he wanted to stay.
It was a 9mill base with incentives. I highly doubt he got any incentives this year. Also, his contract before he restructured with us is what was real criminal.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19273 on: February 11, 2021, 10:09:19 AM »
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/cap/

Hitchens needs to go but he doesn't save that much money.  It's similar to Sammy's situation last year.  Fisher and Schwartz are really the only ways to save money.  I would love to keep a healthy Schwartz but that doesn't appear to be an option.  Clark could restructure but moving on from him is nearly impossible until next year.

Man, I thought we would be getting a 2nd or 3rd out of Fisher before he was injured.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19274 on: February 11, 2021, 10:27:22 AM »
Hitchens was by far our best LB, so we probably shouldn’t get rid of him unless we have a LB tree growing somewhere I don’t know about
:adios: