Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1461162 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #18650 on: January 07, 2021, 11:22:10 PM »
I hope he gets his shot.  But yea given the amount of times he has been passed up maybe he does such at interviews.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18651 on: January 07, 2021, 11:26:38 PM »
He was the hot name last year and this year and nobody has taken him yet. He’s had a billion interviews and nobody has hired him yet. You don’t think other colleagues told them not to interview him? Might go: 1. Get a GM first (when your franchise is a joke). 2. Head coach next?!
Read my post again friend

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18652 on: January 07, 2021, 11:58:54 PM »
What on earth is wrong with houston

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1347344365254041605?s=19

I legit feel for Deshaun, last year's game aside. He was nails in college, and I honestly think he has talent right up there with Mahomes, or at least the gamesmanship for sure, but never has been given and weapons to help, especially after their dumbass coach gave Hopkins over for TLBM, you could see the hope in him kinda go out, like the first game of the year vs the Chiefs.

There was a shot I remember him looking over the Chiefs sideline and you could tell he really wished he was over there, not just because of winning, but because he could have been picked to be on that sideline with a competent coach, a stable full of weapons, instead being swallowed up by Houston's ineptness.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18653 on: January 08, 2021, 06:47:02 AM »
Houston didn't even request an interview to know if he's bad at it or not. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18654 on: January 08, 2021, 07:52:12 AM »
Houston didn't even request an interview to know if he's bad at it or not.

Yes thank you IC, that was the shocking part of the tweet

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #18655 on: January 08, 2021, 08:26:47 AM »
They don't even have a GM, guys.  :dunno:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18656 on: January 08, 2021, 08:38:31 AM »

Nick Caserio

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18657 on: January 08, 2021, 08:43:19 AM »

as of Jan 5th, the texans have already interviewed Jim Caldwell and Marvin Lewis, and requested interviews with Joe Brady, Matt Eberflus, and Arthur Smith.

I'm not sure why you're trying to push this boulder up the hill

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18658 on: January 08, 2021, 08:45:39 AM »
the fact they have *not* requested an interview with the more than qualified candidate who is in the process of interviewing with all 5 of the other vacancies, AND who is the same person who your franchise just asked to be interviewed is utterly astounding.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18659 on: January 08, 2021, 09:05:54 AM »

as of Jan 5th, the texans have already interviewed Jim Caldwell and Marvin Lewis, and requested interviews with Joe Brady, Matt Eberflus, and Arthur Smith.

I'm not sure why you're trying to push this boulder up the hill
Got the Rooney rule taken care of early, now onto the real interviews :dubious:
:adios:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #18660 on: January 08, 2021, 09:27:19 AM »
i would be so pissed to be a houston fan rn. it is criminal to waste a top tier QB when you got it. Same with the Lions too
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18661 on: January 08, 2021, 09:33:52 AM »
I really think that Houston has to trade Watson.  They don't have any picks to build around him any time soon and if they trade other pieces, they'll just continue to piss him off.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18662 on: January 08, 2021, 09:35:32 AM »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18663 on: January 08, 2021, 09:39:40 AM »
I really think that Houston has to trade Watson.  They don't have any picks to build around him any time soon and if they trade other pieces, they'll just continue to piss him off.

what if miami sent tua and their 2021 #3 overall pick to houston for him?  :eek:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18664 on: January 08, 2021, 09:59:46 AM »

what if miami sent tua and their 2021 #3 overall pick to houston for him?  :eek:

I think Watson is worth more than that but it's a starting point.  I know Watt is aging and probably should be traded but I don't know how they can move him.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18665 on: January 08, 2021, 10:25:45 AM »

I think Watson is worth more than that but it's a starting point.  I know Watt is aging and probably should be traded but I don't know how they can move him.

Watt should have been traded two years ago. 

Houston needs to clean house which includes trading Watson.  Benefits both parties. 

Also I selfishly do not want EB going to LA.  Herbert will be a constant top 5 QB if that happens and I don't really want that for the Chiefs.  As FYI Herbert was 6th in yds and 10th in TD's this season. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #18666 on: January 08, 2021, 10:29:23 AM »
I don't think EB would want to face Mahomes twice a year. If he has options, I know SD is one of the best opportunities out there, but that would be brutal. He should take Jacksonville, if Meyer doesn't take it.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18667 on: January 08, 2021, 10:40:10 AM »
The Jets would be the easiest division to coach in. 

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18668 on: January 08, 2021, 10:49:18 AM »

Yea but cold weather sucks and the Bills are actually probably the 2nd best team in the AFC.  Jags do see like the best option.  Maybe Falcons since Brady and Brees are old. 

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18669 on: January 08, 2021, 11:03:51 AM »
i would be so pissed to be a houston fan rn. it is criminal to waste a top tier QB when you got it. Same with the Lions too

It's pissing me of and I don't really care for Houston (or the NFL in general that much). I just want to see guys who are actually you know, good at what they do, be able to shine and show that. Watson is 1000% that guy.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18670 on: January 08, 2021, 02:50:07 PM »
Does anyone know what percentage of plays EB actually calls?  I always figured he called a majority of them, and then Reid changed a few, but maybe he does less than we think?  I have also always thought our end of game play calling was a bit suspect, esp with the lead.  Is that on EB or Reid?  I need to know who to blame when I am spiraling, etc.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18671 on: January 08, 2021, 02:54:58 PM »
What on earth is wrong with houston

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1347344365254041605?s=19

They are definitely getting one of the reps of a franchise that you don't want to go to.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18672 on: January 08, 2021, 03:19:27 PM »

Yea but cold weather sucks and the Bills are actually probably the 2nd best team in the AFC.  Jags do see like the best option.  Maybe Falcons since Brady and Brees are old.

yeah i could be convinced of this. their cap number for 2021 is unreal bad (see above) but i haven't looked into why that is exactly, or how easy it would be for them to fix

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18673 on: January 08, 2021, 03:20:43 PM »
i cannot express to you guys how enormous of a dirty birds fan i was in middle school when they went to the super bowl vs elway

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18674 on: January 08, 2021, 03:45:42 PM »
Does anyone know what percentage of plays EB actually calls?  I always figured he called a majority of them, and then Reid changed a few, but maybe he does less than we think?  I have also always thought our end of game play calling was a bit suspect, esp with the lead.  Is that on EB or Reid?  I need to know who to blame when I am spiraling, etc.

Reid calls plays.  I'm sure EB has input/calls some but it's largely a Reid responsibility which also explains being a little more conservative late.  Honestly, I thought Reid was too conservative late in games previously but have noticed him passing more if a late first down will ice the game.  I think some of our issues are on execution with the 4-minute offense.  My other knock on the offense is thinking they get a little too cute at times to show off creative plays.  Our offense has an advantage in almost every situation so I don't understand the need to call trick plays so much.  I wonder if some of it is to get something attention grabbing on tape to help EB out.  Perhaps also trying to have a little fun and keep energy/focus up when the team could have a lull coming off the SB