Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1461211 times)

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
Re: CHIEFS KINGDOM, REID DAWN RISING - Non FSD
« Reply #15700 on: December 14, 2018, 03:41:24 PM »
Andy has to adjust how he calls games. Assume the other team will score. If its 4th and less than 6 anywhere past our own 40, go for it. All the time. When you account for the cheap Defensive holding, its pretty likely you're going to convert a ton of those.

yep. i would play reckless beyond words. i'd employ a no punt strategy except for the rarest of circumstances, i'd onside kick after every touchdown, i'd blitz relentlessly just going boom-or-bust and i'd also go for 2 every time (assuming the chiefs are capable of converting over 50% of them).

if andy is playing every possession with the assumption he has four downs instead of three, his play calling can be more creative and unpredictable, with 3rd-and-5's not necessarily being a pass down. any recovered onside kick by the chiefs would be a death sentence to the opponent.

this defense is so bad between the 30s that field position doesn't even matter. pinning the chargers inside their own 10 yd line just felt like delaying the inevitable. i'd rather them score their TD or kick their FG in three minutes instead of six.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15701 on: December 14, 2018, 05:24:02 PM »
Collin Cowherd talking crap on Mahomes today is next level troll job. Making fun of his hair, his headband, his left handed throws, etc. Saying he'd take Rivers any day of the week over Mahomes. Saying Mahomes has been gifted more weapons vs any other rookie quaterback out there and he's wasting it.  :jerk:

I hate that guy!  :dubious:

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15702 on: December 14, 2018, 09:08:53 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/1073763043606093826

This guy is former NFL team Doctor.  He thinks Fuller will play again this year.  Sounds like he even could play at Seattle. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #15703 on: December 16, 2018, 06:26:40 PM »
Hell ya. Bye Patriots.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #15704 on: December 16, 2018, 08:03:24 PM »
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15705 on: December 16, 2018, 09:31:03 PM »
8-6 Ravens will have a ton on the line next Saturday night at LAC.  If they win, they likely win the division. Pitt will be underdog at the Saints.  Then Ravens host Browns in week 17

If they lose to LAC, they likely wont make the playoffs. NYG at 8-6 Indy. Washington at 8-6 Tennessee. Colts and Titans play each other in week 17. Good chance one of them finishes 10-6

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15706 on: December 17, 2018, 08:01:14 AM »
Seattle losing has me even more  :ohno:

I hope our guys can get that W. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15707 on: December 17, 2018, 09:33:54 AM »
Houston has some garbage ass competition coming up too. 

Now we have to beat Seattle and probably Oakland for the 1, not that I'm terribly concerned about going to Houston.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #15708 on: December 17, 2018, 09:41:39 AM »
I just want to see a Chiefs team close something out. Just go beat both teams and call it a day.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15709 on: December 17, 2018, 09:44:41 AM »
We do have the tie breaker over Houston.  So we can lose 1 as long as LAC loses 1.  AppleJack and I were working the playoff "what if" scenarios in the office this morning. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15710 on: December 17, 2018, 09:46:44 AM »
We do have the tie breaker over Houston.  So we can lose 1 as long as LAC loses 1.  AppleJack and I were working the playoff "what if" scenarios in the office this morning. 

We lose the tiebreaker if they win out and we lose to the Raiders.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15711 on: December 17, 2018, 09:49:09 AM »
My optimism is rebounding. The Patriots losing another game, and likely dropping to a 3-seed, shows that the AFC’s path to the Super Bowl is wide open and the Chiefs are primed to take advantage if they can take care of business this Sunday.

As discussed above, as bad as the last loss sucked in terms of a missed opportunity, it doesn’t necessarily prove anything other than that we must rely on our offense to protect a 4Q lead. Good thing we’ve got an amazing offense. Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, Watkins?, Ware, Williams, we’ve have an embarrassing riches of offensive weapons. Don’t get conservative, and we can steamroll our way through the AFC.

Oh, and Berry’s back. If our D can even be almost average.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15712 on: December 17, 2018, 09:53:57 AM »

We lose the tiebreaker if they win out and we lose to the Raiders.

Yes, losing to the Raiders would ruin that.  We can lose to Seattle, beat the Raiders, and maintain our 1 Seed as long as LAC loses 1 more to Baltimore or Denver....even if Houston goes 2-0.   

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15713 on: December 17, 2018, 09:56:21 AM »
yeah Berry's impact in that first half was really more than anybody could have imagined. he was getting people in the right spots (embarrassing for bob sutton) and thumping RB's at the line all over the place.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15714 on: December 17, 2018, 10:13:58 AM »
yeah Berry's impact in that first half was really more than anybody could have imagined. he was getting people in the right spots (embarrassing for bob sutton) and thumping RB's at the line all over the place.

His presence around the line of scrimmage was a huge plus to the defense.  I didn't realize they were only playing him a half, which is why Sorensen got enough time to get out there and really impact the game

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15715 on: December 17, 2018, 11:48:33 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/SethGalina/status/1074037211203584002

Just look how poorly of a job Murray does reacting here. This is 1st & 20 on the last drive

Murray is the top safety.  When Rivers releases the ball, Benjamin is at LAC 43, Murray is at KC 45.  The ball is caught at the KC 45.  Murray doesn't break when the ball is thrown. He drifts back a few more steps and is late in an attempt to get a pass break up.  Not great instincts and slow reacting (bad combination)

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15716 on: December 17, 2018, 12:49:39 PM »
The 7 teams the Chiefs have faced at home as a whole have been "below average" Offensive teams.  Those 7 are currently ave 21.4 pts per game. (23.5 is league Ave)

The 4th Q was a huge disappointment on Thursday. Prior to that we had allowed 21 scoring drives (16 TD) and forced 14 TOs.  A total of 126 pts.  Chiefs Offense has 139 pts in the 1st half at Arrowhead.

I don't totally trust our D at home, but we've been pretty good on forcing TOs at home and getting sacks (28)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #15717 on: December 17, 2018, 01:49:43 PM »
Looks like Fuller is playing Sunday! :Woot:
:adios:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15718 on: December 18, 2018, 07:14:38 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15719 on: December 18, 2018, 07:15:02 PM »
Chris Jones got robbed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15720 on: December 18, 2018, 07:18:02 PM »
Uh yeah he did

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15721 on: December 18, 2018, 07:18:21 PM »
And Schwartz maybe

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #15722 on: December 18, 2018, 07:25:37 PM »
Fisher over Schwartz is a travesty. Jones is bad too. They’ll both end up playing if we aren’t in the Super Bowl though.
:adios:

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15723 on: December 19, 2018, 10:35:07 AM »
Andy has to adjust how he calls games. Assume the other team will score. If its 4th and less than 6 anywhere past our own 40, go for it. All the time. When you account for the cheap Defensive holding, its pretty likely you're going to convert a ton of those.

yep. i would play reckless beyond words. i'd employ a no punt strategy except for the rarest of circumstances, i'd onside kick after every touchdown, i'd blitz relentlessly just going boom-or-bust and i'd also go for 2 every time (assuming the chiefs are capable of converting over 50% of them).

if andy is playing every possession with the assumption he has four downs instead of three, his play calling can be more creative and unpredictable, with 3rd-and-5's not necessarily being a pass down. any recovered onside kick by the chiefs would be a death sentence to the opponent.

this defense is so bad between the 30s that field position doesn't even matter. pinning the chargers inside their own 10 yd line just felt like delaying the inevitable. i'd rather them score their TD or kick their FG in three minutes instead of six.

yep, all of this.

andy has to adopt a 2 minute drill/4 down territory mindset from now until the clock hits 00:00 in the super bowl.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #15724 on: December 19, 2018, 11:23:54 AM »
i'm pretty optimistic about the chiefs' chances in these playoffs and beyond. the bad playoff history is well documented by now, but it seems that we're finally nearing the end of the Brady/Big Ben/Manning Wall that has existed since basically the early 2000s.

i've mastered the art of finding ways to dread whatever playoff opponent the chiefs end up drawing, but for the first time ever, i think the chiefs are going to be at the top of the list of teams every fan of other AFC teams doesn't want to see. let's face it, if you get the chiefs in the playoffs in past years, it's a great draw. other fans wanted the chiefs just like chiefs fans would be thrilled to get the texans or the jags or the bengals in the playoffs. that changes now.

you might beat the chiefs, but it won't be easy, and at best you will probably need to stop mahomes and the league's best offense inside 2 minutes in the 4th quarter to seal victory.